Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MCP Warrior Elite

First trip in 4 years....Good and Bad (When did the CM's get this rude?)

Hi all,
    Just got back last night from our vacation. Safe & Sound in chilly Kansas City now. First of all, we had a great time. We were at Disneyland on May 8th (Sunday), May 9th (Monday), May 10th (Tuesday), and May 13th (Friday).

My wife, 6 year-old, 3 year-old, Mother, Father, and Sister were all in attendance. We also went to San Diego for a couple of days in the middle of our Disneyland trip.

You guys are all pros, so I wont bore you with details on things you already know, but here are some of the highlights and unfortunate lowlights.

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. The park looked beautiful. I tried hard to find a fault but could not, it appeared in top-notch condition.

2. Buzz was fun. I would give this attraction a "C" ticket, but my little ones liked it and I thought it was done well for what it was. I would not waste hours in line for this, but we never waited more than 10 minutes, even on Sunday when the park was packed.

3. Fireworks. Awesome, simply awesome. We were able to see these from 3 different points in the park. Next to the Rivers of America after Fantasmic. You can see the fireworks here, but you loose the show. The second night were were litterally on a bench in the hub pointed at the castle. Awesome. On Friday night, we were running around trying to get in as many rides as possible on our last night. We went over to IASM and the view as great from there as well and there were a suprisingly few guests on that side.

4. Parade of Dreams. Nice, but short. It is well done, and the performers are great. We noticed that the same performer that was at our character breakfast as "Belle" was on the float. I started calling her "Breakfast Belle"

5. Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn. First of all, I will acknowledge that this thing cost a fortune. It was $74.00 for my family of 4 to eat. Having said this, I would do it again in a hearbeat. The room was filled with characters, all but two of them princesses. My boys, especially the 3 year-old, were completely in love (so was dad, who found himself thinking naughty things about these hot Disney babes ) Do youself a big favor, buy an autograph book before you go and make this the start of your Disney trip.

LOWLIGHTS (Or, How Disney is SCREWING UP A GOOD THING !!!)

1. CM's. I am not here to bag on all CM's, they have a tough job and I bet it is hard to keep a smile in 90 degree weather while trying to make a bunch of rude guests happy...HOWEVER, this is the first time that I have ever wanted to actually go to Town Hall and fill out a formal complaint. I did stand in line to do this, but the line was too long, I will do it by letter. We had one CM who accused my small children of cheating in line, lying, and breaking the rules. This same CM told my 3 year-old he had to leave Goofy's bounce house for coming in through the exit. After first trying to politely explain that both of my kids came in the correct entrance he got argumentative with me. It was only when two sets of parents behind us came to our aid that the jerk stopped with his attacks. This same CM was working Roger Rabbit when we returned with our fast passes. There was nobody at the entrance and no chain up. We waited awhile and then walked in the fast pass line. As we got up to the CM loading us in, the same jerk came running up and accused us of removing the chain. This was a couple of hours after the bounce house incident, and he did not seem to remember us, but who knows. This time my wife and mother nearly killed this creep and told him that if he was this concerned about his precious line, he had better not desert his post in the future.

Other CM's were rude, unattentive, and in one case did not speak english. For the most part, the ride operators were good and so were the performers. But food service, ODV, and tram operators were terrible. Also, all of the eating spots were trashed most of the time yet cleaning CM's were just standing around.

Also, when did personal hygene and appearance not count at DL? They must be having a hard time filling jobs at the park these days. NOTE TO MANAGEMENT (I know you read these) PAY YOUR PEOPLE BETTER AND ATTRACT A HIGHER CLASS OF WORKER !!!!

2. Gift Shops. This is a mild complaint and I know it is a remnant of the Pressler/Harriss era. Get some unique stuff and a better variety in the different areas of the park. The 50th gear was nice, but I was dissapointed by the offereings. Mananagement destroyed the penny arcade to put plush in??? What brain surgeon did this

3. Prices. I am an MBA, but you do not to be one to understand why they charge the prices they do for things....it is because they can, plain and simple. But I also know that you can over-do this mentality. The character breakfast is a good example of an experience that you should charge an arm & leg for. It is a unique experience and it delivers a quality product. Charging $7.00 for a dried up chicken sandwich at The Hungry Bear that would not make the cut for a $0.99 value menu sandwich at McDonalds is not a smart idea. The moron bean-counters (which I am one of for another company) cant figure out that people would buy more of their food and drink if you did not have to pull out the American Express for a churro. If cash flow is a problem, jack up the prices of the AP's to $499.00, those people love to give Disney money

QUICK COMMENTS

1. POOH, good for what it was. My little one loved it. They could have left the country bears and put this in as well.

2. Other than still being miffed about all the PC changes in POC, The ride has never looked better.

3. The Monte Cristo sandwhiches still are awesome. Our waiter was terrible. Is there any better place on earth to eat than on the water at The Blue Bayou?

4. Why are they running only one train most of the time?

5. The guests were better behaved than any trip to DL I have made in the last 15 years. I was shocked.

6. My wife just came down to the basement where I am typing this to tell me that the $50.00 sweatshirt she bought at the Star Trader had an unwanted bonus....It still has the security die-pack attached More of the quality CM work.

ALL & ALL, a great trip. I wish Space Mountain was running as it is my favorite ride, but Indy is a close second

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    wow it sounds like it was a good day overall... I think that the ines at city hall was probably a testiment to the bad sevices that day... I really hope that my day at disney is a little better... it will be the first time that I get to go with anyone who is a significant other... wee... I am excited...

oh... how did you sign up for breakfast at the plaza... and is there another place of comperable pice that is like a lunch or dinner setting??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Hooterville, USA

Wow! Don't know what to say, but follow you heart on the CM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Wow, I don't like rude Cm's...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Dang, that CM either was having a bad day or was power-tripping. I'm sorry about their rude behavior.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Cm's with a power trip... MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Metal Head

probably had to work crowd control at fantasmic too many times.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Know More Than You Should

Sounds like you had a good time.

• MCP Warrior Elite

Yes,
    It was a GREAT time overall. I don't think that I had seen the park in better condition...I am truly sorry for all the folks that went when things were less than spectacular (upkeep wise)

The CM thing suprised me more than angered me...I expect that type of service at our own junk-park Worlds of Fun or at Six Flags, but not at DisneyLand !

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Thanks for the interesting write-up, it's always great to hear about people's experiences in the park, especially out of towners who don't get to the parks more often. It gives a more balanced view, IMO, than we AP holders who are there every week, and have our own prejudices/desires/willingness to forgive rude CM's/low expectations/high expectations/etc....

I'm kind of shocked at the bad CM expereinces.. it sounds like that one guy needs some serious re-training or career change. I'm especially surprised that you had bad service at The Blue Bayou, I have always had nothing but great service there, and it's one of my favorite places in the park just for that reason.

I'm glad you came out to DLR, and I'm glad you had a good time overall.

--Jonathan.

• MCP Warrior Elite

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanIT
    Thanks for the interesting write-up, it's always great to hear about people's experiences in the park, especially out of towners who don't get to the parks more often. It gives a more balanced view, IMO, than we AP holders who are there every week, and have our own prejudices/desires/willingness to forgive rude CM's/low expectations/high expectations/etc....

I'm kind of shocked at the bad CM expereinces.. it sounds like that one guy needs some serious re-training or career change. I'm especially surprised that you had bad service at The Blue Bayou, I have always had nothing but great service there, and it's one of my favorite places in the park just for that reason.

I'm glad you came out to DLR, and I'm glad you had a good time overall.

--Jonathan.
    Thanks Jonathan,
    Maybe I can take this opportunity to explain more on the Blue Bayou incident. I have been to the BB probably 20 times in my adult life, my parents would not take us there when we were kids....money was tight then. But now, I make it a regular part of the trip. The waiter was not rude, he was just bad. We were seated 3rd on Tuesday, right on the water I could not have picked a better spot. The waiter did not show up for a long time, then left. The others around us were all seated and got their drinks, bread and most got their meals before we were asked our drink order. Not that big of a deal except the two kids were getting hungry. When our drinks finally came, most other tables were well into there meals. When our meals came, most of the other tables were on their 2nd seatings. The young man never came back to check on us until the bill was delivered....then he asked if we wanted drink refills We then asked the bill to be split in two....bad idea, he was gone another 15 minutes. When he returned, he litterally dropped the bills on the corner of the table, reached into his pocket and grabbed some chocloade coins, and threw them in the middle of the table.

On the bright side, the food was good and you cant beat the atmosphere

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Snappy
    my parents would not take us there when we were kids....money was tight then. But now, I make it a regular part of the trip.
    Exactly the reason I like it so much too!!! I used to see all those lucky people eating there when we were getting on POTC, and I begged and pleaded but we never went cuz "it's too expensive!'. Only, it's not so much that money was tight... it's that my dad is notoriously CHeAP!! I think it was my first trip to DL without my folks that I made it there... on grad night after high school graduation! And the real kicker is... now they take the grandkids!!!

So now, I have to make-up for the bitterness of my lost youth... and go there every chance I get!

It costs less and tastes better than therapy!

--J.

• Minion

The CM serving you at the BB MUST of been in training or something. Thats what it sounds like to me. But tossing the mint coins in the moddle of the table was just rude!!! I would of filled out the comment card on that. Errors cant be corrected till people know they are errors.

I think we have all had an experance with a rude/bad CM. I had one flip me off! The thing is, with Disneyland highering what must be tens of thousands of people, there is a good chance that you cant screen the bad apples in the interview process. Thats why they have comment cards, city hall, and a few links to Disneyland.com to submit a complaint. I did, and they where VERY responsive. I had a return E-mail the next day, and even a letter in the mail!!! But I am glad you did not let a rare bad apple ruin your day.

• That's Hawt

I would assume, like gibbage said, that that CM was in training or something of the like. Every time I have been to BB the service has been stellar ... I literally timed it once and after the napkin was on the plate the plate was gone in 9 seconds!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I was deleted.

I ran into some cranky CMs or ones who didn't seem to care when I was there last too. But at least I could blame most of it on the rain. It was in July when one asked me if I wanted his job! At least you didn't that?? I'm glad you had fun for the most part!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast