Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Look not into the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Ok but what would you think about Disney cloning Dinosaur from WDW's Animal Kingdom to DCA? If you like that idea what would you change about it?
    I have to say I went on this ride last month at WDW and was SO unimpressed.

It's a perfect example of the same ride system (even track layout), different theming, and one is great and the other just completely misses the mark.

Really shows how much theming plays a part doesn't it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mara

It's a perfect example of the same ride system (even track layout), different theming, and one is great and the other just completely misses the mark.

I heard it was awesome before they toned down that ride. Maybe since they fixed our Indy maybe they will fix theirs?

• Minion

I heard it was awesome before they toned down that ride. Maybe since they fixed our Indy maybe they will fix theirs?
    I don't know when they would have toned it down. When I was there in 2003, I had to take off my glasses, we were flying around so much. I haven't had to do that on Indy in ages.

I thought it was a pretty good ride. Of course, while on the ride, I knew it was basically the Indy car but had no idea it was an identical layout, etc. I just remember wishing I had done lasik so I could actually see what was going on better.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

I didn't like Kindom of the Dinosours. I liked it better when it used to be Knotts Berry Tales. I can smell the Boysenberry Jam now

Why a Dinosaur ride when you could have something "INCREDIBLE"?

Provided that this proposed Pixar-related project gets a greenlight soon, Disneyland guests could be riding "The Incredibles"as early as late 2007 / early 2008 over at DCA.

This new E-Ticket that's currently in the works for Disney's California Adventure will be everything that "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" was not. Meaning that it won't be a clone. It's been a one-of-a-kind original that -- through clever use of large screen projection and synchronized movement of specialized ride vehicles -- will make it seem as if you've actually entered the world of "The Incredibles." That you're racing alongside Dash, that you're able to infiltrate a secret fortress as steathily as Elastigirl and/or able to help Mr. Incredible as he & his family go toe-to-toe with new super villains.

"And just how is Disney going to do this?," you ask. Follow this link
    and watch the videos:

http://archiv.kuka-roboter.de/roboco...sh/index2.html

This is the ride system that Disney is reportedly considering for its "Incredibles" E-Ticket. And I think that -- if you watch the Robocoaster demo videos -- you'll immediately see how it would be possible to base a truly incredible "Incredibles" attraction on this unique new ride system.

• Official Mice Chat person

That robo-coaster sure looks awsome! What the imagineers could do is attatch the base of that thing to a rolloercoaster track and make it an actual "rollercoaster", a rollercoaster that litterally goes every which direction. Or would the incredibles ride be stationary like in the videos?

• Minion

Well... for one thing, unlike Dinosaurs, the Incredibles has no tie to California.

For another, this actually looks like a terrible attraction for a Disney park. It will have to have some pretty strict height requirements, taking away the notion of being a family ride. That, or the concept will have to be so watered down that it basically clones the Indy technology anyway. The same argument goes for capacity. To build any form of the Robocoaster would take a huge area for just a few seats, or limit the motion so much that it won't be much different from other things we have.

Honestly, I don't think this is good for DCA. No matter how fancy the seats, attractions where you sit and watch a film have a much shorter shelflife, since people watch hours of filmed entertainment every day, and DCA just has too many films already.What DCA doesn't havem and what it needs desperately, is an immersive E ticket dark ride.

Something like a Dinosaur attraction, which we should go back to discussing, since that's the actual topic.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

It most certainly is more californian themed then Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, and Muppets.
    and those are all pretty much things I stand against

Bugs Life - if I liked this I wouldn't have made this post (http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1041)

Monsters Inc - I still hope for a good tie in or SOMETHING

Muppets - ok I don't really like the muppets and I kinda see them as has beens. however they technicaly do match the Hollywood theme not just because thats were they're made but they're like talk show hosts or like those shows stars appear on to be interviewd or mocked Muppets are very hollywood esque even if the movie doesn't throw that in your face (but I don't want more muppets no MORE)

• Banned User

I frankly hate pixar rides at this point since they are just drenching us in pixar at the moment. I want something that doesn't have a shelf life of 2 years thank you very much.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Mara

I agree with you. It really did not impress me either, especially since I had already been on Indy so many times. I do believe that it could be improved if it was done at DCA. The only time I believe Disney should clone a ride is when they could do it BETTER the next time. Dinosaur at WDW could be improved a lot!!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Dinosaur rides are passe'. If you want something "California" in DCA then they need to drop "Mission Space" in there and tout the history of the space program in California. Personally I believe in 10 years the word "California" will be removed from DCA as they get away from the California theme all together. They really need to balance the Pixar out and add some "Disney" themed stuff over there. I doubt you will see Disney add an E-ticket to Disneyland/DCA that isn't a tie-in to something Disney. An original ride like "Mission Space" will never debut out here and they will never make a dinosaur ride. In case you don't remember their Dinosaur movie flopped ( even though I liked it )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlienz
    Dinosaur rides are passe'. If you want something "California" in DCA then they need to drop "Mission Space" in there and tout the history of the space program in California. Personally I believe in 10 years the word "California" will be removed from DCA as they get away from the California theme all together. They really need to balance the Pixar out and add some "Disney" themed stuff over there. I doubt you will see Disney add an E-ticket to Disneyland/DCA that isn't a tie-in to something Disney. An original ride like "Mission Space" will never debut out here and they will never make a dinosaur ride. In case you don't remember their Dinosaur movie flopped ( even though I liked it )
    1) I sincerely doubt that Disney would ever drop "California" from DCA. Since many of their offerings and additions have so little to do with the theme anyway, if they were ever going to change it, it would have been in the park's infancy. Witness the change from EuroDisney to Disneyland Paris in just over two years. Surely, with the 50th Anniversary hoopla going on, any change would have happened before 5/5. Besides, even in the case of DLP, it was really just one in a series of tweaks to appeal to the audience. Even though much of DCA has little to do with California, many do, including the signature attraction, Soarin' Over California, the park's only home run attraction.

2) Mission:SPACE is actually not that spectacular. And besides, people that were really that interested in the ride have already been on it in Florida. It basically boils down to the same kind of "sit in a seat and watch a film" attraction, which DCA has too many of already. Only the film is really lack-luster. It's little more than the old Gravitron rides you can find the same place you can find most of DCA's attractions -- a carnival. It takes up a LARGE footprint besides.

3) If Disney is ever going to learn from its mistakes, one of the most important lessons is that rides like Pooh aren't going to cut it, but rides like Expedition Everest actually benefit from the lack of a tie-in. And that lack of a tie-in will actually make them more versatile for cloning. Look at the success TDS had in adapting the Test Track vehicles. If you spend the money on R&D, you can develop an amazing new vehicle, and use it to tell an amazing new story for each park, giving locals a reason to go, and attracting tourists as well.

4) Dinosaurs passe? Nope. Dinosaurs have been popular for, what, a century now? Yes, they aren't necessarily a top-selling trend right now. But do we want a trendy park? One where the rides are stale after just a year or two? Or do we want Disney to start SETTING trends again. Disneyland was built on the notion of leadership in innovation. Why settle for anything less?

-- Walt Disney

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    They got rid of it!!! wow, where have I been. That sucks....I'm going to miss the dinosaurs....but that ride did start going downhill when they separated the little cars into trains and they had to stop and re-start the ride about three times. DCA should totally do something! where they would put it i have no clue...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    They got rid of it!!! wow, where have I been. That sucks....I'm going to miss the dinosaurs....but that ride did start going downhill when they separated the little cars into trains and they had to stop and re-start the ride about three times. DCA should totally do something! where they would put it i have no clue...
    Well, that's another advantage of the Knott's version. Okay, I actually never liked it so I am going by my memories of Knott's Beary Tales, but still... if memory serves, that ride was built entirely on the second story. That's an approach Disney could take more often. Imagine making a special exhibit in the Animation building on the blending of film and animation, featuring the effects behind the film Dinosaurs. Then, at the end of the exhibit, have a setup like HM where the vehicle takes you up one story, or have a ramp and ADA-compliant elevator take you up to a ride built strictly one one floor... It's a great use of space for the park, it's design synergy that would benefit both attractions, and it could just be darn fun.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, that's another advantage of the Knott's version. Okay, I actually never liked it so I am going by my memories of Knott's Beary Tales, but still... if memory serves, that ride was built entirely on the second story. That's an approach Disney could take more often. Imagine making a special exhibit in the Animation building on the blending of film and animation, featuring the effects behind the film Dinosaurs. Then, at the end of the exhibit, have a setup like HM where the vehicle takes you up one story, or have a ramp and ADA-compliant elevator take you up to a ride built strictly one one floor... It's a great use of space for the park, it's design synergy that would benefit both attractions, and it could just be darn fun.
    That is why I think ATIS is an awesome fit for the Innoventions building. The ride could go on multiple levels and be a long ride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast