• Shubisha

11/18 11/19 trip report(aka, how Tiki Room saved my life)

So if you haven't heard by now, I lost my camera's extended battery last week at disneyland and it has not been found. So I'm stuck with a 70-90 minute one that doesn't even seem to last that, and being very conservative with my videotaking(And hence pictures too). I've stolen some juice from a few choice electrical outlets around the park, but all in all I want my 9 hour battery back

But alas,

Click here for pictures

I went 2 days in a row! Something I really don't do much of unless I'm staying at the hotel overnight. The first day, I got to the parking garage at 3:30pm after a 2 and a half drive thanks to LA traffic. If it were PoD i was trying to catch I wouldn't be worried(the showstops stall it). But Xmas fantasy i could be in trouble.. But thankfully I got through the gate and made it onto main street in time to film the whole thing. Then I met up with the gang from VisionsFantastic.com. We wandered a bit and then went to dinner at Cafe Orleans. Well, they had dinner. For my meal, I ordered the Mickey shaped beignets. The waitress called me her hero. :biggrin: They were COVERED in powdered sugar and so yummy. And there was a vanilla-like dipping sauce and droooool. I was blowing and snorting powdered suger all over the place and ended up covered in it throughout the meal. I had way too much fun

We went on Splash mountain at this point. And if you'd been to the last few VF meets, you'd know I usually end up sitting in the front. And get my money's worth :P We proceded to get ice cold water gushed upon us, soaking our feet and pants and the like. Then came the big drop and as I hopelessly looked up, I stared a 6 foot wave in the face before it curled up and over and landed flatly one of my friends and I. And that was that. I was a walking lake. It takes a bit of wetness to get all the Splash CMs to comment about you as you exit the ride(and later every CM for the next hour), and I well surpassed it. But SHAME on the couple that sat behind our group and did some obscene jesture that got our picture blocked out. BOOOOOOOOO.

We went on Thunder, Mr. Toad., Small World Holiday, Mansion Holiday, watched the fireworks, and a good time was had by all. On the drive home I was shortly greeted by the 5 freeway being closed. Meaning I had to take another route for the first time in my life at midnight on a saturday with 6 lanes of traffic in a standstill. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

And then came the next day! I got up at 8 and after some chores I made it there at around 10:30. I got a Space Mountain fastpass and then made the weekly sunday micechat meet. It was kind of empty for a while compared to the last few I'd been to anyways, but there were some new faces and we mosied(sp?) on over to White Water for my first experience at that establishment. The fries were yummy and the french dip was good, and not to mention the lovely view of the belly overflowing with baby from a pregnant mom in a neon pink 2 piece swimsuit(see fishbulb update for photo =D). I spent most of the afternoon with the group, but then separated off to get another filming of the parade since they had fastpasses for mansion and I didn't(and i needed to get another filming of the parade anyways). After that, I met back up with the VF gang from the day before at the French Market. I was so tired that when they suggested we go to the Tiki Room I couldn't wait. I got into it and promptly took the far back corner where I went to sleep for the show. Afterwards I was SO reinvigerated. I was awake, alert, my head and shoulderaches were gone, and I was ready to bounce along and have fun! They all had to go I guess but I stayed at the park, rode Space Mountain, hiked through DCA and rode Screamin, then watched the fireworks which were apparently almost cancelled because the wind was blowing the wrong way. They even had Small World closed and a big section in front of it blocked off. But they went ahead with them anyways.

PFN, VCS, TTFN! Pictures for now, Videos coming soon on VF, ta ta for now! I bet about 2 of you actually read through that whole thing :P

• Senior Minion

Re: 11/18 11/19 trip report(aka, how Tiki Room saved my life)

Seems like you had a busy two days, and I guess it would have been good for me to post a warning about the freeway closing lanes. When I went last week I saw the signs announcing it and decided to skip going this past weekend because of it.

Yet, I got stuck in the same type of traffic Saturday around the same time towards Dodger Stadium ... which I didn't expect - 4 lanes of traffic smooshed into one (I thought I'd never get home).

Although I am sorry you lost your battery, but maybe it's at lost & found ... you never know.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It was great to finally actually meet you! And share in the delight of our French dip sandwiches MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

• Practically Perfect

great photos! sorry to hear about your battery

I know what that's like: losing your extended battery and having to rely on just an old smaller one. That happened to me once while on vacation. Just like you...everywhere we went during the day, I was eying the places for electrical outlets for quick little spurts of juice...hoping it would extend my taping time enough to cover everything I wanted to capture.

Royal pain in the bum! Sorry to hear you're having to go through that hassle.

Thanks for posting the photos! Very nice.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I read it all the way through!! And, I have to add my "booo!" to whoever made your Splash photo go away because of being inappropriate! As I read your description of the ride, I kept saying "I can't wait to see the picture from this!!" Oh well! Looks like you had a great time and I'll have to share the nap in the TIKI room idea with my hubby!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

i read the whole thing!!! it was great.... haha looking forward to more reports and possibly one of my own trippp!!!

i liked the snorting and blowing the sugar part lolol...stuff is smooth goin in...just not coming out...jk jk hah!!

• "714"

WTF! HAHAH! Ya LOVES those Fries, Sounds like you had a blast. *SIGH* I Love DL! (:

The fries were yummy and the french dip was good, and not to mention the lovely view of the belly overflowing with baby from a pregnant mom in a neon pink 2 piece swimsuit(see fishbulb update for photo =D).

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Main Gypsy

It was nice to meet you yesterday.
    I read your report all the way through and loved it! You had a very busy weekend! I am always worried that I will end up drenched from Splash and so far I have been lucky.... (hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that; I am probably jinxing myself )
    Whitewater was fun (minus the preggo woman ) and hanging out and doing some rides. Hope we can do it again sometime!