Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• For You!

BFJen's Disneyland Trip Report - Crowds, Aly & AJ, the Lilly Belle and Disney Studios

Well, I'll get started on this - sorry, it won't be complete until Monday when I get home (while at Disneyland we found out that my hubby's 97 year old grandfather passed away, so we had to detour home by way of Phoenix and Duncan, Arizona). I will add pictures when I get home.

DAY 1

We drove from Idaho Falls to Orem, Utah in a blizzard/hail/sleet/rain storm. That's about it.

DAY 2

We got up around 8 am and took off for Anaheim!!!! As we approached Barstow, CA, we kept seeing signs that I-15 was closed due to construction. We stopped and asked a few truckers if this was true - they said it's open, but about a 6-9 hour slowdown. So, we detoured almost to Bakersfield and then down the 5. We immediately went to Mimi's Cafe for a delicious Chinese Chicken Salad. Our trip was extended by about 2 hours - and we were starving!!

When we came out, the fireworks at Disneyland had started, so we sat and watched.

Off to the Anabella. I go to check in, only to find out that they put our arrival date in wrong in the computer. They were able to get us into another room (a family studio instead of the concierge suite) for the night. We were so hammered, we didn't care! (They did get us in the right room the next day).

DAY 3 - Saturday, November 11th.

Yes, we dared enter Disneyland on Veteran's Day. We were warned about the crowds.

The obligatory A.J. in the "A"

We headed down Main Street happy as could be - even with the crowds. When my 7 year old heard that Aly and AJ were performing, we had to stop! We were told that it would be just a few moments - for about an hour. But, they finally arrived! My kids managed to get up to the rope and Aly and AJ lip synched their little hearts outs. We jumped around and confiscated 2 beach balls as souveniers, and my kids were really wound up about being seen on TV.

Randy - the "few moments" guy

Aly and AJ

this lastest for about 5 minutes - Tyson then made his way to the front row.

After that, we "did" Tomorrowland - including getting a massive amount of VMK cards. We had already done the quests, so knew all the answers and turned it all in - with 13 people in our group. They were all patient, because when you do all the quests at once, you get 2 "free" fast passes.

Space Mountain was awesome - getting to hear my 5 year old yell out, "Yeah, Baby" during the whole ride was worth the price of admission.

Buzzzzzzzz

We went back to Main Street to purchase 12 corn dogs (yum!) - and tick off one lady in line (she was sure that we bought them all out), and we headed to the Tiki Room! From there we continued around the park.

the view from the Jungle Cruise queue

I thought of WatchYerHeadNstep -

I loved the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean! (we were there for the premiere, but the ride didn't open until the next day and we missed it). Also, HMH was so great! The lines were a little long, but doable. I think we only waited 30 minutes at the most. Plus, some churros and frozen lemonades really help the time pass.

Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetary (around the side)

The worst part of the day was dinner. We went to the Hungry Bear and ended up with a 1 hour and 30 minute wait. So ridiculous! My kids were crying they were so hungry. So, I talked to the "drink girl" and she got me their lunches right away. There was only 1 person working the counter and she was trying to make those stupid funnel cakes too - it took forever! Oh well.

Our first time rowing the canoes. Tyson didn't quite figure it out and ended up drenching the poor guy behind us.

I met up with Hollywood 1939 (aka Jack) and we hung out for a while - he even dared to go on IASW with my family! My kids loved him. And my grandma thought he was a sweet and good looking boy.

Love the hood Jack.

We watched the fireworks from the Plaza Inn and got the "good" snow - not the cold kind from Idaho. During which Jack came back with Clarabella! Oh my gosh - she is the nicest person! We all took off for Space Mountain again. Fun ride - I can't wait to post the cute picture! I still had extra Indy fastpasses - so I handed them off to Jack and Clarabella and we went over to Buzz.

Again, nice hood jack!

Space Mountain!

That was about it for the first day. I'm sure it will all be more interesting when I get pictures put in - thanks for reading this far!
    Last edited by BFJen; 11-22-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: BFJen's Disneyland Trip Report - Crowds, Aly & AJ, the Lilly Belle and Disney Stu

Fun report so far Jen, can't wait for the rest and for pics!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: BFJen's Disneyland Trip Report - Crowds, Aly & AJ, the Lilly Belle and Disney Stu

Great report Jen! Sorry to hear about your family's loss. I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

Awsome!! I can not wait for the pics to Jen we missed you!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I met up with Hollywood 1939 (aka Jack) and we hung out for a while - he even dared to go on IASW with my family! My kids loved him. And my grandma thought he was a sweet and good looking boy.
    . Your family was awesome and everyone was so nice. Next time you're here, you better call me!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

VMK cards and fastpass

Big Question...going to the park Sunday NIGHT and thus I'm sure ALL fastpasses will be gone by the time I get there...but I've heard a few people mention this VMK fastpass "quest" or whatever.

What is this?
    How does it work?
    Where do you get the cards, etc???

I really need my two free fastpasses and will do what it takes to get them!
    Help?

nb: trip sounds great - kudos for making thru the crowds!

• love my friends

great so far jen.. we have missed you

too bad you couldnt have come back thru vegas but i totally understand

Friends for life

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

CHinese Chicken Salads from Mimis are THE BEST!

Good GOSH! 12 hot dogs!!

You're adorable.. I will always remember you panting at the hub fresh from running all the way over from DCA! HA! CAn't wait to hear the rest of adventures!!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• I was deleted.

Great trip report BFJen!!! I'm glad you had fun and it's cute how VMK was one of your first stops, after Aly & AJ. Your kids are just like their momma!

See you in your trade too soon.

• Closed Account

Welcome back to California BFJen! So what pins did you get for your husband and does he have shelter, food, and water? Hope you didn't leave him!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post

We watched the fireworks from the Plaza Inn and got the "good" snow - not the cold kind from Idaho. During which Jack came back with Clarabella! Oh my gosh - she is the nicest person! We all took off for Space Mountain again. Fun ride - I can't wait to post the cute picture! I still had extra Indy fastpasses - so I handed them off to Jack and Clarabella and we went over to Buzz.
    Riding in the front with your son on Space Mountain was the highlight of my night there! You are so sweet to give me such a compliment. I thank you..You're family is the best! I had such a good time!

And what kid DOESN'T like Jack!

• Minion

Great report!
    Sounds like you had a great time.
    I feel sorry for that cm at the Hungry Bear, and terrible for all you waiting so long. It is a shame that this continues...
    How long would we last getting thrown into the fire like that!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    You're adorable.. I will always remember you panting at the hub fresh from running all the way over from DCA! HA! CAn't wait to hear the rest of adventures!!
    Same here. You were a delight. Only wish I got to spend more time with you, but Im glad I got to meet you! I cant wait to see the pictures!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• For You!

Okay, I'm finally home! Still don't have all the pictures - but I will start adding them tomorrow!

so, what you've all been waiting for

DAY 2! NOVEMBER 12, 2006

Sunday - I let the family sleep in a little because we were going to start the day at DCA! Using my Disney Visa - we got the free Meet and Greet and free 5x7 at Ariel's Grotto. I love this - my kids got 1 on 1 time with Mickey and Goofy (and Chip showed up at the end) and I got to take a whole bunch of pictures without a ton of other kids in the picture!

We circled the Pier and rode everything. I even went on the Orange Stinger for the 1st time - and liked it! I skipped Mullholland, just because I hate it.

AJ on Screamin' - Screaming.

After the kids got off it, I noticed that I only had 30 minutes until the meet!!! Ack! I told everyone that I had to go and took off, only to be stopped by my cell phone and told that I had all the kids tickets, and needed to give them back! Oops. So, now with only minutes to spare I took off running. Yes, I looked like a total geek running down Mainstreet! But it was worth it to be greeted at the hub by a Fish with a camera!

I was all sweaty and out of breath - but couldn't have been more excited. Everyone lived up to my expectations - and nobody was a disappointment. I already posted a few comments about the meet on Fishbulb's report - so I'll spare you the double report. I just wish that I could have spent more time with you guys! Next time - I promise. Anyway, I got to take bunches of pictures - my son was thrilled to play with Max and I just couldn't stop smiling! Mcow1 and his wife were so sweet - and Miss Violet! I was so surprised to see you there! Everyone else, just loved meeting you all.

Me 'n' Melonballer

Maxandbellesmom and Frecky

Fishbulb

Miss Violet

RedRoseAngel

Meet Newbies

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out will all 13 members of the family. We went back to DCA to watch Aladdin, ride Soarin', Visit Bug's Land and watch the High School Musical Pep Rally and the BPB Parade.

High School Musical - oh yeah, we're all in this together.

My cousin's 2 year old daughter - she is just way too cute.

The grandparents then took the little kids home and we went back to the Tower of Terror and the Pier. I got my cousin on the Sunwheel and the Maliboomer - it freaked him out, but he didn't puke - so I was happy. We went back to Disneyland to ride Space Mountain, but they were having maintenance issues, so we just bummed Main Street.

Mikey being oh so careful with his airsick bag!
    Last edited by BFJen; 11-22-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• love my friends

sounds like a fun time jen

Friends for life

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast