• Minion

Blog Entries

Just out of curiosity... (Thanksgiving Question)

Ok so on Thanksgiving I will be working and I get off at a pretty decent hour. Me and my aunt were thinking of going over to the park when I got off, but we weren't sure what happened on Thanksgiving Day. Like does the places that are serving Thanksgiving Dinner take reservations (I.E. Plaza Inn) I know they don't typically take reservations but with them serving Thanksgiving Dinner I was hoping maybe they did for that day. We have never done Thanksgiving in the park so we are trying to figure out the best thing to do for that day because she was thinking of coming to work with me and while I am at work waiting in the park. So we aren't really sure what to do. If anyone can tell me any info on Thanksgiving in the park that would be great so that we can finalize our plans. Thanks so much to everyone!
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Re: Just out of curiosity... (Thanksgiving Question)

Thanksgiving at the Hotels is already booked, but I believe they accept walk ins, just be prepared to wait. As for the park, its the regular menus at most places (this may have changed).

Be forwarned, Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days at the park, so be prepared to fight heavy crowds.

• A Pirate's life for me!

You might try calling Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE and ask if there are any openings at any of the restaurants. I know for sure that the Buffet in the Grand Ballroom is booked (we'll be there), but haven't asked about the others. As mentioned, you can do stand-by (even at the Buffet), but there will be a wait.

Enjoy!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Well I didn't really want to do anything at the hotels because I spend all day there already since I work at one of them. I was just wondering about the park. And trust me I am fine with crowds at the park I was there for New Years at the Millenium. A crowd dodesn't scare me at Disneyland. I know that some of the restruants are changing their menus at the parks for Thanksgiving but I didn't know if like The Plaza Inn would be taking reservations that day for a change or something like that. We were wondering because while I am working my Aunt was going to hang out in the park and get reservations if we needed it. Or the other option was that I get off of work and drive all the way back to Laguna to pick her up and then drive all the way back to the park for dinner. Personally I would rather spend the whole day there with her waiting in the park for me. I once I make the drive home after being on my feet all day long I will most likely crash. But thats just me! Anyways thank you for the information.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Former Cast Member

When I worked at the PLaza Inn, guest's did not need a reservation. We were open to everyone and served turkey dinners, pretty good too. But, again, this was in 2000-2001. It could have changed since, but I do not think so.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newseditor44 View Post
    Thanksgiving at the Hotels is already booked, but I believe they accept walk ins, just be prepared to wait. As for the park, its the regular menus at most places (this may have changed).

Be forwarned, Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days at the park, so be prepared to fight heavy crowds.
    I'll vouch for this. I was at the park yesterday (Monday) and the crowds seemed up maybe 30 or 40 percent of what they were last week. I'ts been a long time since I've seen Downtown Disney that crowded as well...

The park is open earlier and later this week, so yeah. Here come the crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Well I didn't really want to do anything at the hotels because I spend all day there already since I work at one of them. I was just wondering about the park. And trust me I am fine with crowds at the park I was there for New Years at the Millenium. A crowd dodesn't scare me at Disneyland. I know that some of the restruants are changing their menus at the parks for Thanksgiving but I didn't know if like The Plaza Inn would be taking reservations that day for a change or something like that. We were wondering because while I am working my Aunt was going to hang out in the park and get reservations if we needed it. Or the other option was that I get off of work and drive all the way back to Laguna to pick her up and then drive all the way back to the park for dinner. Personally I would rather spend the whole day there with her waiting in the park for me. I once I make the drive home after being on my feet all day long I will most likely crash. But thats just me! Anyways thank you for the information.
    Be forewarned, Thurs afternoon will be a madhouse, and while you are used to crowds, the turnstiles may close, locking you out with your aunt inside. We have done walk up for Thanksgiving dinner (at the FrenchMarket) and it is a long wait usually. Maybe she could get in line early for you.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.