Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Tomorrow(land) Never Comes...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Rocket Rods DOES work... at Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot, but was never given the proper chance in Tomorrowland. The system works just fine, but the technology needs to be givent he proper place to work to its full potential. So yeah.
    They had problems with the braking systems wearing out to frequently and soaring maintenance costs. They didn't calculate correctly the wear and tear from braking. The idea was excellent, the execution was a bit flawed. Or maybe they did calculate, but some exec decided to cut the budget to save money and ended up wasting even more money.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Rocket Rods DOES work... at Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot, but was never given the proper chance in Tomorrowland. The system works just fine, but the technology needs to be givent he proper place to work to its full potential. So yeah.

You're right, it DID work but the attraction was misguided from the start. I'm all for them giving it another go, but I don't think they'd risk millions to do it all over again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

At this point they should just do what works - - it can't be put off anymore and scattershot retrofit experimentation could leave those tracks empty for years to come. Rods will never work unless the track is banked and no one wants to spend that, so just bring back a nice PeopleMover tour of TL, but no matter what - - get something that works up there now.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    At this point they should just do what works - - it can't be put off anymore and scattershot retrofit experimentation could leave those tracks empty for years to come. Rods will never work unless the track is banked and no one wants to spend that, so just bring back a nice PeopleMover tour of TL, but no matter what - - get something that works up there now.
    Again - I fully agree.

What Walt Disney wanted was to show the 'hustle' of the 'future'. Movement 'everywhere - up above with the Rocket Jets, the track of the Peoplemover, the sleek Monorail system.......THAT was our tomorrow. Not only that, the way everything was placed - it was esthetically pleasing as well.

Frankly - Tomorrowland wasn't broken, and when something isn't broken, you don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    A lot of people have a problem with Innoventions because it replaced full AA shows to end up being something like our modern Best Buy or Circuit City...if there were more futuristic-type things within the building, I don't think it would be as disliked as it is on this board.

I don't think you can call Innoventions a replacement for America Sings. They were decades appart. If anything replaced AS, it was Splash Mountain seeing as most of the AA's went over there. Innoventions simply replaced an empty building.

And Coheteboy, hokey Capt Eo was NOT better than HISTA in my opinion. Capt Eo is watching a movie. Passive. Add to that bad special effects, corny music, really bad 3-D gags, characters in rubber masks, and a bad plot....you have one horrid show. Sitting down to watch a bad movie in blurry vision. At least HISTA seems real due to everything being in scale with a real theatre. The 3-D effects work in the show, and it actually involves the audience. Sure the film is long dead, but the attraction doesn't require any real knowledge of the "Honey I Shrunk" franchise. You have a nerdy inventor who creates a shrinking ray and accidentally shrinks the audience. If Disney had shot this same film with "new" characters and actors I'm sure people would have a lot less of an issue with it. The only issue I have with the attraction is I don't think 3-D films stay fresh, especially when ITTBAB does the same idea but much better across the way.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    And Coheteboy, hokey Capt Eo was NOT better than HISTA in my opinion. Capt Eo is watching a movie. Passive. Add to that bad special effects, corny music, really bad 3-D gags, characters in rubber masks, and a bad plot....you have one horrid show. Sitting down to watch a bad movie in blurry vision. At least HISTA seems real due to everything being in scale with a real theatre. The 3-D effects work in the show, and it actually involves the audience. Sure the film is long dead, but the attraction doesn't require any real knowledge of the "Honey I Shrunk" franchise. You have a nerdy inventor who creates a shrinking ray and accidentally shrinks the audience. If Disney had shot this same film with "new" characters and actors I'm sure people would have a lot less of an issue with it. The only issue I have with the attraction is I don't think 3-D films stay fresh, especially when ITTBAB does the same idea but much better across the way.

To each his own.

I prefer watching a movie I love over and over again rather than to pretend that I'm watching the "inventor of the year award" for the very first time.

Captain EO re-invented the 3D gags for the modern audience. Characters in rubber masks, awesome. Music, awesome (score by James Horner I believe). Special Effects by ILM, awesome. Plot, serviceable. Hate it all you want. You're not gonna change my mind.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Atlantis themed Subs featuring much new technology, wonderful new look....
    They actually were going to make the subs area an Atlantis themed ride, but because the movie didn't do good they nixed the idea completely.

I've also wondered if they'll change the submarine ride to be part of Fantasyland once it opens up. It won't fit the Tomorrowland theme at all. Submarines aren't futuristic. Talking fish would be better suited in Fantasyland.

...Joe...

•   
    • Minion

Innoventions isn't bad in concept... The problem is that if you are looking at technology of the future, it is comming at us with a vengence... Do you think Disneyland can keep up and budgeted a yearly update to refresh it? Because the moment you install something, it will be out of date... (The answer to the last question is only if they have a new marketing partner or need to sell their latest video game...)

The place has become essencially a technology marketplace, except where you can't by stuff... I would rather go to Best Buy, Fry's, or some other eletronic store, and read tech magazines which puts me on the very same edge...

This doesn't seem to be where I want tomorrow to be...

I want tomorrow to be Mars Colonies... Ocean Colonies...

Cars that are clean burning and run on cellulose ethanol... Fussion reactors... A Solar array that can power a laptop that can fit in my pocket...

The next generation of techology that seem impossable to even imagine... But seem realistic...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    They had problems with the braking systems wearing out to frequently and soaring maintenance costs. They didn't calculate correctly the wear and tear from braking. The idea was excellent, the execution was a bit flawed. Or maybe they did calculate, but some exec decided to cut the budget to save money and ended up wasting even more money.

Then you have a choice really... Slow the ride down, use the motor's compression to break the ride... But I think that this is not what people really want either... clearly an empty track needs to be filled...

An empty track is a testament to Disney's ineptitude to imagine and or solve problems. It says, "Hey, look how cheap we are! And you pay a premium to get in through the gate - you are such a fool."
    Check out my other blog:

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    Then you have a choice really... Slow the ride down, use the motor's compression to break the ride... But I think that this is not what people really want either... clearly an empty track needs to be filled...

An empty track is a testament to Disney's ineptitude to imagine and or solve problems. It says, "Hey, look how cheap we are! And you pay a premium to get in through the gate - you are such a fool."
    Agreed. Although I hope it's not Disney's ineptitude at imagining new things. I hope it's merely management with a stranglehold on the purse strings. That problem is at least solvable.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Innoventions isn't bad in concept... The problem is that if you are looking at technology of the future, it is comming at us with a vengence... Do you think Disneyland can keep up and budgeted a yearly update to refresh it? Because the moment you install something, it will be out of date... (The answer to the last question is only if they have a new marketing partner or need to sell their latest video game...)

The place has become essencially a technology marketplace, except where you can't by stuff... I would rather go to Best Buy, Fry's, or some other eletronic store, and read tech magazines which puts me on the very same edge...

This doesn't seem to be where I want tomorrow to be...

I want tomorrow to be Mars Colonies... Ocean Colonies...

Cars that are clean burning and run on cellulose ethanol... Fussion reactors... A Solar array that can power a laptop that can fit in my pocket...

The next generation of techology that seem impossable to even imagine... But seem realistic...
    This is really really true. I fully agree. The tomorrow they display in Innoventions is literal 'tomorrow' versus the FUTURE. When Walt Disney opened the park in 1955 - his thoughts for Tomorrowland THEN were WAY in the future - to 1986. He was looking at 30 years PLUS into the future - not next week.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    This is really really true. I fully agree. The tomorrow they display in Innoventions is literal 'tomorrow' versus the FUTURE. When Walt Disney opened the park in 1955 - his thoughts for Tomorrowland THEN were WAY in the future - to 1986. He was looking at 30 years PLUS into the future - not next week.
    What is 30 years away? Space tourism. You will be able to lauch yourself on a Virgin Galaxy Spacecraft and arrive at a Space Hotel. Now push the envelope a little... Disneyland resourt only, get this, in space...

What would be the attractions? What would the hotel look like? What would be the replacement for something like the Monorail? How would Dumbo work? Jungle Cruize? This is not to difficult to imagine...

What else is 30 years away?
    Check out my other blog:

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

What is 30 years away? Space tourism. You will be able to lauch yourself on a Virgin Galaxy Spacecraft and arrive at a Space Hotel. Now push the envelope a little... Disneyland resourt only, get this, in space...

What would be the attractions? What would the hotel look like? What would be the replacement for something like the Monorail? How would Dumbo work? Jungle Cruize? This is not to difficult to imagine...

What else is 30 years away?
    What else is 30 years away? Um, my 65th birthday.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    What else is 30 years away? Um, my 65th birthday.
    Push the envelope.... What whould you look like 30 years from now? Imagine a computer that captures your image and prints out what you would look like 30 years from now... The kids are going to love it...
    Check out my other blog:

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Push the envelope.... What whould you look like 30 years from now? Imagine a computer that captures your image and prints out what you would look like 30 years from now... The kids are going to love it...
    That would be WAY cool - for kids. I would rather just 'ease' into my 65 year old self. I don't need to be depressed for the next 30 years.
    HA HA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast