Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did anybody else take the tram around 5:30 last night (Nov 17)?

And see the huge group of the brattiest kids I've ever seen?!

I'd say there were at least 50 of them and around 11 or 12. As far as I could tell they had no supervision at all. First they ran from the Pinocchio lot (so I'm assuming they were bussed there) to the tram chanting and screaming the whole time. It honestly sounded like somebody was being murdered in the back of the tram. Then once the tram got to the park they got out and RAN through the crowds of people yelling "Disneyland, Disneyland". Luckily nobody got hurt. I didn't see security talk to any of them, since we decided to go to DCA to avoid them for a bit. Once we got to Disneyland we think they tuckered out because we didn't see any huge mass obnoxiousness like this.

What organization were they with?

(And did anybody have the balls to trip any of them...)

• "714"

Re: Did anybody else take the tram around 5:30 last night (Nov 17)?

Kids can be brats! when i was a teen i was never like that, all fliping out! But then again I did get crazy when it came to DL. Thats sucks you had to get away from them, I hate when people are like that, just bugging the crap out of you!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• no flash photography...

they may have just been very excited. Maybe they had never been before. IDK...sure I would probably be annoyed, but sometimes I just exercise patience....sometimes...

Thumbs down Re: Did anybody else take the tram around 5:30 last night (Nov 17)?

Not trying to be mean... but a lot of times when one of the "Boy's & Girl's Club of (whatever city)" comes to the park they are *REALLY* out of control. I'm not just talking about being excited, but actually out of control. Over 20 kids normally running and knocking over families in line, yelling bad words, taking down chains, having to call security on them, throwing food and trash all over the place, etc... the list goes on and on...

I saw it more than I can count on my hands working in attractions. I don't know what's wrong with that club or why they can't control their kids (almost every other school group/club/summer camp are fine and act good). Of course I can't say for sure if it was them last night; however, I just know how much hell they have caused in the past.

For all you people that donate to them... guess that's what you have to be proud about what your money is supporting. Sorry to say, but seeing all the chaos that club causes (at Disneyland) really put a bad taste in my mouth towards them.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 11-18-2006 at 10:10 AM.
    -Wes

Angry Re: Did anybody else take the tram around 5:30 last night (Nov 17)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Not trying to be mean... but a lot of times when one of the "Boys & Girls Club (of whatever city)" comes to the park they are *REALLY* out of control.

I saw it more than I can count working in attractions. I don't know what's wrong with that club or why they can't control their kids (almost every other school group or club are fine). Of course I can't say for sure if it was them... I just know how much hell they would cause in the past.

If that's where all the donations are going, what a huge waste of money!!
    I dont think it is fair to pick on one particular group, especially the boys and girls club of whatever. I have seen bratty kids out of control from many other groups. Bad Kids come in all forms of groups especially when they dont have proper supervision.
    I work for a club and i take offense to your whatever comments. I frequent the park and i have seen extremly rude obnoxious kids from all backgrounds high school groups, middle school groups, birthday groups, even groups of kids who are with parents. An outta control kid or group of kids wil always be a problem at disneyland when not properly supervised.

I was at the Taping of Hannah Montannah accross the street (last night) with my boys and girls club of whatever and i saw hundreds of kids who were out of their minds for this hannah montannah girl and parents who would do anything for their bratty kids. (pushing, shoving, yelling at security, it was horrible). But there were many kids totaly fine and patiently waiting... It comes down to parenting, or supervision !!

I was there with my group teaching them how to behave and having them wait at the end of this huge line. Yes my kids can get restless too, but they are never disrespectful out in the community. I always tell our kids before they leave the bus "you are representing the club" even if they are not wearing a shirt that identifies them as club members. I cannot speak for all clubs. I know there are some poorly managed clubs. But when you say "not to mean" then ripp on a club i will say something back. You never know who could be doing a great job and then you may swing a particular donor another way (disney) even on our little messege board here...

The point is i take offense when you generalize and point out one particular group. You may have had an unfavorable expieriance with a group from another club. But there a boy scouts, girls scouts, ymca, and multiple other groups out there that bring kids to disneyland. It all depends on who is taking them. For you to say other school groups are fine... what a joke that is.

And for your information, i have been working there 15 years. Disney has only donated tickets to the club once. So as far as wasted donations goes....
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

I still stand behind what I posted because it's what I saw first hand with my own eyes. Both sides of the story need to be out there.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
    -Wes

(almost every other school group/club/summer camp are fine and act good)

For all you people that donate to them... guess that's what you have to be proud about what your money is supporting. Sorry to say, but seeing all the chaos that club causes (at Disneyland) really put a bad taste in my mouth towards them.
    WHAT CLUB ARE YOU REFERRING TO ! YOU KNOW IT WAS A CLUB, AND THEY USUALLY PUT THEIR NAME ON THE T-Shirts.

so if you work at the park, you are saying there have never been problems with other youth groups???

Clubs are run independently
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

****REMINDER****

Lets keep it friendly around here guys... "Attack the post, not the poster." I forsee some heated comments getting started here and we don't want to have to move this to the litter box....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    ****REMINDER****

Lets keep it friendly around here guys... "Attack the post, not the poster." I forsee some heated comments getting started here and we don't want to have to move this to the litter box....

that might be a good idea

• Minion

I agree that it isn't one specific group of kids. I have the self-control not to be obnoxious because you never know who's experience you are ruining when you act out of control.
    The daydream princess

Quote Originally Posted by roxystar68 View Post
    I agree that it isn't one specific group of kids. I have the self-control not to be obnoxious because you never know who's experience you are ruining when you act out of control.
    I agree and like i said there was a group of kids at the convention center last night... It could have been those bratty kids came from that concert accross the street... One security staff said that there were 4000 kids there yesterday and from all types of youth organization... so lets not generalize

• Banned User

[quote=Wesley815;1122178]Not trying to be mean... but a lot of times when one of the "Boy's & Girl's Club of (whatever city)" comes to the park they are *REALLY* out of control. I'm not just talking about being excited, but actually out of control. Over 20 kids normally running and knocking over families in line, yelling bad words, taking down chains, having to call security on them, throwing food and trash all over the place, etc... the list goes on and on...

I saw it more than I can count on my hands working in attractions. I don't know what's wrong with that club or why they can't control their kids (almost every other school group/club/summer camp are fine and act good). Of course I can't say for sure if it was them last night; however, I just know how much hell they have caused in the past.

For all you people that donate to them... guess that's what you have to be proud about what your money is supporting. Sorry to say, but seeing all the chaos that club causes (at Disneyland) really put a bad taste in my mouth towards them.[/quote]

poor or rich, kids are kids. kids are kids. now your saying our money is spend wrong because these kids are pain in the arses? Look, the cheerleaders are what I call obnoxious, but again all kids can, and do become pains. I would not make assumptions of what group is the worst, and so forth, I have seen groups from all walks of like be just as bad.
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 11-18-2006 at 03:04 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Of course I can't say for sure if it was them last night; however, I just know how much hell they have caused in the past.
    If you can't say for sure, then don't say anything.
    A signature should go here.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

oops
    Last edited by Wendygirl; 11-18-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: wrong thread

• Still lost in Neverland

Let's also remember to follow Mice Chat's rules as well. No swearing around here we do have children present.

All kids can get exited if it's their first trip to Disneyland, but being loud and obnxious and knocking people over and pushing and shoving, etc. is not good form either. Parents and/or Guardians sometimes just don't pay attention to what the kids are doing. I would be surprised if Security didn't step in at some point while you were at DCA and put a stop to it. Sorry for your "Close Encounter" but it happens and I guess we just have to put up with it, they are not our kids and we get in trouble if we so much as tell them to quiet down or behave.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast