Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

IASW [Small World] appreciation thread.

I never could understand the hatred by many people for IASW.
    Last night we rode it and I was awed by it's beauty.
    Now, I ride it a lot, but I hadn't seen this year's holiday version until last night. This to me is the highlight of DL after dark.

So why the hatred?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm not really here

Re: IASW appreciation thread.

Personally, I love iasw! One of our favorites to go on. My sister-in-law(age 10) loves the hula girls. She giggles every time.

As for the hatred, I think the song gets in peoples heads and drives them crazy. No one minds it while they're on the ride... but you don't want that song still in your head 3 days later in a board meeting or something Even the songs writers admit to it being rather insipid in that way. I find a good roller coaster or ToT is good for getting the song out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hooterville, USA

I love the song too! But then again I'm a little deranged.

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I never could understand the hatred by many people for IASW.
    Last night we rode it and I was awed by it's beauty.
    Now, I ride it a lot, but I hadn't seen this year's holiday version until last night. This to me is the highlight of DL after dark.

So why the hatred?
    Hatred is a strong word. IASW is probally one of my least favorite rides in the park. I think the song is monotenous and the scenerey inside is very repetitive..yes they change countries but its not very exciting.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Damn Good Burger!

I don't hate it, I just don't want to ride it. The wife and kids enjoy it though - both versions.

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I love riding it's a small world but after being stuck for almost an hour in one of the little dark hallways with no visual stimulation and only the it's a small world holidays music on a loop I have an intense fear of going back on. My friends and I still twitch a little in horror when we hear 'Deck the halls'. The ride itself is great! The music is...you have to be trained to endure it for vast periods of time or have some other music on hand when it gets stuck in your head.

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

good ride for once a trip after that.... stay as far away from it as possible... the ticking and the tocking and the music dear god!!!
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

When i rode it the first time in July I thought the ride looked very run down and in dire need of repair. I didnt hate the ride just looks like it needs a good freshen up!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

one of the things with IASW is i never rode it as a child because my parents hated it so much , so it was never part of the childhood magical disneyland experience... it does not hold the same special place as say Pirates or The Matterhorn , now i have come to appreciate it for what it is , but i dont know if it will ever become one of those special rides to me

My Maleficent tattoo

• Banned User

Talking Re: IASW appreciation thread.

IASW will always be one of my all-time favorite attractions and songs. That's why I chose to work that attraction when I was still employed by Disney. In addtion, I have heard many different versions of the song and I just love the original soundtrack with the many international variations of the songs.

The song, the repetiveness of the scenes, and the fact it takes up so much space.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it were a little bit smaller world.

• Practically Perfect

I love it, but it's not one of my favorites. You HAVE to ride it at least once per trip...but that's about all I need, personally. It is beautiful, and has a great message...plus there's always something new to look at that you didn't catch before. I just think that song gets a little repetative, and it's not THAT excitting. But, to each their own. If it's someone's favortie ride, then that's really cool. I guess I just have others that I love/connect to b/c of personal reasons, more than I do with IASW.

• That Guy

I don't like it enough to hate it. I just think it sucks as an attraction. I'm sure it had its time and place, but just like an old athlete who cannot preform like it used to, it's time to hang it up.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
    IASW will always be one of my all-time favorite attractions and songs. That's why I chose to work that attraction when I was still employed by Disney. In addtion, I have heard many different versions of the song and I just love the original soundtrack with the many international variations of the songs.
    Looks like we're in the minority on this one. Last night was the longest line I ever stood in to ride it. That's what makes it confusing when I read people's disgust with it.

I like the holiday version, but I think the standard version is getting really, really, really dated. It could definitely use some plussing, and I think it could be done within the theme and style.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast