I felt this should have its own thread about putting a train station in train station in Critter Country from New Orleans Square to ease CC's dead-end. Now I think this is possible. Redoing the entire Hungry Bear so the station is on the second floor and the restuarant on the first floor near the Rivers of America, plus a water station for the trains. My concern was what to do with NOS train station. Here's what I have in mind:
1) In the area between the station, main walkway, Cafe Orleans, and Haunted Mansion (I think it's a little courtyard with a statue and fountain??) convert to a small in-the-round stage (ala Festival of Fools) and perform "Topsy-Turvy" (a mini-version of that " Festival of Fools" Hunchback show. It's just focused on Topsy-Turvy with no Quasimodo, Gargoyles, Phoebus and Frodo. Clopin and Esmeralda are the only central characters present while a small cast group use the same props & costumes from the old show. The only song they sing is "Topsy Turvy". In the lyrics, change "turn all Paris upside down" to "turn New Orleans upside down". The characters celebrate Mardi Gras/ Fat Tuesday/ Festival of Fools. They are also looking for a new "Prince and Princess of Fools" and ask a bunch of kids to come on stage to show them their "gruesome" face. The audience picks the winner. Think of it as a sort of "Sword in the Stone" offering in Fantasyland for NOS.
The aisle entry to the stage has NOS style statues on the side corners. The seats around the stage looks more like a small stairways. No backrest and probably have a handrail on the aisle. Then the backends of the concrete stair/bench sitting have small water fountains and between NOS statues. I hope that made some sense.
This is all open air but keeping the trees for shade. The stage should also shoot out confetti at the end of "Topsy Turvy" at the audience. Make an underground tunnel from the NOS train station to the stage so Esmerelda can pop up from a cloud of smoke on stage.
"Topsy Turvy" would probably be as long as "Sword in the Stone" which is like, 10 minutes??
2) Convert train station for seating area to watch the passing train, overlook NOS/Frontierland, and small view of proposed stage show.
Construct a bottom floor under the train station for backstage/storage/dressing room for the in-the-round stage.
3) Inbetween shows or as a pre-entertainment, a "living statue" is on stage to entertain guests.
4) During HalloweenTime, this stage could be used for Disney Villains to "Tell Their Side of the Story" storytellling.
OR they can probably have a series of ghost storytellers from Haunted Mansion tell their story on stage like TOT's storytelling.
5) Having CC station instead of NOS station will truly make the stations at the very end points of the park: MS in the south, CC in the west, MTT in the north, and TL in the east. NOS is more like a southwest point anyways.
*Now everyday can be Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Festival Fools... instead of waiting every year*