Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

Something to Think About...Crowd Control Solution Maybe?

What about a wicked cool show in tomorrowland or at the nemo subs at night that would pull a lot of people away from the parades and Fantasmic? I have no clue what it would be, but the crowds would significantly even out if there was an E-Ticket show over at the other end of the park...and at the same time as other shows as to avoid a giant moving mass from show to show. Between Fantasmic, Parades, and Fireworks, the crowds are all at Main Street, Adventure Land, NOS. Something at the other end would even things out.

Either that or they could have character fights at Big Thunder Ranch (under utilized space) where Mickey and Friends could duke it out...UFC style!!!

• It's all nonsense

Re: Something to Think About...Crowd Control Solution Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    What about a wicked cool show in tomorrowland or at the nemo subs at night that would pull a lot of people away from the parades and Fantasmic?
    No more wicked cool shows in DL. It has to be in DCA, or it will not help the crowds.

• Damn Good Burger!

Oh no, here we go again. Hold on to your AP lanyards, this is gonna be another wild ride.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    No more wicked cool shows in DL. It has to be in DCA, or it will not help the crowds.
    DCA? It did more for DL when it was a parking lot.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    DCA? It did more for DL when it was a parking lot.
    I see alot of people saying this and it doesn't make any sense. If DCA were still a parking lot then the crowds in DL would be even worse than they are now. Is it the best park ever? No. Can it be improved upon to take some bodies out of DL? Of course.

If AP's had reason to be in DCA at fireworks time, that'd make a bigger difference than any attraction, show, addition, subtraction, division or bribery in Disneyland would. They make up the bulk of the 9:00 rush that along with the first Fantasmic and Adventureland bottleneck, gets everything clogging up around the hub and NOS.

• ...TWO BITS!

I've been suggesting Tomorrowland should do a laser, light, fog show...

Like people can stake out their spots around & in Cosmic Waves. Observatron could be part of the show. The main "stage" would be Space Mountain. Colorful animated laser projections could be on the mountain while other various music, light, and fog effects are out. Project stuff like Star Tours, TRON, Capt EO, HISTA, Treasure Planet (I know there will be many disagreements about this, but the music is so good , Submarine Voyage, 20,000 Leagues, Carousel of Progress?, America Sings?, etc. Maybe switch off between laser & video projections. Also laser lights streaming over the crowds would be neat. Even lasers shooting out of Observatron would serve a better purpose for this "spinning sculpture".

I don't know about fireworks, probably none. Confetti would be nice .

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I've been suggesting Tomorrowland should do a laser, light, fog show...

Like people can stake out their spots around & in Cosmic Waves. Observatron could be part of the show. The main "stage" would be Space Mountain. Colorful animated laser projections could be on the mountain while other various music, light, and fog effects are out. Project stuff like Star Tours, TRON, Capt EO, HISTA, Treasure Planet (I know there will be many disagreements about this, but the music is so good , Submarine Voyage, 20,000 Leagues, Carousel of Progress?, America Sings?, etc. Maybe switch off between laser & video projections. Also laser lights streaming over the crowds would be neat. Even lasers shooting out of Observatron would serve a better purpose for this "spinning sculpture".

I don't know about fireworks, probably none. Confetti would be nice .
    Well, you can forget about it now. Any good idea that comes along from the general public gets automatically killed by Disney so they won't have to face a lawsuit later over who came up with the idea.

With that in mind, may I recommend tearing out "it's a small world" since it's such a huge property and put in a new E-Ticket way in the back. That'll hide a bunch a people.
    Let the flaming begin...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Well, you can forget about it now. Any good idea that comes along from the general public gets automatically killed by Disney so they won't have to face a lawsuit later over who came up with the idea.

With that in mind, may I recommend tearing out "it's a small world" since it's such a huge property and put in a new E-Ticket way in the back. That'll hide a bunch a people.
    Let the flaming begin...
    Maybe not It's a Small World since it is considered a "Classic" but you can sure do plenety of things with the wasted space known as Toontown and the Fantasyland Theater. Those two paces combined would be perfect for a large, e-ticket attraction or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Maybe not It's a Small World since it is considered a "Classic" but you can sure do plenety of things with the wasted space known as Toontown and the Fantasyland Theater. Those two paces combined would be perfect for a large, e-ticket attraction or two.
    Meh, classic, shmassic!

Fine then, tear out most of TT and put something back there you can keep open 'til midnite!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Oh no, here we go again. Hold on to your AP lanyards, this is gonna be another wild ride.
    Wow, you predicted it. Knew this was going to happen...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Wow, you predicted it. Knew this was going to happen...
    Oh pul-ease, this is nothing. Just wait until everyone logs on tomorrow at work!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Oh pul-ease, this is nothing. Just wait until everyone logs on tomorrow at work!
    Hmm, you have a point there. I'll be patient.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Toon Town: Put an Omnivore E-ticket attraction at the West end of this land...maybe Mickey and the Beanstock.

Videopolis area: Put in a double length(6 or 7 minute) dark ride featuring either Beauty and the Beast or Snow White......or perhaps two shorter, regular length dark rides with both stories.

South of Matterhorn: Put in the Little Mermaid ride similar to the one featured on its latest DVD.

Tomorrowland:

Skyway needs to return but with glass(plexi) enclosed buckets....have two destinations available; one to Fantasyland like before but another over to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot inside DCA.

PRTs to replace the old Peoplemover; extend the track a little to include an optional stop in Fantasyland near It's a Small World.

Innoventions should be shelved in favor of some sort of Stage AA show using the old Carousel theater concept. Perhaps a show displaying homes of Tomorrow(space apartment, undersea condo, etc.)

Take a few more people off the walkways by closing down some of the odv and adding more sit down/full service options: Village Haus could be full service and serve Northern Italian/German menu items. Motor Boat Cruise area could host a rebuild of the Chicken of the Sea/Captain Hooks Galley restaurant complete with Skull Rock dining patio.

You see, not one really big thing will shift the crowds back to the East side of the Park but a few smaller things(ok, some of those ideas are not all that small) done together just may.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• See you there!

Let the flaming begin...
    What a great idea about how to save IASW! Since Disney automatically kills any idea that comes from the outside, even the suggestion of removing IASW should save it! Thanks for the wonderfuls suggestion on how to save IASW.

I hope my discussion on saving IASW doesn't counteract your suggestion of removing it. But which takes presidence here? Your suggestion to remove, or my thanks for a (backhanded) way to save it. Oh, it is all so confusing.

CU@DL (on an IASW marathon)

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast