Best 2 or 3 days to go during 12/23-12/28?

I know it will be busy during those dates no matter what. But we'll be visiting family in Southern California 12/22 to 12/29. So if we wanted to spend 2 or 3 days at Disneyland/California Adventure, which days would be best in terms of crowds?

It would be me, DH, 4yo DS, and infant DS (we'll probably be able to leave DS#2 with family to babysit or they may come with us to babysit him).

We don't have to do everything, we were at DL last year, and we've been to WDW twice this year. Main attractions we'd want to go to -- Jedi Training Academy, Fantasyland rides (can we get EE if we purchase military park hoppers?), Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Pirates, Star Tours, and only if we have time -- Pooh and Roger Rabbit. At Ca Adv, it'd be Soarin and Monsters Inc, and if time, the Aladdin show. Would RideMax help?

We would also consider a AAA Disneyland Hotel package (that's the only hotel available from 12/22 to 12/25, haven't checked other dates yet) if the multiple fastpass were really beneficial. We had this last year but so many of the rides we were interested in didn't have fastpass anyway so it didn't really help us too much.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• I'm not really here

Re: Best 2 or 3 days to go during 12/23-12/28?

I would say not Christmas day. Did our honeymoon there for five days over Christmas and the 25th was the busiest of the whole week.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

I have a minimum crowd tolerance level, and all of these days are way above that.
    If you absolutely have to go:
    1. Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
    2. Drop off at 6:30AM-7AM. Use cell phone to schedule pickup time.
    3. Do what you absolutely must do before 11AM. Most of your list could be done by then. Have DH run to get Splash fastpass, while you go to F'Land. He might miss one ride there, but you'll meet up for the rest. On the way back to Splash, go on Big Thunder and Pirates. Take train to fantasyland . Roger, then Star Tours. Then pop over to DCA.
    4. When the crowd level becomes unbearable for you, arrange your pickup. You could go to DCA before this, though, but do not expect to get back into DL.
    5. If you have to see Fantasmic! or Fireworks show, then you need some stamina and some fortitude (probably not a problem for a military family). The 4yo might take a nap during the day. I'd leave the infant with relatives at least one of the days (if you go two). But I do not suggest leaving DL, even for DCA or DTD.
    6. For two days, do attractions one day, and then do F! and fireworks on next day. You don't have to go early that second day, but you do have to get there by noon, and you won't likely get on more than three attractions.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

12/23 and 24 are probably the least sanity-testing days in that week. That stretch from Christmas to new year is the busiest week of all from what I hear.

Thanks for the input! I think we'll aim for 12/23 and 12/24, then maybe a third day later that week if we really feel like it. We don't have to do Fantasmic or fireworks, so we can concentrate on mornings only.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    12/23 and 24 are probably the least sanity-testing days in that week. That stretch from Christmas to new year is the busiest week of all from what I hear.
    I would pick the 23rd as one. I would skip the 24-26th. The 27-28 are a toss up, will be about the same. Expect gate closures after 11am, so arrive before that. We will be there, but we are nuts. It is the most crowded, but most magical for me.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

i went there for the 25th-1st busssyyyyyyy 28th was not too busy last year and christmas eve wasnt too busy so id say 23,24, 28th.... heh
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

14 - 18th of december.. I hope it isnt busy for us!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    i went there for the 25th-1st busssyyyyyyy 28th was not too busy last year and christmas eve wasnt too busy so id say 23,24, 28th.... heh
    yeah i will second that , the 28th last year was one of the most mild days i have seen at DL , i was expecting chaos

My Maleficent tattoo