Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Little Mermaid ride video!

it loooks really fun!!! They should make it at disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

They wouldn't have to actually build the exterior with a castle....the entrance could be more subtle with Triton's garden as it is now.

Not just the Grotto meet and greet area but the entire extra wide walkway North of Buzz and South of the Matterhorn.

I still don't think you can fit an actual attraction in that tiny space, unless you are proposing taking out that walkway on the south side of the Matterhorn. If you look at satelite photos, the area of Ariel's grotto occupies the same basic area as the hub, just in a more iregular shape. So if you really think you can squeeze a darkride and que into the hub, then by all means. I, however, don't want to see another Pooh where they cut corners due to space and we get the discount version.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    How so and which ones exactly? I don't see any problems with any of the effects.
    sorry it took so long to get back here.. hah...

i was mostly thinking about the part of the ride where the ride vehicle goes from on the water next to the boat and suddenly dives underneath the water? . obviously i know this is'nt real water , but still

My Maleficent tattoo

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I know some people are gonna kill me for this since there's always that hope that Skyway will return, but why not just put the ride where the Skyway loading station is in Fantasyland? There's definately enough room there, plus it's on a hill, so the multi-level issue would be solved.

...Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I know some people are gonna kill me for this since there's always that hope that Skyway will return, but why not just put the ride where the Skyway loading station is in Fantasyland? There's definately enough room there, plus it's on a hill, so the multi-level issue would be solved.

...Joe...
    I think you might be decieved by the Fantasyland skyway, what you see is what there is. Just a little box on a hill. Right behind it is a major employee walkway/road. Now, if you were to take out Dumbo as well, there might be enough room for the attraction.

• I'm not really here

Possible ride locations

The red box around Matterhorn is for scale. That box is 200ft x 200ft square. (From google maps)
    Peter Pan is in purple also for scale.

In yellow is the area currently used by Thunder Mt. Ranch.
    In orange is the Fantasyland Theater
    In Green is the Ariel meet and greet/Tritons pond/Buzz overflow queue.

All three are big enough to hold the ride. And all three are bigger than Peter Pan, the largest of the FL dark rides.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

What about the stupid place they had the feast of fools or whatever it was called? lol

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• I was deleted.

I thought it was supposed to go in the old Motoboat Cruise area...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I thought it was supposed to go in the old Motoboat Cruise area...
    No. It was supposed to go in Paris.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Possible ride locations

The red box around Matterhorn is for scale. That box is 200ft x 200ft square. (From google maps)
    Peter Pan is in purple also for scale.

In yellow is the area currently used by Thunder Mt. Ranch.
    In orange is the Fantasyland Theater
    In Green is the Ariel meet and greet/Tritons pond/Buzz overflow queue.

All three are big enough to hold the ride. And all three are bigger than Peter Pan, the largest of the FL dark rides.
    Peter Pan is the smallest of the CA dark rides though.

And as for the Ariel's grotto space, that green blob goes up to the walkways. In reality there would need to be some sort of landscaping around the building or else that would be incredibly clausterphobic, especially durring a parade.

You could fit the ride there if you wanted to cut some show scenes and abreviate others, as well as having the majority of the que be an exterior overflow style que. However, it is quite impossible to fit a quality attraction in such a space, especially considering the lines of people wanting to ride it.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Peter Pan is the smallest of the CA dark rides though.

And as for the Ariel's grotto space, that green blob goes up to the walkways. In reality there would need to be some sort of landscaping around the building or else that would be incredibly clausterphobic, especially durring a parade.

You could fit the ride there if you wanted to cut some show scenes and abreviate others, as well as having the majority of the que be an exterior overflow style que. However, it is quite impossible to fit a quality attraction in such a space, especially considering the lines of people wanting to ride it.
    Correction, Peter Pan is the smallest of the dark rides. (don't know what I was thinking when I put in largest. Thanks for catching that for me).

And yeah, I agree that Ariel's grotto would be the poorest decision, but it could technically be done. I think Fantasyland Theater is the best option. And I think it would be better than the Princess Fantasy Faire.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Minion

I would be inclined to put it in DCA, in paradice pier adjacent to Ariel's grotto where the shop is and have the chinese food buildiing in Pacific Wharf be the show building... Hide it...
    Check out my other blog:

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I emailed Disneyland just for fun and this is the reply that I received:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Unfortunately, at this time no plans to bring a Little Mermaid
    attraction to the DISNEYLAND® Resort have been announced. We apologize
    for any disappointment this may cause you and your family.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
    opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
    will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

David Haynie
    DISNEYLAND® Resort
    Guest Communications

Oh well, maybe someday!
    Foolish Mortal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345