Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    You are correct... when you first see the eyes of mara those could be steps your going up... but I am positive gibbage is right. I was reading this whole thread just to make sure someone corrected it because if not... oh god I can't even think of what could of happened.
    My wife and I LOVE Indy. I was there in a 2.5 hour wait on opening day that reached mainstreet. Gotta go every time we are there! Not many people know about the falling rats section! The ride is so random, features are also random if they work or not. The falling rats are turned on like MAYBE 1 out of every 10 times I have ridden the ride. Last Sunday they where on without the smoke, so it was just nothing.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    The McDonald's lady was correct to sue. It is wrong that McDonald's had the coffee hot enough to give her second degree burns. That's just ridiculous, I'm sorry.
    I disagree...the coffee has to be kept at a certain temperature to be OK'd by the FAA. It wasn't McDonalds fault that she spilled it and didn't get it off herself in time to deflect injury. Both hot tea and hot soup at ANY restaurant will be served at a temperature that can cause burning if you hold it aginst your skin long enough. Fine Mexican restaurants (like the DELICIOUS "Javier's" restaurant in Irvine) also often heat their plates to a near SCALDING temperature...I could EASILY burn myself very badly if I hold my finger to one of their plates for 5-10 seconds, but I'm not that supid (thankfully). My $0.02.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    I disagree...the coffee has to be kept at a certain temperature to be OK'd by the FAA. It wasn't McDonalds fault that she spilled it and didn't get it off herself in time to deflect injury. Both hot tea and hot soup at ANY restaurant will be served at a temperature that can cause burning if you hold it aginst your skin long enough. Fine Mexican restaurants (like the DELICIOUS "Javier's" restaurant in Irvine) also often heat their plates to a near SCALDING temperature...I could EASILY burn myself very badly if I hold my finger to one of their plates for 5-10 seconds, but I'm not that supid (thankfully). My $0.02.
    I heard it burned her...... "lap" so badly, she lost the ability to have children. That was why she got so much money. But they dont talk about THAT part of the suit.

• The Candidate

From what I have read, McDonald's had been told years before by their coffee suppliers that their coffee was being heated past the optimum temp for the coffee's flavor. Their response was that they couldn't do anything about it because their coffee makers' temperature controls were preset and couldn't be adjusted. The jury used this fact when determining their award. I also understand, that they reduced the size of the plaintiff's award because of her carelessness.

• Banned User

Anyone know what is wrong with the main skellington animatronic? Also are the fans working at all or are they still broken?

• Banned User

Im too excited to read through this whole thread...so is it Confirmed that Indiana Jones is back to its original glory?????? This will make me so happy.

• Goofy is the man

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I was wondering if the did in fact tone down Indy! Thanks for confirming it and YES, it is good news. I always THOUGHT it was a lot rougher then the past few rides. Like the stairs part going into the bridge chamber rattled my bones on opening day, but in recent years you hardly notice they are supposed to be stairs!
    You are going down stairs????

i'v always knew the stairs where there. i have a tendensy to look up or look at the round on rides, but i could never figure out if the staird where just painted on the ground or are they real stairs!!!

• Roar!

My wife and I LOVE Indy. I was there in a 2.5 hour wait on opening day that reached mainstreet. Gotta go every time we are there! Not many people know about the falling rats section! The ride is so random, features are also random if they work or not. The falling rats are turned on like MAYBE 1 out of every 10 times I have ridden the ride. Last Sunday they where on without the smoke, so it was just nothing.
    The problem with the rats is that it relies on smoke to be able to see it, but since so many jeeps go through it so quickly, the smoke never comes back in time to make the effect clear. When you go on the ride early in the morning, it is easy to see the effect because not many jeeps have gone through it. Also when it stops in the dark sometimes, you'll notice that the rats are a bit more clear.

• Minion

I thought Indy seemed more bumpy again as well!

It was two years ago since I last rode it, and last week it seemed like when it opened. I remember one year I wrenched my neck because I had tried to look around when the car swerved and jerked around. After that, I was careful to look straight ahead. Then in recent years I noticed I could look all around during the ride, without jerking at all. You are so right, it is much more fun again! We went through all three doors last week, and the smoke and fire was shooting out of Mara's eyes, and I saw the rats on the last day. The changing program is noticably back as well. I love Indy!

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    I've always known the stairs were there. I have a tendency to look up or look at the ground on rides, but I could never figure out if the stairs were just painted on the ground or if they are real stairs!!!
    The jeep's wheels are always on a smooth surface. It is the top half of the jeep that does all of the effects, such as the jeep drop by the gates of doom, the stairs, and the massive swerves around corners. If you were to ride Indy with the jeep's FX mechanics out of order, it would be the smoothest ride ever.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Minion

OK. After you enter the first chamber, do a left, see indy and swirv around him. The Jeep will slow down, point down and thud thud thud thud thud and then level out and head for the bridge where it makes a sharp left. Thats the stairs. Check it out next time your on. I FELT them on opening day and they are there, I swear it! About 5 steps. But since it was dulled down over the years, if felt more like a lumpy slope then stairs.
    Yes. Hasn't anyone ever heard the first Indy AA ever say to them, "Be careful! There's some BIG steps in there!?" I know I have many times. They're part of the "...left passage! It's the only way out!" Hooray for stairs!

• Minion

Hey anybody know how long these changes have been in place? I was there April 13-14, was it still toned down then? I can't remember the original Indy, so I'm not sure what to compare it to

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    Hey anybody know how long these changes have been in place? I was there April 13-14, was it still toned down then? I can't remember the original Indy, so I'm not sure what to compare it to
    They did this sometime last week, that is why you did not feel it because it wasn't changed yet. This was yet another surprise they had in store for the AP's for the anniversary along with POTC, Jungle Cruise, and HM. Who wants to take a guess what else they may do to other attractions or to POTC when it opens.

Im too excited to read through this whole thread...so is it Confirmed that Indiana Jones is back to its original glory?????? This will make me so happy.
    And yes this has been confirmed. I have gone on it now 3 times and it was different everytime and was WAY better.

I think i remember this when Indy opened: Mara(in the Hall of Promise) his eyes lite up the color of the chamber you when in(gold,purple,blue). Was I dreaming or did that effect really exist, if not I think they should do it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast