Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What silly things have you done in a Disney-haze?

I cry like a little baby everytime I watch the fireworks. Especially when I see young kids being held up by their parents watching it with total amazement. It makes me melt every time. Very lame, i know!

• Professional Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateheatther View Post
    I cry like a little baby everytime I watch the fireworks. Especially when I see young kids being held up by their parents watching it with total amazement. It makes me melt every time. Very lame, i know!
    That reminds me. I cried while watching the Remember... fireworks show. I almost cry every time I listen to the soundtrack to it now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by StuckatDeadend View Post
    I pole-danced in the Indy que when no one was around.
    Excellent.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    OK I don't know how silly but tigger loved it. When we were standing in line one day for a photo of the grandkids with tigger the crowd was ugly. You know what I mean, the ones that are mad that it is not going faster, not cooler, the kids are not smiling enough, you get the picture. As we got closer to tigger and the young lady helping tigger we saw that tigger and her were playing a game of charades. Tigger would act out a character and the CM would say who it was. When it was our turn to have the kids picture taken I asked if I could play charades. Tigger nodded yes so I did this...I put out my hand, dropped money in it, stuffed my hand in my pocket, then put it out again. I asked Tigger and the CM who I was...they both tilted their heads and shook their heads and had no idea. I said...Mr. Eisner....tigger about laughed him/herself out of the costume, and the poor CM was laughing so hard she had tears coming down her face. As we finished the pictures Tigger hugged me and whispered "thanks I needed that laugh". The picture came out great!
    That is frickin hillarious!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Booked and paid for a Disney Cruise Line cruise. It'll be a couple years till we throw down for that experience again. Worth every penny though.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    That is frickin hillarious!
    I talked to the CM while they were taking the pictures and she told me they had all been at a meeting of some sort and MR. E. had called the costumed CM's hired monkeys in animal suits, or something close to that. So my comment really hit home.

Even at my old age I think walking in and seeing kids see Mickey, or any of the characters, for that first time is worth every penny of admission. And you have to love Tigger!

• That's interesting.....

Ok, I got another. About 2 years ago, my friends and I met a really cute CM at the Winnie the Pooh ride. We took a pic with him but it accidentaly got deleted, so we remembered his name, and hoped to find him again on one of our next visits (I am not a stalker, but my friends are ). Even though we remembered his name, we always seemed to always refer to him as, "The Hot Pooh Guy." So anyway, when I went in August, I saw a familiar face working at the Pirates que, so I got a little closer so I could read his name tag. It was him. I was already pretty hyper to begin with, and when I saw his name tag, I said outloud, "It's the Pooh Guy!" loud enough that he glanced up at me. Embaressed, I quietly went into the que, hoping he didn't notice that I was hiding behind my taller friends.

edited cause I forgot a word.
    Last edited by StuckatDeadend; 11-26-2006 at 03:45 PM.

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

It actually happened just recently, and I wouldn't call it quite silly at all, but here it is.

When we were going on ToT and the mane at the front desk asked how many in my party, I said "We have a reservation for 3". And I said the same thing when we were lining up for the elevators, and both times the CM just smirked at me

Another time was during Autopia, I was the first person to go back and get out and exit, and they were having some trouble or something, but the CM told me to stop, so I stopped and waited, but kept just tapping the acceleration pedal, and I got a couple feet, and the CM goes "Sir, I'm going to need to see your license." So I reached in my wallet and pulled out my Autopia license, showed it to him, and he got on his little walkie-talkie and was talking about how he had some rule breaking minor (I'm 15). And what's cool is that he was really talking on his radio. But after he was done, he gave it back to me and let me go ahead and pull back in. It was pretty cool.
    The last time was when I was on HM and the guy was pushing down the safety bar, he was doing his little scary hand movement, and I just stared at him, and as it went down, I yelled "Boo!" at him, just because lol, and he actually jumped, which was pretty funny. But he quickly resumed his mood which was pretty cool.

During the summer, I work at a Boy Scout Camp and this was right after the 50th started. I also managed to finally receive the History of Music in Disneyland 6-disc set. My friends were giving me a hard time about listening to Disneyland. One of the running jokes was that I "frolicked to "it's a small world"". So one day when i was feeling kinda random, and i decide to listen to "it's a small world". I turned up the volume, jumped out of my tent and started doing this wierd skipping-jig-thing. My buddies just started cracking up! And then i decided to never do that again........

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    ...When we were going on ToT and the mane at the front desk asked how many in my party, I said "We have a reservation for 3". And I said the same thing when we were lining up for the elevators, and both times the CM just smirked at me

Another time was during Autopia, I was the first person to go back and get out and exit...and the CM goes "Sir, I'm going to need to see your license." So I reached in my wallet and pulled out my Autopia license, showed it to him, and he got on his little walkie-talkie and was talking about how he had some rule breaking minor (I'm 15)...The last time was when I was on HM and the guy was pushing down the safety bar, he was doing his little scary hand movement, and I just stared at him, and as it went down, I yelled "Boo!" at him, just because lol, and he actually jumped, which was pretty funny. But he quickly resumed his mood which was pretty cool.
    LOL I love the sound of the Autopia CM story ... but I don't quite understand it.
    You scare HM CMs? That's funny ^_^
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Let's get dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    One day in Critter Country, a group of college students were rushing by me when one of them pointed at me and said really loudly, "I know you!" I shouted back, "I don't recall walking with you once upon a dream!" Strange thing is I don't think he got the joke.

Another time on Haunted Mansion, there were a bunch of idiot girls screaming nonstop all the way from the beginning of the ride to Madame Leota's room. When we hit Madame Leota's room, the ride stopped for a few minutes. Right on cue, I shouted at their doom buggies, "Now look what you did! You broke it!" They shut up after that.
    I love both of those stories! Why can't I ever run into people like you when I'm there?

Last year during Early Entry, me and my brother BOLTED over to Space Mountain, and ended up being the first two people in line. (after being told right when we got there not to run.) We decided to go for the front car, and it was surprisingly rough as far as front cars go.

In October, me and my brother jumped into the back of the CHP car on Mulholland Madness, and there was one person in the front, not two. We joked that we had been arrested.

Recently, I've liked waving to ride vehicles ahead of my own. Examples being a boat in Splash Mountain right before the very first drop, and before various drops on the Grizzly Rapids. I'm very easily entertained, I know, but something makes me laugh about waving to the people ahead of us before they drop down on Splash.

• I've got the Disney fever

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Not all moments of "Disney Haze" occur in Disnleyland.

Several years ago, a few of my friends, one of which is
    a big Snow White fan, went to a movie theater to watch
    Snow White. Not too many people were in the theater.
    When the Dwarfs started playing their musical instruments
    and dancing with Snow, I couldn't help but notice that
    Snow's fan was nearly bouncing in her seat in time with
    the music, and my foot had started going in time with the
    music, SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I figured, what the heck, grabbed her hand, told her to
    get up, took her to the aisle and we started celebrating,
    by dancing, while Snow and the Dwarfs were dancing on
    screen!!!!!!!! They don't even have THAT MUCH FUN
    at the El Capitan during the preshow!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA
    TOO CUTE!!! I would've done the same thing!!!

• some imagination huh?

Good place for a first post... my story isn't nearly as entertaining as some of the others, but I've done a couple of silly things... most involving my friends. One night i grabbed a plastic fork from a restaurant, and sat on the little shell infront of Ariels grotto in DL, posing for a picture complete with my two feet out as fins..

A few weeks after that I convinced a friend of mine to give Ariel a plastic fork with the words: To: Ariel Love: Eri-friends name-
    she laughed and pulled out her other "dinglehopper" and said happily "now I have two!" before she ran both of them through her hair laughing insanely.
    The same day my friend asked Belle to marry him, she said she had the Beast and he replied he didn't mind pets. Best part is I have photographic evidence of this =|

We also have a strange tradition of skipping down the hill from Splash Mountain while yelling out the theme song to Indiana Jones.

Ok, I'm insane...

• Can't Wait To Go!

When the shuttle came to pick us up from LAX, the driver asked us where we were going, and I excitedly said "DISNEYLAND!"

However, he wanted to know which hotel to take us to...
    "Maybe because Godzilla is inside each one of us."
    - Godzilla 2000, the Movie

• n/a

I posted this before, but I think on a different topic. I was driving home to Bakersfield in a work truck going over the Grapevine. I was listening to my DL CD and Star Tours came on. When Rex yelled "Lightspeed to Endor" I did... OOPS
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast