Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Question Christmas Fantasy Parade - Is it time for a change?

Please excuse me if I am bringing up something sensitive. I've noticed that A Christmas Fantasy Parade has been running at Disneyland for at least ten years, if not longer. Is it time for some changes or even a new Christmas parade?

Also while we are at it, since A Christmas Fantasy Parade first ran down Main Street, has the parade run unchanged or has it been modified slightly since its inception?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade - Is it time for a change?

It is still popular, so why fix something that isnt broken? Maybe add something to it but dont take it away.

• Shubisha

It's popular but as a christmas parade. Very Merry Christmas would be just as popular. I don't think there'd be danger of changing it I just don't think they want to put the money in to make another decent xmas parade.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In a word - YES.

It's stale, change it. It's already PC and 'happy holidazed', so it's not like we're going to lose anything traditional or christmasy.

On the other hand, I can picture a clone of that parade in DCA with costumed characters of Kwanzaa candles (picture Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast) and Menorah men and Draidel dames, jumping on a trampolene.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    On the other hand, I can picture a clone of that parade in DCA with costumed characters of Kwanzaa candles (picture Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast) and Menorah men and Draidel dames, jumping on a trampolene.
    Good grief! Block Party Holiday Bash. I cannot imagine anything more painful.

• Fireworks Finatic!

The Christmas Fantasy Parade is old, but they have been changing things out in it the past few years. Biggest change was last year when Santa got an entirely new float. Then in the years before that there have been all new snow-people costumes, gingerbread people and reindeer costumes. Unfortunately, there have been cuts done to the parade as well. I know the float Mrs. Clause is on used to have a third, middle section where she sat in her chair with a toy train going around her. Now there are just 2 sections on that float. Also the Homecoming float was totally taken out a few years ago that had the carolers around it singing Jingle Bells and such. This used to be the float before Santa. So they have been tweaking it over the years. Hard to tell if they will eventually make an all-new parade one of these days. But the current one is still good, I think.

• Neep meep beep

I saw this parade for the very first time in my life last night, and I love it! It's perfect for the holidays and has a little something for everyone. Don't change a thing, I say.

• Colorful

The reason I asked this question to begin with is due to comments made in the TDL forum. Tokyo Disneyland comes up with a brand new parade every Christmas and the comments were pretty much how better their parades were to the stale Christmas parades at DL and WDW that keep being used year after year.

Speaking of Very Merry...I am interested in seeing what that parade was like at Disneyland. I have pieces of the audio from that parade and it sound much different that what Walt Diwney World has been running for years.

• Minion

First off, I love this parade. Been watching it since it first arrived. One change I didn't care for, I preferred Chip and Dale ice skating over Mickey and Minnie..
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Shubisha

I also miss roger rabbit in the toy section. I don't see how Ariel fits into that at all :P (Other than she likes to collect gadgets and gizmos aplenty and aren't these toys neat :P that's not good enough)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Whatever you do, don't take away the skating snowflakes.

Where was I?

Sorry...um....

I think the current parade works very well, and I would echo Froggy's comments above. The music loops nicely, you get to see most of the characters, the kids love it, the toy soldiers rock at the beginning...I think this parade would be tough to beat. And I think they eventually fixed the weird looking reindeer at the end, didn't they? You know...the ones with the 3 foot long tongues?

I think the parade works well, but one major change this year is the time of the second showing: 6:30 pm...which is a taste too early in my opinion. Last year's second showing was at 7:45, which is just right. Why they moved it, I don't know. But, I refuse to rush through dinner just to hunt for a seat.

I hope this is not a trend.

That parade is really meant to be seen at night, and 6:30 pm.....remember you have to hunt for a seat well before that.... really cuts into the dinner hour.

The first showing at 3:30 pm is way too early for a parade of this sort, and you miss so much, namely the twinkling lights after dark.

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Whatever you do, don't take away the skating snowflakes.

Where was I?

Sorry...um....

I think the current parade works very well, and I would echo Froggy's comments above. The music loops nicely, you get to see most of the characters, the kids love it, the toy soldiers rock at the beginning...I think this parade would be tough to beat. And I think they eventually fixed the weird looking reindeer at the end, didn't they? You know...the ones with the 3 foot long tongues?
    I saw Sadako's videos of the parade and was wondering why the Toy Soldiers come at the beginning instead of right before the toy factory unit. Also I preferred those cool reindeer they used to use and still use at WDW. They look more realistic now but that's not supposed to be Disney. Disney is supposed to be imaginative and fantastical. I also liked how the older Snow people could hop around and crouch down like they melted. It was funny and very well done.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The new reindeer look like Bambi all grown up.

• It's all about Theme!

No Way!

Not only is the soundtrack wonderful, but it is also getting new floats which means it is staying quite a while longer. The old parade was horrible.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast