Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Year of a Million Dreams - How many dreams have come true so far?

I won a trip to Club 33... well kinda. But it was still a dream-come-true.
    Does that count?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jables View Post
    Nice! I won a bunch of mayonaise packets from Hungry Bear! I think I go to the park too much because I recognize a lot of the Dream Squad members now and I haven't won a single thing! Next time I go should I just drop to my knees in front of them?

They need to see you doing something nice. Buy some balloons and when you see a dream squad member run over to the first kid you see and give him/her a balloon. If they see you they might think you were cool enough to get a pin or something.

• Banned User

This Year of a Million Dreams promotion has not made my dreams come true.

I got a rock...

• "714"

I have not won anything but on the sunday Nov. 5th my mom and dad (and my bro and sis) came with me to DL to celebrate my b-day, it was a dream come true to me b/c my parents have not been there in 11 years and money is tight in our family so getting to go with my family was not only a wish come true but also a blessing.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Minion

Talking Re: Year of a Million Dreams - How many dreams have come true so far?

Wait...my dream did come true the last time I went. My ankles didn't get attacked by any strollers....it wasn't too busy.

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Since we're at it I guess mine came true to! Last time I was there I was able to walk straight through Adventureland without stopping!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Wait...my dream did come true the last time I went. My ankles didn't get attacked by any strollers.....
    That is a great prize, my favorite stroller story, sitting on a bench in the hub area talking to my girlfriend, when someone ran over my foot with a stroller (and I was sitting normally and not with my feet "stuck out", and hadn't moved/shifted in a few minutes), so I look up with this "WTF" look, and the mom gave me evil looks, even though it was HER that ran over my foot for no reason!!!

I lucked out yesterday, as I needed to hustle through the park during the Turkey Cavalcade in the Morning, going thru Fantasyland and the Castle, and the Main Street stores to get the different backgrounds I was looking for. Didn't get slowed down too much, and I didn't run into or push anyone out of my way, if I had to slow down and wait, that is what I did, I didn't try and "batter" my way thru the crowds!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Talking Re: Year of a Million Dreams - How many dreams have come true so far?

When they cancel the fireworks, they SHATTER my dreams.....and no, I don't get a pin for that although they should hand out a pin whenever they cancel the fireworks. Have a crying mickey or a sobbing tinkerbell and on the pin you can put "My dreams were shattered at the Disneyland Resort!"

I got a pin from a member of the custodial staff!

Well technically 2....

• Banned User

I have been to disneyland 4 times since this promotion has started and i still have won nothing.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Ok well I will say that I am defintely a noob to this forum and all, but while im on a random vacation and all... I was at DCA tonight and I got one of the prizes... if you could consider it a prize... It wasnt anything that I could take with me or what not, But I rode Tower Of Terror and we get into our elevator and the CM loads us in and we go up and down the elevator like normal, when we get unlocked and go to exit the ride, the CM tells us to go back to the elevator as our journey to another dimension is not yet finished... he then tells us to get back into the elevator and explains that as part of the Year of a Million dreams promotion we get to learn a little bit about How the Tower Of Terror works and what powers it, the amount of power it takes to run the elevator up there and we got to ride it for a 2nd time... all he said was stuff that I already knew about the ride, but for someone who doesnt know what it takes to power the elevator and move it, or how 2 elevators share the same shaft, it would have been eye opening, but nothing I didnt already know about the ride... but the real treat was riding it twice and not having to wait in line to do it again! And while it may not be a pin or one of those fastpasses I have read about... it was at least part of the promotion and totally caught me off guard! and who else would pass up a 2nd trip on the Tower! Its like my favorite ride in the park... so yeah Its a dream come true!

• Banned User

^^^ Very cool!

I asked to ride Tender at Disneyland and they told me how the trains worked, with me asking! I guess mydream came true too! Well...IT DID! Ive been wanting to ride up front for sometime!

• aka the scorpion eater!

I dont know... It was cool and all... but seriously... I think most of the prizes are going to be small things like that just at random... But you really cant complain about riding tower twice especially bypassing the line and just going back into the elevator... and since its my favorite ride at DCA... you really cant complain about that!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
    I have not won anything but on the sunday Nov. 5th my mom and dad (and my bro and sis) came with me to DL to celebrate my b-day, it was a dream come true to me b/c my parents have not been there in 11 years and money is tight in our family so getting to go with my family was not only a wish come true but also a blessing.
    What a wonderful thing to say! I just lost my mother on the 15th and still am in shock. It is good to see that there are so many others out there tht love and enjoy their families. You hear so much bad stuff that your post really makes me smile. We were going to cancel our DL vacation planned for December, but just yesterday we thought about it and decided that the grandkids and us need a happy place, and where else but DL can fill that need.

So enjoy those memories of that trip, because you are so right about it being a wish come true!

Lady Dragon

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Ok well I will say that I am defintely a noob to this forum and all, but while im on a random vacation and all... I was at DCA tonight and I got one of the prizes... if you could consider it a prize... It wasnt anything that I could take with me or what not, But I rode Tower Of Terror and we get into our elevator and the CM loads us in and we go up and down the elevator like normal, when we get unlocked and go to exit the ride, the CM tells us to go back to the elevator as our journey to another dimension is not yet finished... he then tells us to get back into the elevator and explains that as part of the Year of a Million dreams promotion we get to learn a little bit about How the Tower Of Terror works and what powers it, the amount of power it takes to run the elevator up there and we got to ride it for a 2nd time... all he said was stuff that I already knew about the ride, but for someone who doesnt know what it takes to power the elevator and move it, or how 2 elevators share the same shaft, it would have been eye opening, but nothing I didnt already know about the ride... but the real treat was riding it twice and not having to wait in line to do it again! And while it may not be a pin or one of those fastpasses I have read about... it was at least part of the promotion and totally caught me off guard! and who else would pass up a 2nd trip on the Tower! Its like my favorite ride in the park... so yeah Its a dream come true!

I think that is GREAT! Like you said for some people they know all the backstage stuff, but for others WOW! think of how they feel when they are given a little of the "magic" to take with them. Now if that happened to me on the HM...like back behind the doombuggies in the ballroom, etc. even knowing how it works I would be thrilled!!! and not standing in line again! My kind of prize!
    Lady Dragon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast