Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• That's interesting.....

Re: Little Mermaid ride video!

Wow! I saw the CG version on the DVD, but it looks more real and less "CG-ish" on YouTube. I like it.

Did anyone happen to watch "Requiem from a Mermaid", the link to which is located on the same page? It reminds me of all that was great about Walt Disney Feature Animation. I want it back and producing timeless fantasies again... with classical, cartoon-based illustrations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ExL3...elated&search=

I'm ready for some drama and real emotional violence in Disney movies again, too.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 11-17-2006 at 01:52 PM.

• White and Nerdy

Even though I love all of the dark rides in Fantasyland, the place could really benefit from a dark ride that would draw people to Motor Boat area of Fantasyland. Not to mention the park could use an technologically advanced dark ride like that youtube movie shows us.

And we'd get to have life-sized Ariels to gawk at. Everybody wins!

Why do we get Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo, and Monsters, Inc. junk when Disney has a whole backlog of timeless stories that are just begging to be interpreted into Disneyland attractions?

Whether or not Disney ever interprets Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid into an attraction for one of The Magic Kingdoms, I do hope that the company is willing to move beyond the conventional "dark ride", with its ultraviolet light, stage flats, and static puppets, and, instead, create a fully realized and convincing experience. Stories like Pinocchio and Beauty and the Beast deserve no less.

• Rawr...

I read something ont he Disney website... If enough people mail the park requesting to see this ride built, there is a good chance that we'll see it before the end of the decade.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Just splashing around...

Talking Re: Little Mermaid ride video!

Oh what a happy and splashy Mermaid I would be if this actually happened!

• Former Cast Member

If they cannot build it at the location of the old Motor Boat attraction, why not at the Fantasyland theater? I remember reading at one time that the possible site of the Mermaid attraction would be at the Fantasyland theater location. Also what ever happened to the idea of the Alice In Wonderland garden maze attraction. I know they have it in Euro Disneyland, but why was it scrapped here?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Tony Baxter knows where the ride would fit...Ariel's Grotto would be the beginning entrance to the ride. That "waste of space" by Buzz is the area I believe that would be the place Mr. Baxter realized the ride could fit in.

Mr. Baxter also was the one that said that if we email Disney enough, it would be built. If anyone is interested, all they have to do is go here: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Tony Baxter knows where the ride would fit...Ariel's Grotto would be the beginning entrance to the ride. That "waste of space" by Buzz is the area I believe that would be the place Mr. Baxter realized the ride could fit in.

Mr. Baxter also was the one that said that if we email Disney enough, it would be built. If anyone is interested, all they have to do is go here: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage
    I got a phone call from Disney a few days ago regarding some letters I sent to them (building TLM ride being one of them.) Anyway, the people I talked to said that they'd make sure the letters got to Iger and the other people. So, not only e-mailing them works, snail mail does too.

...Joe...

• Sock Puppet

My only worry is the ride capacity. TLM would be VERY popular, and that system looks like it would have to be tweaked to manage the crowds. I mean, Peter Pan isn't really a high-capacity attracion.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Thank you. For a while there I thought maybe my memory of this area was failing
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Ian The Fox

Whoa, this is an awesome looking attraction. It seems to be audio-animatronic rich and be very stunning. I think the show building they'd need for it would have to be humongous, though. It's definitely something worth exploring for Disney if they have a big space of land that they're not doing anything with.
    Woof!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MooglePower View Post
    Whoa, this is an awesome looking attraction. It seems to be audio-animatronic rich and be very stunning. I think the show building they'd need for it would have to be humongous, though. It's definitely something worth exploring for Disney if they have a big space of land that they're not doing anything with.
    I don't think it need be humongous... a couple of the show scenes overlap with each other. You'll be "under water" for the first part of it and then go through a scene or two before coming back to the 1st one, but "above water" (or the inverse). Nice way to actually save space. And though it would have to be 2 stories, they can dig it down so that the under sea parts are actually under ground. That would cut down on visual impact. And dark rides are built so that both sides of walls are used as backgrounds to different scenes. That also saves on space. What would take up space is the outside theming and queue area. Especially if it was build like that model with Eric's castle and all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• e komo mai

If I was a head honcho at DL and someone showed me that mock up of the ride, I'd smile and say 'try again'.
    I like it mostly, but I have a couple of problems with it. The most obvious is the 'Kiss the Girl' number after Ursula's demise. Bleh.
    I'd also like them to explain the transition part from on the surface of the water to beneath it. How does that happen?
    I also think suspended from above cars are not necessary. If you're not hovering over something (like London in 'Pan') then why use a suspended system? Or I'd tell them to make the shells swim over something interesting to look at...
    I'd also require a large fully articulated Ursula AA for when she is big Ursula. It would be the climax for a cool ride and it would make it repeatable for diehard fans.
    I'm not sure if the attraction would fit the MBC footprint. It seems too long for that.
    But I love love the idea of a 'Little Mermaid' ride. But I also love the idea of making it an E ticket ride instead...

If they were to stick to the video this would be a pretty good ride.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast