Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Indy Queue Question

    OK everybody knows that on a good day, you can push on the bamboo pole and the spikes come down from the ceiling. But I have heard that right after that room, if you step on one of the diamonds on the floor, the big blocks overhead shake (or something like that). Is this true and if so, which diamond is it, or did is used to work when the ride first opened and now no longer works, or is it just a myth?

    Any answers?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Twin City
    Posts
    9,509

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    Never heard of that. All the ones that can fall are "stopped" by wooden stakes.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

  3. #3

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,294

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    The ceiling in that room was planned to have the bricks shake when you stepped on the stones - but it got cut from the budget before completion.

  4. #4

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,959

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    when it first opened.. like a few month later, i heard rumors of it happening at the very beginning in the first weeks but never got confirmation and don't really believe it.

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    They've never done that. I could imagine that it would've been a budget, though.

    It's more fun to pretend that it's a possibility if you have kids behind you.

  6. #6

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    Hey thanks you guys.

  7. #7

    • careful...i'm contagous!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty
    Posts
    2,111

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    i remember it happening after the ride opened
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Riverside Ca
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    I had an AP when the ride opened and rode it about once a week since opening day. Never happened. The ground is solid concrete and the carvings don't appear to be hiding any sensor.

    Cool idea, but kind of impracticle when you think about how slow the que used to be. People would have been just standing on them without notice so those things would have been vibrating around the clock.

  9. #9

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    The diamonds in the floor are just a design... nothing more.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  10. #10

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    14,197

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    The diamonds in the floor are just a design... nothing more.
    exactly
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.


  11. #11

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    15 minutes from DL
    Posts
    49

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    I've heard sayings that when you pull on the bamboo pole the "ceiling sinks down 2 inches before resting" or "spikes fall a little". I have personally never seen any of these physical movements happen, the only thing being a loud boom from the audio speakers. Can someone confirm if i'm just unobservant or if i'm correct?

  12. #12

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    Quote Originally Posted by BionicSephiroth View Post
    I've heard sayings that when you pull on the bamboo pole the "ceiling sinks down 2 inches before resting" or "spikes fall a little". I have personally never seen any of these physical movements happen, the only thing being a loud boom from the audio speakers. Can someone confirm if i'm just unobservant or if i'm correct?
    This is true but the whole system is very sensitive and only works as a whole on occasions.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    The ceiling moves down more like 3 - 4 inches IMHO, and the pole bends. The audio is to make what little movement happens seem like a whole lot more.

    It resets much more slowly than it triggers, so the next batch of people in the queue don't notice it happening if they are walking in there mid-reset.

    I could be a real geek and bring a measuring tape, and survey the room before and after to see exactly how far it moves at each corner. (Is it true vertical motion, or just hinged at one end?)

    But One, I'm not THAT big a geek . And Two, they might not look too kindly upon people whipping out a 30' contractors tape-measure and measuring their ceilings at each corner, calling out the numbers to someone else taking notes, done while the park is open...

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  14. #14

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Indy Queue Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    The ceiling moves down more like 3 - 4 inches IMHO, and the pole bends. The audio is to make what little movement happens seem like a whole lot more.

    It resets much more slowly than it triggers, so the next batch of people in the queue don't notice it happening if they are walking in there mid-reset.

    I could be a real geek and bring a measuring tape, and survey the room before and after to see exactly how far it moves at each corner. (Is it true vertical motion, or just hinged at one end?)

    But One, I'm not THAT big a geek . And Two, they might not look too kindly upon people whipping out a 30' contractors tape-measure and measuring their ceilings at each corner, calling out the numbers to someone else taking notes, done while the park is open...

    --<< Bruce >>--
    But you would be finding information that Mice Chatters all around the world have been searching for for centuries! *pushes glasses back onto nose while taking a huge breath*

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] The song in the Indy queue
    By Stich626 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
  2. Indy Queue Effects
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
  3. Indy Queue Blueprints
    By Datameister in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 09:51 PM
  4. Indy queue question...
    By MickeyMania in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
  5. New Indy Queue?
    By Ghost13 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 11:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •