Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POTC Ride Idea?

• Closed Account

POTC Ride Idea?

Since there are rumors/discussions regarding AA Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann going into the ride next summer.....wouldn't it be really cool if a method actor CM as Tia Dalma sat next to the old guy rocking in his chair just before the first drop.

She could be sitting there waving to the guests going by in their boats saying things like "Me wuz wondering wen de winds would blow you guests back my way!"

Just a thought!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: POTC Ride Idea?

I don't think it would be really cool. I don't think they should put the Turner/Swan animatronics in there either - and should remove the Jack Sparrow ones as well.

I may be a purist, but I feel that the attraction was first and it's where they got ideas to make a movie - almost 40 years later. I don't think they should then mold the classic attraction and make it about the movie.

Just my opinion of course.

• Man O Lantern

I really wish they'd quit messing with PotC. If you want to upgrade, upgrade. If you want to repaint, repaint. But no more movie characters.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I dont' care of the idea of a Tia Dalma face character on the ride.

1) A face character would throw off the whole illusion of the AA's in the ride. They look amazing by theirselves, but throw a REAL person next to it, and they'll look lame.

2) I don't want to look at those nasty-azz teeth every time I go on that ride.

I'm really bummed about the Elizabeth and Will animatronics. The Jack ones are okay because (except for the last one), they're subtle. But to add more animatronics of characters from the movie? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

The masses seem to have more power over Disney Choices... New characters are going to be added to POTC or any ride if it generates revenue for the park or the corp!

Sucks.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    The masses seem to have more power over Disney Choices... New characters are going to be added to POTC or any ride if it generates revenue for the park or the corp!

Sucks.
    I think you meant $uck$!

• Sea Creature

Well I'm still not sure on my position of the updates they did last summer but if they're doing more again. I say bring on Tia Dalma! That would definitely be cool. However, I would say make her an animatronic, not a cm.

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

While I can't fathom the idea of not seeing that old man on the porch...I LOVE your idea WatchYourHeadNStep! They could put her at the end, after going up the exit ramp. Or build another "alcove" into the wall like they did for Jack.
    I hope they do add Will & Elizabeth. That would be fun. I'm a purist too, but I like Walt's idea of ever-changing and evolving.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by gemaedhi View Post
    While I can't fathom the idea of not seeing that old man on the porch...I LOVE your idea WatchYourHeadNStep! They could put her at the end, after going up the exit ramp. Or build another "alcove" into the wall like they did for Jack.
    I hope they do add Will & Elizabeth. That would be fun. I'm a purist too, but I like Walt's idea of ever-changing and evolving.
    Or she could walk around Blue Bayou and interact with guests...spreading her voodoo that shedoo so well!!!

• It's a dead man's party!

I think a Tia Dalma face character would be cool, but not in the ride. Perhaps walking around with Jack sometimes and signing autographs? By doing that, it would promote those Tia Dalma necklaces they are selling the park.

Then again, kids who don't know who she is may start crying and it will become one big child cry fest.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan View Post
    I think a Tia Dalma face character would be cool, but not in the ride. Perhaps walking around with Jack sometimes and signing autographs? By doing that, it would promote those Tia Dalma necklaces they are selling the park.

Then again, kids who don't know who she is may start crying and it will become one big child cry fest.
    Hopefully NO child under the age of 13 will know who Captain Jack Sparrow is as well....unless accompanied by a Parent or Guardian!

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Thumbs down Re: POTC Ride Idea?

I can't say I'm really pleased with any of the additions WDI's made to the ride so I'm certainly don't want to see any more movie related material than I have to. In any case, I don't believe the old man on the porch is supposed to be in same time period as the rest of the pirates (be they movie characters or original creations) so it wouldn't work from a chronological perspective.

I still can't get past the fact that the Captain is gone. That Geoffrey Rush figure needs to go!

she's pretty sexy for Disneyland though... I love the Idea of adding Tia to the Blue Bayou. Character Dinner kinda thing. As for walking with Jack is kind of a hit and miss. She's so unique that it would be hard to recreate. Lets see how the third movie plays out.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Hopefully NO child under the age of 13 will know who Captain Jack Sparrow is as well....unless accompanied by a Parent or Guardian!
    Really? Who's that kid in your avatar?

My three kids and every other kid I know of knows who Jack Sparrow is.

I think the Tia Dalma character is gross. I wouldn't want her anywhere at DLR.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Really? Who's that kid in your avatar?

My three kids and every other kid I know of knows who Jack Sparrow is.

I think the Tia Dalma character is gross. I wouldn't want her anywhere at DLR.
    Well growing up WITH Captain Jack Sparrow and being the part of the Undead Monkey is called the "total pirate emersion program!"

Yes but have you let any of your children under the age of 13 actually see the second movie? Rather dark!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast