Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Re: Did anybody else take the tram around 5:30 last night (Nov 17)?

I think this is a case of "I forgot I was a kid once". At some point in our past, we were obnoxious. None of us were the perfect people we are today. Don't give up on the young. They will be perfect people some day and they will be annoyed at the young people.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfHearts View Post
    I think this is a case of "I forgot I was a kid once". At some point in our past, we were obnoxious.
    I completely agree with you. Kids are kids. When I take my kids to Disneyland they are super excited and want to run to the park as well. Just let it go and move on with your day.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I completely agree with you. Kids are kids. When I take my kids to Disneyland they are super excited and want to run to the park as well. Just let it go and move on with your day.
    Yup...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfHearts View Post
    I think this is a case of "I forgot I was a kid once". At some point in our past, we were obnoxious. None of us were the perfect people we are today. Don't give up on the young. They will be perfect people some day and they will be annoyed at the young people.
    Well said. I can remember watching my friends spit off the People Mover. I'm not happy about it now and never will be. It happens and you just have to accept that kids will be kids, and if they are having fun at somebody else's expense, that security will be there.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the question about this thread was to be about the group of kids last night that were a bit rowdy... then it got a little out of hand attacking a particular youth group of kids.. to bring it back on track, you are right kids are going get wild when unsupervised, shame on those parents who let their kids run wild in the park OR shame on the chaperons who were supposed to be taking care of those kids... and lets leave out any attacks towards particular groups of BOYS AND GIRLS that belong to any CLUB ....

Look at the way some adults act when left alone.... lets say overnight at a best buy, target, etc.... lol
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    poor or rich, kids are kids. kids are kids. now your saying our money is spend wrong because these kids are pain in the arses? Look, the cheerleaders are what I call obnoxious, but again all kids can and do become pains. I would not make assumptions of what group is the worst, and so forth, I have seen groups from all walks of like be just as bad.
    I donate to the local boys and girls club. I have seen these groups on various trips, and never seen them out of control. And I have been to Disneyland and seen obnoxious kids. I agree with the poster that often we forget what it was like to be a kid. Its too bad one group acting up spoils it for everyone. We always remind kids we travel with they represent their group.

Last Christmas, there were 2 teen boys kicking water (it had been raining) and getting each other (and everyone around them) soaked. They thought it was funny. But they were ticking off all the adults around them. ANd there were adults commenting about teen behavior, even though there were probably 30 teens in the area and only these 2 were causing an issue. After we entered the park, and these 2 were still at it, my oldest son approached them and laid into them for getting me wet, and telling them they were giving all teens a bad rap. The boys eyes got huge and they walked away quietly. I think a big part was they were just having fun and really had no clue how their actions were affecting everyone else. It was sad that because of 2 teens, all teens were being painted with the same brush. The same with another poster knocking a specific group. Its the reason I emphasize to our groups all it takes is one bad action, an dthat is all people will remember. They dont remember all the good, just the negative. The day it was raining, no one commented about the 30-50 teens that were waiting patiently and quietly, only about the 2 splashing.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I donate to the local boys and girls club. I have seen these groups on various trips, and never seen them out of control. And I have been to Disneyland and seen obnoxious kids. I agree with the poster that often we forget what it was like to be a kid. Its too bad one group acting up spoils it for everyone. We always remind kids we travel with they represent their group.
    Yep. I worked as a CIT (counselor in training) when I was 14 and 15, then as a counselor when I was 16, 17 and 19 at the YMCA. We went to many different amusement parks and were split up into our various groups. Theres bound to be a couple kids who get rowdy, as I said before, kids are kids. But 98% of the time, they were really well behaved. To target one child care group and say those kids are out of control is simply wrong.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    I still stand behind what I posted because it's what I saw first hand with my own eyes. Both sides of the story need to be out there.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
    There is three sides to every story!
    yours mine and the truth!!!!!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Last Christmas, there were 2 teen boys kicking water (it had been raining) and getting each other (and everyone around them) soaked. They thought it was funny. But they were ticking off all the adults around them. ANd there were adults commenting about teen behavior, even though there were probably 30 teens in the area and only these 2 were causing an issue. After we entered the park, and these 2 were still at it, my oldest son approached them and laid into them for getting me wet, and telling them they were giving all teens a bad rap. The boys eyes got huge and they walked away quietly. I think a big part was they were just having fun and really had no clue how their actions were affecting everyone else. It was sad that because of 2 teens, all teens were being painted with the same brush. The same with another poster knocking a specific group. Its the reason I emphasize to our groups all it takes is one bad action, an dthat is all people will remember. They dont remember all the good, just the negative. The day it was raining, no one commented about the 30-50 teens that were waiting patiently and quietly, only about the 2 splashing.
    I think Malcon10t makes a good point here...

It isn't so much that kids/teens will get out of control - that's pretty much a given, and as mentioned before, we were all obnoxious once. It's that most adults will stand around and complain to eachother, but few will actually say something to the offending kids themselves.

Kids learn limits through correction. And as this example illustrates, many of the obnoxious teens/kids we're so upset by are being that way unintentionally... they just haven't learned to expect that their behavior affects those around them.

And they're not going to know it unless someone lets them know.

So if you see a group disturbing the peace, as it were, perhaps you, we, the adults, should step up and politely but sternly inform them of the affects their behavior is having on those around them.

(Now, for the kids who respond badly to correction, that's another story)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Yep. I worked as a CIT (counselor in training) when I was 14 and 15, then as a counselor when I was 16, 17 and 19 at the YMCA. We went to many different amusement parks and were split up into our various groups. Theres bound to be a couple kids who get rowdy, as I said before, kids are kids. But 98% of the time, they were really well behaved. To target one child care group and say those kids are out of control is simply wrong.
    That's when the spitting incident occured, we were at the YMCA, we were old enough that we didn't need a counselor or CIT with us. It happens and they couldn't do much about it. I don't think our counselors or directors knew what happened. They just can't be controlling all the kids at once.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl View Post
    (And did anybody have the balls to trip any of them...)

Trip a kid for having fun? Maybe I never grew up, myself, but I don't get it.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I am a high school teacher and I can honestly say that most of the time teens have no idea they are ruining someone elses fun. Teens in general are very self focused and often don't even think about others around them. It is not an intentional thing it just happens every now and then. Most teens are great and the few that are not will have a rough time as adults no matter where they are.

As far as the kids the other night you should be upset with the chaperones who were supposed to be supervising those kids. Kids get excited and need a voice of reason to calm them down on occasion. Shame on the adults that did not do their jobs!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    I am a high school teacher and I can honestly say that most of the time teens have no idea they are ruining someone elses fun. Teens in general are very self focused and often don't even think about others around them. It is not an intentional thing it just happens every now and then. Most teens are great and the few that are not will have a rough time as adults no matter where they are.
    Not only that, but how could it even occur to them that youthful exuberance is something that would ruin someone else's fun? I didn't see anything in the description that said they were being a significant hazard. (Contrary to common PC opinion in schools these days, I don't believe that running is an ominous and disastrous activity in every instance.)

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

I completellly understand...theres a time and place, and I can understand your frustration but a group of kids who were bussed to DL are gonna have several problems... i know cause i went to the high school disney all night party which was and still is among the top 3 memories in my life.... IT WAS A BLASSSSTTTTTT!!!! i do remember chanting and shaking the buss like CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!! but you gotta remember we were on a bus for 8+ hours....we were gonna be with 2000+ high school seniors and we had an entire park to ourselves from 10pm-6am it was the best night period....

high school kids + bus + bus ride 6-9hours + no supervision = disaster....but god was it fun...next time just ignore em dont rain on their parade unless they are being really crude...chances are they will start heckling you and then your entire night is ruined...some kids just arent mature enough to be alone heh
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12