Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Peter Pan's Flight--Best Time to Ride?

Im sure everyone has already said this, but I'll chime in with right when the park opens. At least in the first couple hours, otherwise youre destined to wait a while.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Up is Down

if you dont want to wait for 20 or more minutes then right when the park opens.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Unless you are at the gate waiting for the park to open, you're going to be waiting a decent amount of time.

I've been using Ridemax (www.ridemax.com) to plan a trip for 12/8 and it recommends Peter Pan as the very first ride (meaning entering the park at 8 a.m. and no later) or late at night.

On my current itinerary it has us going to Peter Pan at 11:10 p.m. and expecting a 19-minute wait.

• Up is Down

I waited just for fun one night for about 30 minutes and this was like 30 minutes till closing time.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

The lines aren't always a whole lot shorter late at night, but there is just something very magical about FantasyLand at night. I just love it.

• Just Me

The shortest waits I've had have been first thing in the morning on a non-Early Entry day, usually Sunday.

Last year I made a friend and her mother brave the line for Peter Pan. They'd never ridden it because "the line is always so long." Once we got off I asked them if it was worth the wait. They said it was very much worth it, they just wished the ride was longer.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie View Post
    they just wished the ride was longer.
    I know you guys are going to want to pitchfork me to death for this, but I've always wished they would get rid of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (it's the worst dark ride at Disneyland in my opinion) and expanded Peter Pan's Flight. There's so much more they could do with that space!

...Joe...

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Well..........while you wait in the long line, just "think of a wonderful thought.........any happy little thought..........think of Christmas......think of snow......think of sleigh bells........off you go.......like reindeer in the sky..........."

Sorry - always been a Peter Pan fan.
    Awesome! Had to start singing to myself when I saw the lyrics there. I love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I know you guys are going to want to pitchfork me to death for this, but I've always wished they would get rid of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (it's the worst dark ride at Disneyland in my opinion) and expanded Peter Pan's Flight. There's so much more they could do with that space!
    Where's my pitchfork??!!

• I'm A Disney Girl

...Joe...
    I agree I want more peter pan! I dunno how they would expand it considering they do tell the whole story...unless they have you go down into the underground house or something, that would be kinda cool and you can see all the lost boys...and tinkerbell and peter wendy john and michael etc, otherwise I have no idea how they'd expand the ride

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

...Joe...
    I can understand where you're coming from. I've had this reuccuring dream of walking through Peter Pan's gigantic attraction sets and getting lost...in my dreams they're on such a grander scale than in reality, and if that was what it was like...man, I wouldn't mind waiting in line for half an hour to 45 minutes

Of course, I think everyone wishes that Fantasyland had more room to expand. Lord knows Disney has a lot of classic movies that should have a dark ride devoted to them...*coughSleepingBeautyBeautyandtheBeastLittle Mermaidcough*

What I hate about waiting in line for Peter Pan is that last year I had this horrid experience, waiting in line for about an hour, and this baby had a diaper that needed to be cleaned badly and the stench in line was horrid...so for that near hour the smell was filling my lungs. I didn't feel all that great. I can understand that the parents couldn't exactly just leave the line to change the diaper but boy did it reak!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Of course, I think everyone wishes that Fantasyland had more room to expand. Lord knows Disney has a lot of classic movies that should have a dark ride devoted to them...*coughSleepingBeautyBeautyandtheBeastLittle Mermaidcough*
    I AGREE! After they got rid of the walk-thru attraction for Sleeping Beauty they should have started getting plans together for a dark ride or some sort. Beauty And The Beast is another awesome dark ride idea. And as for The Little Mermaid, I think that's been beaten to death already - But rightfully so!

What I hate about waiting in line for Peter Pan is that last year I had this horrid experience, waiting in line for about an hour, and this baby had a diaper that needed to be cleaned badly and the stench in line was horrid...so for that near hour the smell was filling my lungs. I didn't feel all that great. I can understand that the parents couldn't exactly just leave the line to change the diaper but boy did it reak!
    All I can say is man do I feel for you!

...Joe...

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

When I was on college program custodial I got to do a "3rd shift". It had nothing to do with cleaning and everything to do with exploring the attractions. I got to walk through Peter Pan's Flight and have great pictures sitting with Wendy on her bed and leaning on London Bridge. This is my favorite attraction by far and I do wait the 20 - 30 minutes to see it.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    When I was on college program custodial I got to do a "3rd shift". It had nothing to do with cleaning and everything to do with exploring the attractions. I got to walk through Peter Pan's Flight and have great pictures sitting with Wendy on her bed and leaning on London Bridge. This is my favorite attraction by far and I do wait the 20 - 30 minutes to see it.
    can you scan and show us that picture? it sounds amazing

• I'm A Disney Girl

I can understand where you're coming from. I've had this reuccuring dream of walking through Peter Pan's gigantic attraction sets and getting lost...in my dreams they're on such a grander scale than in reality, and if that was what it was like...man, I wouldn't mind waiting in line for half an hour to 45 minutes

Man I'd tell the parents to go change their kid because everyone was suffering

• Banned User

Right after they open up Fantasyland after fireworks, usually about 10:15 or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast