Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What silly things have you done in a Disney-haze?

One time, I accidentally wandered into Innoventions.... I didn't know.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I took my daughter to disneyland for her 6th birthday 3 weeks ago and skipped through tomorrowland with her. It wasnt busy at all, so its not like we were crashing into people.
    ive also spent way too much money.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I'm very tall so in the indy line when the ceiling came down I reached up and braced my hands on the ceiling and yelled "RUN, I'll hold it, save yourselves" Some people laughed, others just looked at me funny.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

One day in Critter Country, a group of college students were rushing by me when one of them pointed at me and said really loudly, "I know you!" I shouted back, "I don't recall walking with you once upon a dream!" Strange thing is I don't think he got the joke.

Another time on Haunted Mansion, there were a bunch of idiot girls screaming nonstop all the way from the beginning of the ride to Madame Leota's room. When we hit Madame Leota's room, the ride stopped for a few minutes. Right on cue, I shouted at their doom buggies, "Now look what you did! You broke it!" They shut up after that.

One day in Star Trader, I was wearing a crown, and one of the CM's there said, "I know who you must be! You're the Evil Queen!" I was more interested in checking what pins he had to trade, so I royally commanded, "Showeth me thine lanyard!" Then we got in a discussion about wookies and how to pronounce Aayla Secura's name.

A year before the above incident, I actually got into a personality contest with the Evil Queen when I was having my picture taken with her. It started with me saying, "It's a beautiful day to be gorgeous, isn't it, dahling?" and we just kind of went from there.

I've also taken a Mint Juleppe on Mulholland Madness. Never do that.

Other than that, almost everything I do at Disneyland would probably be considered silly.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

A winner is you!
    Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    I'm very tall so in the indy line when the ceiling came down I reached up and braced my hands on the ceiling and yelled "RUN, I'll hold it, save yourselves" Some people laughed, others just looked at me funny.
    That's fantastic.

And so is this...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    A year before the above incident, I actually got into a personality contest with the Evil Queen when I was having my picture taken with her. It started with me saying, "It's a beautiful day to be gorgeous, isn't it, dahling?" and we just kind of went from there.

I've also taken a Mint Juleppe on Mulholland Madness. Never do that.

Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• my two sunshines

I didn't realize I was doing it and my kids told me to SNAP out of it! We were walking down main street - I always seem to walk much faster than my kids, but this time I was dancing - you know like In Hello Dolly down the street.

And at the Hunchback Festival show (many moons ago) I would always sing and speak the parts but this time (after I gave up our seats in the front row to some little kids - yes I'm one of those adults who will allow small children to sit in front of me and I go farther back) I was singing and speaking way too loud - never occured to me

My kids never let me forgot it <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedhoilday View Post
    started freak dancing in the tiki room when the build up starts happening before the thunder. that was really fun (must of been the dole whips)
    I feel like I'm the only one in the Tiki Room who sings and stands for the standing ovation and stuff like that. Micechatters should get a group together and have a fun show where we can get into it and not be the only one. Sometimes I get annoyed when all the adults just sit there b/c it's got a/c or just sit there to wait while their children sing and enjoy the birds, plants, and tikis.

• I'm Flying High

This story does not take place in Disneyland, but in the El Capitan Theater. The organist was playing the intro to the Haunted Mansion when you're in the stretching room so I projected my voice as loud as I could and said, "Welcome, foolish mortals...to the Haunted Mansion!!!" I continued the entire spiel and people were staring at me. My friend was pretty much hiding!
    The daydream princess

Here is my stupidest thing everr. i had a lot of friends who worked there and my best friend and i would always talk to them. So one day like a manager saw us and he kept watching us so we went away for a little while and the manager told my friend if we came back we would get kicked out. so we went back of course cuz hes our friend hahaha and the manager started coming over and we just ran like forever!! ive done alot of other stupid things at disneyland.

• Oh my Goodness!

My gosh I could write a book about silly Disney moments....Let's see...some of the highlights:

- Last January my I went to DL w/ my sis, her boyfriend and her roomate. All three are very reserved people and don't like attention. I got in the gates first and while i was waiting for them the band was playing and goofy and Pluto were dancing around and so I started dancing around too. Pretty soon the three of us had a crowd around us as we danced together. And then got a round of applause when we stopped. Other guests thought I was a CM planted to dance w/ the characters. LOL It was a blast. I totally embarrassed my sis's friends (she's used to it by now...)

- For the sake of a special scrapbook project my friend Chuana and I secretly followed a group of our friends around all day and took pictures. But in the quest not to be seen by them we did some pretty crazy things: Like hiding in bushes, crawling around the exit to Peter Pan, asking strangers to take pictures of our friends as they went by on Alice, jumping over small children, running and diving behind planters on the hot hot ground (i have a scar on my knee) It was a blast

- For this same project we were getting photos and autographs of as many characters as we could. We ran in to our fav. chipmunks, Chip and Dale. When asked for an autograph they made faces like they were thinking about it....and Chuana said "we'll do anything, we'll even get on our knees and BEG." Both chipmonks looked at each other and pointed to the ground. So...there Chauna and I were on our knees in front of two giant chipmonks....it was....unique.

There is a much longer list...i just don't have the time to go into them all. LOL YAY for crazy disney moments!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, when DCA opened, my ol' friend James and I rode Grizzy River Run 4 times in a row. Mind you, it was like March - and 11:30pm. Suffice to say, there WAS no line since it was so chilly out. We just stayed on - they didn't make us get off. We rode with a few people from Alaska who thought our 50 something degree weather was WONDERFULLY warm.

Anyway, that was sort of crazy. I think I ended up with a sore throat that weekend.

• Former Cast Member

Sit on the train and go around the park for 3 hours w/o leaving the train.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Sit on the train and go around the park for 3 hours w/o leaving the train.
    Done that too!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

One time when I was in high school I went up to a guy selling churros and I said, "Tiene churros y chocolates?"

The guy looked at me like I was crazy, but I was rolling with laughter on the inside, because Churros y Chocolates was the name of my Spanish text in High School. For some weird reason, I just thought it was hilarious.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    One time when I was in high school I went up to a guy selling churros and I said, "Tiene churros y chocolates?"

The guy looked at me like I was crazy, but I was rolling with laughter on the inside, because Churros y Chocolates was the name of my Spanish text in High School. For some weird reason, I just thought it was hilarious.
    I don't know why either, but I'm laughing too.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast