Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Disney Holiday Idea Thread

Okay, so we've gotten ideas for a Space Mountain layover, a Matterhorn layover, and a Tiki Tiki Tiki Room layover for the holidays. So, I thought it would be great to have an official thread where everybody could shout out their ideas for Disney holiday stuff. This way there's not so many threads going on.

So, if anybody wants to go more into detail or give their opinions about the Space Mountain, Matterhorn, or Tiki Tiki Tiki Room layovers maybe just post them here. Also, what are other ideas you guys have?

Another one I thought would be great is if somehow Disney incorporated Chanukah (sp?) and Kwanza into the park. There's not just Christmas around this time of year.

I think a big manora (sp? - sorry if I spelled that wrong) somewhere in the park. And as each of the days goes by a different Disney character could light that day's candle. Then on the last day there could be a huge bash! I'd love to see a huge dradle (sp?) in the park too!

Sound of fellow MiceChatters, sound off!

...Joe...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Disney Holiday Idea Thread

Ice up the peoplemover track and rent skates out for $10.00 per hour
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

we're missing indy here.... and i dont think thats right....
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    we're missing indy here.... and i dont think thats right....
    Do tell your Indy Holiday idea! I'd love to hear it!

Oh, also, can anybody explain to me why Storybook Land hasn't been X-Mas'd up? Think of the fun they could do with that! Snow on the houses and castles, put Santa somewhere, etc.!

...Joe..

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Do tell your Indy Holiday idea! I'd love to hear it!

Oh, also, can anybody explain to me why Storybook Land hasn't been X-Mas'd up? Think of the fun they could do with that! Snow on the houses and castles, put Santa somewhere, etc.!

...Joe..

#1 ur missing ur third dot on the ...joe... sig part... hah!
    #2 we cant holiday everything but i wanna see the giant mara head with a santa hat and i want it to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! you looked into my eyes your path now leads you into the winter wonder land!! i would like a completely snow covered inside at this point and no lightning effect...snow... snow and snow....

I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The more attractions that are Holiday'd up; the more attractions that will have to go down for exteneded periods of time both in October and Januarary.

I do like the idea of Winterizing Storybook Land. And all kidding aside; I would like to see Ice Skating available durring the Month of December(if not up high on the Peoplemover, perhaps in the Motorboat lagoon.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    #1 ur missing ur third dot on the ...joe... sig part... hah!
    #2 we cant holiday everything but i wanna see the giant mara head with a santa hat and i want it to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! you looked into my eyes your path now leads you into the winter wonder land!! i would like a completely snow covered inside at this point and no lightning effect...snow... snow and snow....
    LMAO to #1. I'll try harder next time!
    As for #2 I agree with you, but it's nice to dream that all of Disney could be turned into a "winter wonderland." It would be kind of cool to see parts of Splash holiday'd up too. Maybe put a Xmas tree somewhere, put ornaments and stuff on the briar patch, etc.

...Joe...

• The Twilight Zone

i had an idea to go with it's a small world holiday

on each boat on the back theres empty space they should put a moundor bundle of presents with labels on them like africa or england or any country.

as if they were going to that country maybe with merry christmas or happy kwanza happy hanauka

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedhoilday View Post
    i had an idea to go with it's a small world holiday

on each boat on the back theres empty space they should put a moundor bundle of presents with labels on them like africa or england or any country.

as if they were going to that country maybe with merry christmas or happy kwanza happy hanauka
    I LOVE THAT IDEA! Great use of unused space!

I think it would be cool if they froze over the Rivers of America and had ice skating right there. This would allow Mark Twain and Sailing Ship Columbia to go down for their respective refurbs at the same time and still have an attraction on the river.

With this maybe they can come up with a Holiday Fantasmic. "Cookies and Magic Holidays Fantastic. Leading to amazing, wonderous dreams."

• Banned User

how would they freeze the rivers? That would take lots of work.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph303 View Post
    how would they freeze the rivers? That would take lots of work.
    Hmmmm, I don't know they could freeze the river's water per say, but what I could see them doing (if they went with this idea) is to drain it and then build some sort of support stage for a rink to be placed upon it. However, this would take MASSIVE amounts of time, money, and staffing. I don't see Disney ever doing something that huge for such a little amount of time through the year.

However, I love the idea and thought behind it. Dream away!!!! I know I sure do!

...Joe...

I was thinking the same thing. But wouldnt installing a more extreme version of the technology used for freezing over those outdoor rinks, like you see in San Francisco, work?

Quote Originally Posted by BNeumayr View Post
    I think it would be cool if they froze over the Rivers of America and had ice skating right there. This would allow Mark Twain and Sailing Ship Columbia to go down for their respective refurbs at the same time and still have an attraction on the river.

With this maybe they can come up with a Holiday Fantasmic. "Cookies and Magic Holidays Fantastic. Leading to amazing, wonderous dreams."
    i sense sarcasim sir... do you doubt the magic that IS disneyyyy?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BNeumayr View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. But wouldnt installing a more extreme version of the technology used for freezing over those outdoor rinks, like you see in San Francisco, work?
    'Tis true! I never thought about that! Great point!

...Joe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast