Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: I'm the only one who appriciates Disneyland the right way.

Funny how so many of us have those feelings!
    Let's see, I am nearly 48, was two my first trip to Disneyland, Live 430 miles away (give or take a mile or two), went every year for one day at Christmas time for fifteen years growing up, now have an annual pass and go at least 4 times a year, multi-day visits of course.
    When I walk through my Disneyland, I can feel Walt's proud presence as I still to this day, marvel at all his special gifts to the world, and Disneyland being the crown jewel in my opinion.
    For me it is this history, this legacy left by him, and many others that just moves me to tears at times. I think many of us from my generation have those "Walt connection" nostalgic feelings. That is me, but someone who has only been once or twice can have those same feelings of love for the place, it happens right away, you know you are in a special place, and you are hooked for life.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Banned User

Good point. I appreciate Walt Disney's pride as well. He worked hard for the park to be unique! go Walt Disney!

• For You!

Okay I fit most of that - I lived in Utah for 25 something years and went just once a year. Now I'm in Idaho and still go at least once a year. Can't quite get that once a month thing -

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

You know, I just realized what was wrong with me! I didn't grow up 435 miles away! I knew there was something not right about the magic.
    And now, I realize that I am ruining the magic for myself, and I feel terrible. How could I do such a thing to myself.

I will now reform myself.

You make another good point. I also think Disney should try to limit, or eliminate, anyone whose Disneyland experience is slightly different from yours. Of course, the ideal way would be to have retinal scanning, and people who don't see the magic should be vaporised at the gate, but I think the technology is a few years off.

Instead, Disney should pay people NOT to go to the park. It makes sound economic sense. They are only detracting from the true believers, and Disney doesn't really need their money anyways.

Thank you, TJL, for showing me the light. I hope my fellow MiceChatters will follow his lead, or face vaporization.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    In the end, I think Disney should try to limit, or eliminate, anyone whose Disneyland experience is slightly different from mine. The are all clogging up the walkways and elongating the lines anyway.
    Maybe you could offer a How To Properly Appreciate and Enjoy Disneyland class through the Learning Annex. I feel that many people could benefit from your experience and wisdom.

It could be the start of a series: How To Propertly Navigate Disneyland With A Double Stroller, How To Defend Your Right to Purchase an Annual Pass to Disneyland, How To Find Some Measure Of Joy At Disneyland Even Though It Used To Be So Much Better...

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Im all for getting rid of APs <.<.>.> *hides*

• Mousketeer

Actually, 502 miles and 2 times a year are the actual real life facts according to recent government statistics on optimal Disneyland appreciation.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Oh if the government says it it must be true...or else

• Sock Puppet

Whell i live in minnesota and have only been to disneyland once, (I am goin again this year though!!!) but I think disneyland is the greatest place in the world, and I think its very magical wonderfull place, and walt disney is my hero, and I know tons about disneyland, my family is even going to theme our house like disneyland, i cry when I here walts voice, I am only 12 but I am wiling to spend $500 to go(i know its not that much thats like half the money I have), and my family is planning on going 1-2 times every year,My parents have been there 3 times this year and are going to go again, I appriciate disneyland tons So it does not matter were you are from its the kinda person were talking about.
    Last edited by matterhorn94; 11-22-2006 at 08:31 AM.

• I'm not really here

Wow.... I grew up in Colorado, and I've been in Utah for 7 years now. I live 643 miles and some odd feet from Disneyland. And in all honesty, anyone can appreciate it going any number of times in a year. Appreciating Disneyland has nothing to do with how often you go at all. It's about never forgetting how it makes you feel that first time. It's kinda like Neverland. You just can't grow up. Don't let the inner kid die with frequency of visits. As long as you always keep the sense of wonder and awe and childlike exuberance... you will always appreciate it. I could go once a week and never stop appreciating what I had. If you keep in mind what Disneyland means and what it stands for, and you pay attention to the love and skill and raw talent that permeates and pervades the very air... let the vibrant colors and rich detail and never-ending supply of surprises around every corner come at you afresh with each visit, then you will never stop appreciating Disneyland nor will your appreciation lessen with each visit.

We may complain about things as we sit here at home and think about our visits to the park... or something may really stand out to us while we are there, but there isn't a person here, I don't think, who doesn't appreciate the park completely and totally, with all the childlike wonder and magic of their first visit.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

Well, T-Jel, you got your wish: posters are taking you seriously.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I'm the only one who appriciates Disneyland the right way.
    No, no your not.

<END OF THREAD>

NO more posts please, I answered this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Well, T-Jel, you got your wish: posters are taking you seriously.
    Well... mine was sarcasm.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Well... mine was sarcasm.
    I recognize that, and yes, very good work. I didn't say that EVERYONE was taking him seriously.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I recognize that, and yes, very good work. I didn't say that EVERYONE was taking him seriously.
    I'm just totally surprized that no one picked up "thejoshualee member appreciation" thread idea.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast