Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Minion

Re: Tomorrow(land) Never Comes...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    That would be WAY cool - for kids. I would rather just 'ease' into my 65 year old self. I don't need to be depressed for the next 30 years.
    HA HA
    the age of 65, thirty years from now might not look so bad... consider improvements in medicine and science...
    Check out my other blog:

• Keepin' it calsteady

The only thing I want from Tomorrowland is for them to figure out a way to handle the crowds and queue for Finding Nemo next year so that I can still get to Space Mountain and the Matterhorn.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    the age of 65, thirty years from now might not look so bad... consider improvements in medicine and science...
    Facelifts! HA

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    The only thing I want from Tomorrowland is for them to figure out a way to handle the crowds and queue for Finding Nemo next year so that I can still get to Space Mountain and the Matterhorn.

It'll be interesting to see how it affects the Monorail as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Facelifts! HA
    rofl!!!! omg too funny im dying over here...not meaning to laugh at your age :-P i'll be 49...which is soo far away but look at the 1800's people lived to what 50's at the most?? hopefully facelifts and botox are free 30 years from now lol
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You're right, it DID work but the attraction was misguided from the start. I'm all for them giving it another go, but I don't think they'd risk millions to do it all over again.
    At this point it would cost millions to bring back either ride. They might as well go with a high speed thrill ride - because we all know that will be a bigger draw and bigger crowd pleaser than the slow moving PeopleMover.

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    Then you have a choice really... Slow the ride down, use the motor's compression to break the ride... But I think that this is not what people really want either... clearly an empty track needs to be filled...
    Not necessarily. I think it’s very limited thinking to believe that a new attraction has to be molded to fit that particular track. They could also tear it down completely and focus their attention on new attractions. They could tear out the PeopleMover tracks and reroute the Monorail and build something big on the current site of the Motorboat Cruise/Autopia. If they decide to take out Star Tours and build something else – they could utilize the room of the old PM storage space and create a HUGE attraction in there. Why limit the possibilities to only the track?

Personally I’d rather see the money go somewhere else – even if that means the track has to stay for years and years empty. It’s obviously not hurting their image, and TL is the busiest it has been in years.

Frankly - Tomorrowland wasn't broken, and when something isn't broken, you don't fix it.
    This isn’t true. Tomorrowland was suffering from big problems with theme and story and attendance for years before the refurbishment of 1998. As early as the 1980s, Imagineers were discussing the “Tomorrowland Problem” the same way we discuss the DCA problem today. The land was a mess – some rides were true to Walt Disney’s original intention – some were completely fantasy based – and some weren’t related to the future at all – and almost all of them were old, tired, and boring. Disney knew there was a problem here and they came up with several plans to completely change the area – some of which were even created by Eisner himself.

Tomorrowland was very much broken in all that time. The refurbishment of 1998 was a disaster in that it failed to create any memorable and lasting attractions – but it succeeded in giving the land a new direction and new philosophy. Today Tomorrowland is stronger than it has been in a long time.

Let me just be blunt here: if you really think Tomorrowland is broken - just stay out of that area. Let Disney know that you think the rides in that area are uninteresting and boring by staying out of that area and clogging the walkways on the Westside – much like what happened in the early 1990s. That will encourage change – and also hopefully allow me to find a seat at Redd Rockets – an almost impossible task today due to the success of this land in its present form.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Turn Innoventions into a convention center and host every well known techonology event show every month thus showing the latest and new technolgies to the audience while making money.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    To each his own.

Hate it all you want. You're not gonna change my mind.
    Wasn't trying to change your mind, hence the "in my opinion" in the beginning of my post. People also love the Terminator 3-D show, but I'm still bored by it because it boils down to watching a movie for most of the attraction. I know a movie cannot physically touch me, but when they make the movie look real action(HISTA and TTBAB) it actually interests me because it is entirely plausible that I would be interacting with the things around me. That's just me, I know others do like to sit down and passively watch something and good for them, I just like to be physically involved.

• I'm not really here

I think Innoventions is very possible... they just need to innovate something. It's not about trying to predict what will be here in 30 years... it's about taking what we have today and what we know to be coming in the next few years and then running wild and crazy with it 30 years into the future. What COULD happen in 30 years. Then faking it so that we can "experience" it now. And as things change... every so often, push the envelope back even more. That's what Innoventions was supposed to be.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123