Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Talking Miss Violet's November '06 Trip report!

*I'm gunna do this trip one day at a time so that I don't get flustered!*

After anxiously awaiting, our trip had finally come!!

We left home on Saturday around noon. My heart broke in two as our little doggy Widgey sat at the front door and whined as we walked to the car. Oh dear God... is it that hard when you have kids?

We took off and stopped at the Lemoore exit to have lunch at Red Robin. I forgot to take pictures, but it was nothing special. EWW! I must complain about the 6 or so flies that graced our table the entire time we ate. Nasty.

We got back on the road and drove down the 5 for a few more hours! We hit a bit a traffic around L.A. The total trip took us about 7 and a half hours, including lunch and one gas stop (we ALMOST ran outta gas).

Our hotel reservations for the GCH weren't until Sunday, so we booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Orange County through Priceline.com. We got a steal, $45 bucks! When we got there, they upgraded us to a huge room! It had two queen beds that were seperated fromt eh rest of the room by french doors. The bathroom was a standard bathroom.. very nice marble counters. Off to the side was a living room with a couch, love seat, writing desk and T.V. It also had an empty fridge for our own use as well as one of those charge-up-the-buns pre-stocked fridges.

We met up with our friend McKenzie who was going to spend SUnday at the park with us (for her birthday). She came up from San Diego and stayed the night with us. Thank goodness for two queen beds!! We were hungry around 11:30 so we drove to Denny's and got some grub. May I please say that Denny's is not good? I don't understand how they mess up burgers. I mean, come on! Oh well, I just knew that a churro the next day would make up for one bad burger.

We all went back to the room and went to bed... we had an early morning the next day... DISNEYLAND!!!

---To be continued with LOTS of pictures!!!---

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Senior Minion

Re: Miss Violet's November '06 Trip report!

Quite an adventure from the beginning. Looks like you had a great time! Glad to see Hyatt was so good to you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Shablagoo!

I'd complain about you beating me to a trip report, except I have been busy processing photos for my family to see. Hopefully I will get to my day 1 beofre thanksgiving, but no promises. It was great to spend time with you , Dustin and McKenzie.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

MissViolet! can't wait for more!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yay! Cant wait for more.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

I can't wait to see how the rest of your trip went. As for Denny's I have to say that I've never tried their burgers ... but I just die for Moons Over My Hammy and their pancakes (I'm getting hungry now).

Our first day in the Park!!
    SO, we stayed up pretty lat that night.. went to bed around 2a.m. I love McKenzie! She's such a sweet girl!

I woke up around 8:30 and was pumped to get in the park. The rest of my party, on the other hand, was a wee bit sluggish. Had to drag Dustin outta bed. I gave him the shake-him-till-you-wake-him treatment AND I stole all of the covers off of his sleepy body. Kenzie was out in the living room part of out little mini-suite with the t.v. on the History chanel. It turns out that she woke up around 4 and couldn't go back to bed. She only got about four o sleep. A good Starbucks got her off to a good start though!

Ok, here is my first gripe. There was a Starbucks in the lobby and the women who were working it were aweful! They didn't understand the concept of putting coffe and ice in a blender and blending it. Yeah. Oh, and htey wouldn't let me order a hot chocolate with shot of coffee... they said that it was called a mocha and that was what they'd charge me for! Geesh! What creeps!

Anyways, we had to stop at Target to get poor, dear Kenzie some cold medicine and look for a sort of inhaler type thing. No luck.. She did get some dayquil and some homeopathic cold stuff.

It was about 11a.m. by that time and we wanted to check into our hotel, The Grand Californian *dawwwwling*. We pulled into the lot (after passing it twice!) and we were greated by these cute, 1920sish costumed guys. I don't have a picture, but they were great!

We parked, unloaded and waited at the front desk to be called forward.

[The looooong front desk. This was only half way down!]

[I love this snail!]

We were called over by a really sweet man (can't remember his name though) and he helped us with our reservation. It turned out that our room didn't have any bars in the shower and I really need those to make sure that I am as safe in possible while in the shower. Try balancing on one leg in the shower with your eyes closed... it's a little hard! HA!

Anyways, after waiting for about ten minutes while the nice man talked to his boss about switching us to a handicapped accessable room, we were informed that our new room wasn't ready yet. He gave us the keys to our room (take home souvineers after we checked out!) and told us that someone would call us before 3p.m. with our info.

Then, we were off *jet noise* to our first ever MiceChat Noon Meet!

We approached the front gates and there really wasn't too much of a wait! Yea! I was rushing, trying to get my dear husband to push me super fast so that we wouldn't be late! We rushed down Main Street *silent tear* and arrived at the hub to see.... no one! We were the first ones there, so we plopped down on a bench and waited. After a few minutes we saw..... Fishey! Mr Fishbulb himself! I actually have a picture of him and it's at a really bad angle and it's not a very good picture, so I'll keep it to myself! Love you Mr. Fishy!

I then met (not in the right order) MaxandBellesMom, DustySage, GeminiCricket, FRECKY(!), JustJohn, DarkBeer (I think!!), RedRoseAngel, AKFanDisney, BFJen, Melonballer and others whose names are not popping into my head at this moment!

[BFJen and I]

[Frecky, BFJen, MelonBaller and I (MissViolet!)]

• For You!

I didn't notice you put up a report yet! I want to hear more!!! So far, so good, except for the flies, and I could have warned you about denny's. Although, when it's the only thing open at 3 am - it can taste okay.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• no flash photography...

Great trip report. I can't wait to read more.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

More More!!
    I am bummed I wasn't able to meet you!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yeah you have pictures up!

• Shablagoo!

Woo-hoo! Another trip report from the same time as mine. Awesome.

• Banned User

more more!!!

great photo so far.

GEESH! I wrote this whole, long bit I don't rightly know, but it made my text and pictures vanish... Bwwaaah. I'm going to bed!

• Grumpy old man

Fantastic report. The thing about the gas hit close to home for me. It seems cars have just short of enough gas to get from the Bay Area to Anaheim (We left from Concord and we running on empty in Buena Park/Commerce)

Keep the good post coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast