• Defying gravity

Lightbulb "Theme Parks Are Very Busy"?!

I was in DL on Wednesday morning (and I wish I had taken pics) and saw a sign that said "Theme parks are very busy." Then we get to the front gate and only a handful of people are in line. Actually, the days preceding Thanksgiving were some of the least crowded I had seen in a while. That morning we walked on all three "mountains" with 15 min. waits. Is DL trying to turn away guests? Were they just testing the sign? Does anyone know if it's still up? Don't they know crowds can't keep us MCers away!
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 11-26-2006 at 10:42 AM.

• Animatronic

Re: "Theme Parks Are Very Busy"?!

Busy with fun activities I'd say!

Maybe they have been getting complains about crowding and simply want to warn people that it might not be a walk in the park.

• Circle of Ancients

i think it was just a warning for later that day.. lots of APs probably came bc no school or work next day
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I was there Wednesday morning and saw the same sign. I also walked right in when I first arrived, but it seemed to be filling up more after 10 am. I don't think it ever maxed out the way they were expecting, but early on, it looked like it was going to be a crowded day. The CM's at the gate were reminding AP holders that they would need a hand stamp as they were expecting to close later due to crowds.

By 9:30 am, we had a lovely line for pirates stretching back past the River Belle...

On my way out, I passed quite a few folks on their way in...

By 10:00 am, here they came!

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe the theme parks just can't get to the phone right now. Indisposed, or something. Just leave a message, and they'll call right back.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

I think it is a similiar tactic like they use for approximate wait times for attractions. It is usually a higher estimate than the actual wait time. For example I have gotten in line for Space Mountain and the sign said 60 minutes wait time and it really only took about 35-40 minutes.

•   
    • Minion

I noticed that the sign by the split between the parking structure and the road was still there, but not programed to warn anyone by Sunday... I didn't enter, I wish I had to hang out with everyone, but I couldn't stay too long.
    Check out my other blog: