Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Would you guys clone Dinosaurs from Animal Kingdom? If so what would you change?

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Would you guys clone Dinosaurs from Animal Kingdom? If so what would you change?
    Well as for me and working on that ride I would say that they worked all the time, that they had more movement, and that some times the sound would be off so fix that.... And so see more Dinos.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    Well as for me and working on that ride I would say that they worked all the time, that they had more movement, and that some times the sound would be off so fix that.... And so see more Dinos.
    Are you talking about the ride like Indy at Animal Kingdom in Florida or are you talking about Kingdom of the Dinosaurs at Knotts?

• All you need is LOVE

Knotts...

Sorry

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    Knotts...
    Ok but what would you think about Disney cloning Dinosaur from WDW's Animal Kingdom to DCA? If you like that idea what would you change about it?

Dinosoars don't really fit the theme of DCA at all (no offense)

mammoths sorta do I suppose they're more but even then I'd say no

as for cloning Dinosoar from AK I'm going to point out the ride uses the same track layout as Indy and that would need to change (even then the ride isn't as themed I've heard)

I'd rather get something more origional

this thread really is more about Knotts

I never went to Knotts really I'm not a coaster fan and before that my dad just wouldn't take us something about his dad telling him when he was little that theowners of Knotts were racist

• Minion

As someone already pointed out, the La Brea Tar Pits provide a good entry point for a DCA dinosaur attraction to fit in perfectly with the California theme. For more on California dinosaurs, including remains found in Shasta County, see this article:

http://www.sierracollege.edu/museum/caldino1.html

Personally, I would love to see DCA become more focused on representing historic periods of the California adventure, and I'd like to see the GRR area focus on geologic history, and this would be a great home for a Dino themed attraction. I once suggested using Condor Flats to help this theme, and having a new film created for a little attraction I call DinoSaurin' Over California, where you fly over the California of the Mesozoic era.

Otherwise, you could retheme the playground to California's Pinnacles, a geologic formation that has traveled from the LA Basin to Central California, and make a cave queue into a fossil expedition, etc... I agree, AK's Dinosaur would be redundant so close to Indy, but the Dino theme could be great for DCA.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Who would love to see a new attraction for DCA that resembles the theme of the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs from Knotts, Disney style? What kind of attraction should it be and why? They could market this as the tar pits we have in LA.

Btw RIP Kingdom of the Dinosaurs you were a awesome ride.
    THEY TOOK OUT KINGDOM OF DINOSAURS?

Sorry. Off topic.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Official Mice Chat person

Hey guys, do you remember that plan for Discovery bay around the rivers of america? Well... I have an idea. That plan was meant to be themed to Sanfanciso! What if they built Discovery bay at DCA since it has to do with california, there was even plans for a China town section of the land. So it fits perfect... but anyways... In Discovery bay there was going to be rides themed to submarines, inventions, and time machines. They could tie in this Dinosaur ride with Time Travel at discovery bay. Now That would be cool! It would only have dinosaurs that were actually ever in California.

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    As someone already pointed out, the La Brea Tar Pits provide a good entry point for a DCA dinosaur attraction to fit in perfectly with the California theme. For more on California dinosaurs, including remains found in Shasta County, see this article:

http://www.sierracollege.edu/museum/caldino1.html

Personally, I would love to see DCA become more focused on representing historic periods of the California adventure, and I'd like to see the GRR area focus on geologic history, and this would be a great home for a Dino themed attraction. I once suggested using Condor Flats to help this theme, and having a new film created for a little attraction I call DinoSaurin' Over California, where you fly over the California of the Mesozoic era.

Otherwise, you could retheme the playground to California's Pinnacles, a geologic formation that has traveled from the LA Basin to Central California, and make a cave queue into a fossil expedition, etc... I agree, AK's Dinosaur would be redundant so close to Indy, but the Dino theme could be great for DCA.

I'm aware of the tar pits I just don't think it's necissarily a theme I think fits very well

I would however like a historical district added onto DCA just not really something that's prehistorical

from what I've understood not all fossils are found neccisarily were the dinosoars may have lived

I do think Mammoths are very Californian but that's still not something I'd see

but then again everyone has what they like and dislike I suppose

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Hey guys, do you remember that plan for Discovery bay around the rivers of america? Well... I have an idea. That plan was meant to be themed to Sanfanciso! What if they built Discovery bay at DCA since it has to do with california, there was even plans for a China town section of the land. So it fits perfect... but anyways... In Discovery bay there was going to be rides themed to submarines, inventions, and time machines. They could tie in this Dinosaur ride with Time Travel at discovery bay. Now That would be cool! It would only have dinosaurs that were actually ever in California.
    Yeah, I've supported that idea for a while. Of course, I think you could even split the concept into the Barbary Coast SF idea for DCA, and the Verne/exploration aspect for a Discovery Bay expansion of Frontierland. You could easily put dinosaurs in either.

Of course... Primeval World was a World's Fair idea, and Epcot Center has Universe of Energy... how about putting a time machine in Tomorrowland and connecting it to PW? In that context, dinosaurs can be futuristic. AND, you accomplish what DRR does on Splash Mtn, or PeopleMover did throughout Tomorrowland -- using design synergy to put two attractions in one space and let the sum be greater than its parts.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Official Mice Chat person

I've actually drawn up concept art for a time machine that invloved Dinosaurs, specifically to replace innoventions at TL. (I plan on being an imagineer) So it's funny that you'd mention that.

I just think that a Dinosaur ride would add something to DCA that's missing. DCA needs 'some' fantasy. It needs a land that is dedicated to the past. Discovery bay or Barbary Coast SF area would add a lot to DCA. IMHO

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I'm aware of the tar pits I just don't think it's necissarily a theme I think fits very well

I would however like a historical district added onto DCA just not really something that's prehistorical

from what I've understood not all fossils are found neccisarily were the dinosoars may have lived

I do think Mammoths are very Californian but that's still not something I'd see

but then again everyone has what they like and dislike I suppose
    It most certainly is more californian themed then Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, and Muppets.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    THEY TOOK OUT KINGDOM OF DINOSAURS?

Sorry. Off topic.
    Yes they did.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    As someone already pointed out, the La Brea Tar Pits provide a good entry point for a DCA dinosaur attraction to fit in perfectly with the California theme.
    I agree. I think that the La Brea Tar pits are a natural lead in to this at DCA. This fits much better than Monsters, Inc. I know as a kid looking at the LBP that it would be a blast to travel back in time to see them alive. The Dinosour ride at DAK does some of that. I just wish it was more exciting. Indy at DL has the same ride system, but is much more thrilling. I think we can do Dinosours better, maybe learning what went right at Knotts and build on it.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast