• Closed Account

Angry Pirates and Princesses?

Has anyone heard of this and is DLR going to be getting the same thing or is our FUN going to be bRockin (see a take on Broken) The Parks this early Spring!? If NO I WANT PIRATES AND PRINCESSES!!!!

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Disney's New Pirate & Princess Party To Unwrap Treasures in Magic Kingdom
    Event Immerses Guests in World of Pirates and Princesses
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Dreams of becoming a young buccaneer or pretty princess can come true during the new Disney's Pirate & Princess Party, a fun-filled after-hours event coming to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
    Tickets are now on sale for 13 select nights from Jan. 22 through March 8, 2007.
    With an adventure map and treasure pouch in hand, families can embark on a quest for colorful beads, chocolate doubloons and fun throughout the Magic Kingdom theme park. Adventurers can explore Magic Kingdom on a quest for pirate coves and princess courts brimming with specially themed entertainment, participate in character meet-and-greets and experience some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions open throughout the evening. Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess.
    Adding to the magic of the event will be two new nighttime entertainment spectaculars:
    -- "Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade" features a new 39-foot-long raucous pirate ship overflowing with swashbuckling adventurers, plus a treasure-filled float with Captain Jack Sparrow himself. The colorful cavalcade moves down Main Street, U.S.A. with the twirling Jolly Roger Flag Corps -- plus royal knights on horseback, court dancers and a regal processional of Disney princesses and princes.

-- "Magic, Music and Mayhem," a fireworks display orchestrated to an original musical score, will fill the sky above Magic Kingdom.

"This new party allows guests to live out the adventures of scurvy pirates and pretty princesses," said Tara Anderson, Disney show director. "We have created a new Magic Kingdom event that lets you step right into your favorite stories and fairytales."
    Party highlights:
    -- Adventureland: Captain Jack Sparrow leads a pirate tutorial offering young buccaneers sword fighting tips; plus a chance for photos with Jasmine and laughs with the hilarious Genie.

--Fantasyland: A fish called Flounder and crazy crab Sebastian kick it up with an "Under the Sea" dance party, and meet-and-greets with Ariel.

-- Toontown: Court musicians and strolling jugglers hail princesses Cinderella, Belle and Aurora in a princess pavilion. Pirate Mickey and Donald invite guests to step right up and try their luck at carnival games in a themed play area.

--Frontierland: Singing sensation Riverboat Roulettes lure guests to a haunted river boat where the ghost of Jolly Roger spins tales amidst magicians and more.

-- Tomorrowland: Young guests meet a space pirate, boogie down at Stitch's cosmic dance party, and enjoy break-dancing pirates and other entertainment.

Day-of tickets are priced at $42.95 plus tax (ages 10 and over), $35.95 plus tax (ages 3-9). Phone 407/W-DISNEY or visit disneyworld.com/pirateandprincess. Advance tickets for all nights are $36.95 plus tax (ages 10 and over) and $29.95 plus tax (ages 3-9). Party nights: Jan. 22, 26, 29, Feb. 1, 5 ,8, 12, 15, 23, 26 and March 2, 5, 8. from 7:30 p.m. -12:30 a.m.
    Disney's Pirate & Princess Party debuts during "The Year of a Million Dreams."
    "The Year of a Million Dreams" is a first-of-its-kind celebration with more than one million very special dreams to be granted to guests visiting Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts. Guests will find Disney cast members delivering an unprecedented level of guest service. The celebration will also be highlighted by the debut of innovative Disney attractions and entertainment spectaculars at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts.

Tickets are NOW on sale (7/6/06) and can be purchased by calling 407-W-DISNEY, or at the following locations: Guest Relations at Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Downtown Disney; lobby concierge at Walt Disney World Resorts; at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels; Disney Vacation Club Member Services; or online at www.disneyworld.com

Advance Ticket Prices - $36.95 + $2.41 (tax) = $39.36 ages 10 and up; $29.95 + $1.95 (tax) = $31.90 ages 3 to 9.

Event Day Ticket Prices - $42.95 + $2.90 (tax) = $45.75 total ages 10 and up; $35.95 + $2.34 (tax) = $38.29 ages 3 to 9

Discounts offered on January 22, 26, 29 and February 1, 5 for Passholders and DVC Members. These tickets must be purchased in advance.
    Passholder and up to 3 Guests. Tickets available on the Passholder Website or by calling 407-560-PASS: $32.95 + $2.15 (tax) = $35.10 ages 10 & up; $25.95 + $1.69 (tax) = $27.64 ages 3 to 9. Pick up tickets at Will Call.
    DVC and up to 5 guests available through DVC Member Services: $32.95 + $2.15 (tax) = $35.10 ages 10 & up; $25.95 + $1.69 (tax) = $27.64 ages 3 to 9. Pick up tickets at Will Call.
    DINING DURING THE EVENT: For a full-service dining experience during the event, a family-style dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern ($27.99 plus tax for ages 10 & up and $12.99 plus tax for Guests ages 3-9) will be offered. There will also be a la carte dining at Tonys Town Square Restaurant. Make your advance reservations early when you purchase your tickets or at 407-WDW-DINE.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates and Princesses?

It's been on mousesavers.com for quite awhile now.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Closed Account

Yes man (errr woman)! But does Disneyland Resort ever get this or is our replacement fun nothing! Why doesn't the ORIGINAL park come up with these fun functions!?

I would actually rather not have these kinds of events in DL. I would hate to make a trip to DL then see it was closing for an event you have to pay extra for.

• Closed Account

I guess we will have to settle for the same roller coasters but with different music!

• "714"

*Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess.*

This is why your P.O huh? Kidding, but yes it would be nice to see DL have events like this, Im sure they have their reasons as to why they dont.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
    *Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess.*

This is why your P.O huh? Kidding, but yes it would be nice to see DL have events like this, Im sure they have their reasons as to why they dont.
    Well yeah! Actuallyl MK always seems to get these fun adventurous types of events. Epcot has the Spring Flower and Garden Festival, MK gets Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, MK gets Christmas parades and fireworks (yes I know DLR is too). But look at how long it took to get freakin' Halloween decorations in DL!!!

I think DCA one year got some wine tasting event but that only supported about 40 people? I am just guessing here! Look what happened shortly after DCA opened! Mondavi and Mr. Puck bailed on the park!

It just seems that DL was the FIRST and shold be the trend setter for all the other parks! I know the other parks have the more space and sometimes less draw of crowds but I am getting tired of hearing that DCA needs the revenue all the time! It is time we see more fun things at DL park! Create events that draws the crowds not just because there is some holiday coming up!

<jumps off soap box>

• "714"

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Well yeah! Actuallyl MK always seems to get these fun adventurous types of events. Epcot has the Spring Flower and Garden Festival, MK gets Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, MK gets Christmas parades and fireworks (yes I know DLR is too). But look at how long it took to get freakin' Halloween decorations in DL!!!

I think DCA one year got some wine tasting event but that only supported about 40 people? I am just guessing here! Look what happened shortly after DCA opened! Mondavi and Mr. Puck bailed on the park!

It just seems that DL was the FIRST and shold be the trend setter for all the other parks! I know the other parks have the more space and sometimes less draw of crowds but I am getting tired of hearing that DCA needs the revenue all the time! It is time we see more fun things at DL park! Create events that draws the crowds not just because there is some holiday coming up!

<jumps off soap box>
    ^ I know we are the OG in Cali! we should have the first dibs on events like that. I second this but again maybe DL does not have enough space (hello DCA!!?!?!?) OR they cant deal with the crowds it will bring. hmmm....

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I think, though, if they close MK early for an event - there's still 3 parks to go to.
    If they close DL early for an event, there's DCA... which closes at 6 p.m. so...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Closed Account

Well if they close Disneyland they should expand the hours for DCA so people can go there. Besides Jan-Feb-Mar is usually a slow period for DLR so this would be an excellent way to draw in the local crowd.

Also Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA wasn't sold out for the longest time. I believe it wasn't until about 2 weeks before the first night did all events sell out. It seems that the word got out but there wasn't any interest until the very last minute.

Maybe this requires a trip to WDW this Spring!!

It does sound kind of cool, but these events are much more hectic at a local's resort such as Disneyland. The traffic all arrives at once for the most part and makes it difficult to handle crowd controll. There is also the fact they would have to close THE park down early. At WDW, guests stay for a few days and there is less to do in each individual park. If the MK closes early, they can still get most of it done or come back to see the last few things on one of their other days. At DL, guests often commute and only visit for one day, making it impossible to come back the next day to catch up on the many attractions. I know if I went out there and found that DL was closing early I would be royally pissed. At WDW I wouldn't mind as much because of the othe options.