Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• white and nerdy

I'm the only one who appriciates Disneyland the right way.

Thatís right. The only way to fully appreciate Disneyland is to grow up 430 miles away, go once a year for your first 17 years, then about once a month after that. And you have to live in Utah. For everyone else, the magic of Disneyland will be lost and they wonít appreciate it as much as me.

People who live near Disneyland and go every day are always finding fault with Disneyland, they pay more attention to the chipped paint on the garbage cans than the true magic that Walt intended. Walt didnít want people to go to his park every day. He only went about once a month himself.

People who live far far away and only go once every couple of years are even worse. They donít have the intimate understanding of the park that I do. They will be overly distracted by the crowds and such that they canít get on every ride they want to. They donít even know what rides they want to ride at all.

In the end, I think Disney should try to limit, or eliminate, anyone whose Disneyland experience is slightly different from mine. The are all clogging up the walkways and elongating the lines anyway.

Of course, Iím not talking about any of YOU nice people.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: I'm the only one who appriciates Disneyland the right way.

I also think that some people only find fault in Disneyland, but I love it there and the 3 trips we take every year are the best family time we have together!!!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Thank you for the correction, kind sir.

Here I was labouring under the delusion that there wasn't an official way to enjoy yourself, but knowing there is a right way will make things so much easier next time.

Sadly, I fall under that category of folk who live so far away, I honestly couldn't tell you when signs and flowers have changed. Yes, it is true - I am one of the unlucky few who wouldn't know when a fence has been repainted. Can you feel my pain from all the way over there?

I guess I'll just have to resign myself to enjoy Disneyland in my own obscure way - turning up and doing what takes my fancy.
    ďI don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.Ē - Bill Hicks

• Rock Star Minion

Ah, T-Jel. Where have you been?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Ah, T-Jel. Where have you been?
    Had to make myself scarce... now some people may take me seriously.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Um, do you want to be taken seriously? Starting threads like this doesn't help.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I've always taken you seriously.

Dang it. I just can't say that with a straight face.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I'm seriously confused by this.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• That Guy

ap-pre-ci-ate
    Pronunciation[uh-pree-shee-eyt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb,
    1.to be grateful or thankful for: They appreciated his thoughtfulness. –verb (used with object) 2.to value or regard highly; place a high estimate on: to appreciate good wine. 3.to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect: to appreciate the dangers of a situation. 4.to raise in value. –verb (used without object) 5.to increase in value: Property values appreciated yearly

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Can someone start a "Thejoshualee Member Appreciation" thread??!! Coz I would so help out with that one!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Vehicle rotating backward

"You're.. Mocking me, aren't you?"

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

now some people may take me seriously.
    Take you seriously! never in a million years
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• I'm Flying High

I don't live that far away, but I only go once a year because of the whole budget thing. I appreciate it completely because it's such a treat to go.
    The daydream princess

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have only been fortunate enough to have visited Disneyland on 2 separate vacations. It wasn't until the 50th Anniversary that I could afford to make the journey. I returned last year with my grandson. I am hoping to make the trip again next year.

I absolutely love the place. Because my first visit was during the 50th, perhaps I would be tempted to expect the royal treatment on each visit. Quite the contrary. A journey to Disneyland is what we make of it. It's not about the physical structure of the place. It's about the feeling, that you get when you walk through the turnstiles. It's about the excitement that you feel. You are about to embark on a special day. As you walk down Main Street, or ride a ride, or explore a land, you forget your troubles. You laugh, and you feel like a child. If you are fortunate to hold the hand of a loved one, your joy is multiplied.

I go expecting to have fun. I smile a lot at Disneyland. Something I don't really do back here in Chicago much. There's no place quite like Disneyland. I am a loner, I really don't have that many friends. However Disneyland has made me more outgoing. When I am there, I am talkative. It makes me more outgoing.

I ramble. I can't help it. On the last day of each of my vacation, I left the park with a quiet calm. A thought in my head. "Disneyland, I will be back," I said. This is just too good to pass up.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Official Mice Chat person

I too live in Utah thejoshualee. I think you are very right, the once a year trip really makes you appreciate every moment of it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast