Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• C4C6C

Re: Little Mermaid ride video!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    no- not a joke-
    I know it is not a joke. The post was in reference to another post in another thread. Someone in this thread knows what I am talking about.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

some of the effects in that video are on the impossible side. Makes you wonder if they could even pull it off

My Maleficent tattoo

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Exactly Nephy, it was in some form of pre production from what I have heard but due to budgetary reasons (nee - Pressler) ODV carts were more appealing.
    This ride was being developed in the early 1990s - possibly even before the movie came out. I remember it being announced for the "Disney Decade" and that was way back in 1989.

Blame Pressler for a lot of things - but this ride was canned as a DL project before Pressler came aboard. By the time Pressler came to DL the project was pitched to the French who instead choose to have Space Mountain over the Mermaid. There's a time and place for everything and it just wasn't the right time for a Little Mermaid ride.

As for the Motorboat Cruise - I don't think they could build anything of any significance in that area without removing the Monorail and Autopia tracks. Just wouldn't happen. Removing the theater is not a possibility as it is a huge people eating - and that leaves absolutely no space in Fantasyland for expansion. The only option would be to take over the Frontierland Arena area.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks, Merlin! i've always thought that a Little Mermaid dark ride would be perfedt for the Motor Boat cruise area. This area is a part of Fantasyland, where Ariel and her friends belong. Plus, the ocean theme would senergetically blend in with the Finding Nemo Subs in Tomorrowland.

According to the mock-up, the ride vehicle is intended to travel along water pathways...meaning that they would be able to keep the infrastructure of the MBC pond in tact. Let's hope they ultimately decide to green light this compelling potential e-ticket (in it's own right) for Disneyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    some of the effects in that video are on the impossible side. Makes you wonder if they could even pull it off
    How so and which ones exactly? I don't see any problems with any of the effects.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

>>According to the mock-up, the ride vehicle is intended to travel along water pathways...meaning that they would be able to keep the infrastructure of the MBC pond in tact.<<

If i'm not mistaken, the shells are suspended from above, like Peter Pan, and the underwater effects are obviously simulated.

If it didn't fit in the motor boat area, I'd happily give up that ugly Videopolis/Princess theatre for this ride, especially now that they have reduced capacity so much for the new Faire.

• Minion FOREVER!

mycroft: you beat me to it!

Yup, I didn't see anything that was "impossible" either.

Also there is space in the Motor Boat area. But there would have to be some major
    work for the "under the sea" portion since that will be impossible w/ the current
    MB setup. And although not easy, it should be possible to work around the Autopia
    and Monorail pylons esp. since MB definitely did.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How much room is available in that waste of space north of the Buzz building?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

This couild fit in the Motor Boat area, also the ride vehicles colud always be made into PeterPan type cars where they could make you go under the sea easier than on a track on the ground.
    This ride is very possable in todays world and I rather have this one ride than Buzz and Pooh. Plus I could see this ride being so populor it would need a fastpass.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    the ride vehicles colud always be made into PeterPan type cars where they could make you go under the sea easier than on a track on the ground.
    That's what they are. Suspended from above. If you look at the part where they first go under the sea as well as when they come back up you can see the black rail above the ride vehicle.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Comin' at ya!

dumb question...Is this from the LM DVD? The one people have been talking about?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Comin' at ya!

never mind, i just watched it.

I think it would be an awesome ride, however it would cost a lot o money. But i'm sure disney could afford it
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Also there is space in the Motor Boat area. But there would have to be some major work for the "under the sea" portion since that will be impossible w/ the current MB setup. And although not easy, it should be possible to work around the Autopia and Monorail pylons esp. since MB definitely did.
    The Motor Boat Cruise was a single level boat ride. The Little Mermaid ride was designed to be a multilevel show building - something on the scale of Indiana Jones. It COULD fit in that area - if some of the building was buried underground and the monorail tracks were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    How much room is available in that waste of space north of the Buzz building?
    I know it's a rough ride, but I wouldn't necessarily call the Matterhorn a waste of space...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post

I know it's a rough ride, but I wouldn't necessarily call the Matterhorn a waste of space...
    lol

South of the Matterhorn, East of Tritons Garden, North of Buzz and West/SouthWest of the Lagoon. I am not a very frequent visitor but on my last visit this area did strike me as a big waste of space.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    never mind, i just watched it.

I think it would be an awesome ride, however it would cost a lot o money. But i'm sure disney could afford it
    Wouldn't cost any more than the multiple millions they put into Mission: SPACE at Epcot. Wasn't it something like $17 million all told? After expenses in 2005, Disney reported a Net Income of 2.5 BILLION. (finance.google.com DIS) They definitely can afford it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast