Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Star Tours Single Rider?

Ok so i thought up of a good idea for Star Tours in the car.

Ever since fastpass has been taken from star tours, the lines have been getting really long on Weekends (ive seen it 45-55 minutes ) So i thought of a way to bring that ride into the single rider system.

The old fastpass line isn't used anymore(correct me if im wrong). So if Disneland made that line the singles line, that would help keep some ppl from going into the regular line. Now a star tours car holds about 40 ppl give or take. What are the odds that enough ppl to filll exactly 40 seats in order (meaning all in line one group by one group) come along? this would be a great time to use single rider.

This is just a thought, so i would like to hear what the mice chat ppl have to say

Thanks!
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

Re: Star Tours Single Rider?

Hmm, sounds like a good idea to me. Don't know what else to say really.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Great plan!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Sounds better than the hour long wait.

• Knight of Naughtyness

I don't think it would work that well. With the large capacity vehicles, it is easy to juggle people around. If you have three seats left and the next group has two people in the party, they just send them to another vehicle and get the next party of three. Because they are queuing up several cars at once, they have the flexibility to move people around. If they added the single rider line, I think it could end up being a longer wait then the normal line, especially if you have more than a few people in it. Think about it. If they have four vehicles that start every three minutes, or thereabouts, the most you are going to get is four riders every three minutes. Realistically, it will be more like one rider every three minutes. With only 10 people in front of you, that would be thirty minutes.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• white and nerdy

or you could get the nasty single rider wait at Soarin'. It's often longer than the regular wait.

Something about the large vehicle rides... it just doesn't work
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

If the cast member puts some effort into it the chance of a single seat in any flight is pretty low. It is very easy to juggle things around.

• Shubisha

If all 4 starships are working, they should be using both lines on a busy day anyways so there wouldn't be room for the single rider then.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    If all 4 starships are working, they should be using both lines on a busy day anyways so there wouldn't be room for the single rider then.
    that would work too
    Come on you Galaxy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I like this idea. I rarely see open seats on Star Tours.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

i think it might be a good idea... just because if they have 1-2 spots and the next party is 4 people they can take two from the single rider... i like it reallly...
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I've never understood why they don't have more single rider entrances for more of the attractions (i.e. Star Tours [like you said], Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Autopia, Indiana Jones [granted they had one before], Haunted Mansion, Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, etc.) around the park. It would help the lines SO much!

...Joe...
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 11-25-2006 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Adding

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I've never understood why they don't have more single rider entrances for more of the attractions (i.e. Star Tours [like you said], Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Autopia, Indiana Jones [granted they had one before], Haunted Mansion, Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, etc.) around the park. It would help the lines SO much!

...Joe...
    ...space for the queues. Gotta have room for the queue. Letting them up the exit is a bad idea (like they use in some of the rides).

The thing about SR lines is they are easily overused making them potentially long waits to. Everyone here comments like 'well its all groups at DL anyways'. SR lines aren't just for lonely people.. groups who are willing to split up use them all the time.

I never waited in standby for test track at WDW.. just go SR and the rest of your group will be out in a few cycles.

• Circle of Ancients

...Joe...
    i think the actual place u get on the ride (where the single rider would wait) is too far from foot trafic. one of two things would happen:
    1.Nobody would know where the single rider entrance is
    2.Mass pandamonium trying to get handicapps and single riders throught the exit (like splash mountain's single rider goes throught the exit)

Some of those rides like Roger Rabbit and Matterhorn would make sense.

But then again, Buzz lightyear and Haunted Mansion are so fast loading that one empty seat isn't gonna bug anyone
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Minion

...Joe...
    Well, Autopia, HM, Roger Rabbit, and Buzz wouldn't be the best rides for single riders.

As for groups splitting up for single rider, its very true. My brother loves single rider, and when he an dmy kids go, he always says "Let's do single rider!!" We joke that his 3yo had better get used to it, we can already see him saying "OK, just meet me when we get off, we have to ride single rider, its faster!"
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast