• Premium Youngling and

Indy Queue Question

OK everybody knows that on a good day, you can push on the bamboo pole and the spikes come down from the ceiling. But I have heard that right after that room, if you step on one of the diamonds on the floor, the big blocks overhead shake (or something like that). Is this true and if so, which diamond is it, or did is used to work when the ride first opened and now no longer works, or is it just a myth?

Any answers?

Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Indy Queue Question

Never heard of that. All the ones that can fall are "stopped" by wooden stakes.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Special Agent

The ceiling in that room was planned to have the bricks shake when you stepped on the stones - but it got cut from the budget before completion.

• Shubisha

when it first opened.. like a few month later, i heard rumors of it happening at the very beginning in the first weeks but never got confirmation and don't really believe it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

They've never done that. I could imagine that it would've been a budget, though.

It's more fun to pretend that it's a possibility if you have kids behind you.

• Premium Youngling and

Hey thanks you guys.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i remember it happening after the ride opened
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

I had an AP when the ride opened and rode it about once a week since opening day. Never happened. The ground is solid concrete and the carvings don't appear to be hiding any sensor.

Cool idea, but kind of impracticle when you think about how slow the que used to be. People would have been just standing on them without notice so those things would have been vibrating around the clock.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The diamonds in the floor are just a design... nothing more.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    The diamonds in the floor are just a design... nothing more.
    exactly
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Sock Puppet

I've heard sayings that when you pull on the bamboo pole the "ceiling sinks down 2 inches before resting" or "spikes fall a little". I have personally never seen any of these physical movements happen, the only thing being a loud boom from the audio speakers. Can someone confirm if i'm just unobservant or if i'm correct?

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by BionicSephiroth View Post
    I've heard sayings that when you pull on the bamboo pole the "ceiling sinks down 2 inches before resting" or "spikes fall a little". I have personally never seen any of these physical movements happen, the only thing being a loud boom from the audio speakers. Can someone confirm if i'm just unobservant or if i'm correct?
    This is true but the whole system is very sensitive and only works as a whole on occasions.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The ceiling moves down more like 3 - 4 inches IMHO, and the pole bends. The audio is to make what little movement happens seem like a whole lot more.

It resets much more slowly than it triggers, so the next batch of people in the queue don't notice it happening if they are walking in there mid-reset.

I could be a real geek and bring a measuring tape, and survey the room before and after to see exactly how far it moves at each corner. (Is it true vertical motion, or just hinged at one end?)

But One, I'm not THAT big a geek . And Two, they might not look too kindly upon people whipping out a 30' contractors tape-measure and measuring their ceilings at each corner, calling out the numbers to someone else taking notes, done while the park is open...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    The ceiling moves down more like 3 - 4 inches IMHO, and the pole bends. The audio is to make what little movement happens seem like a whole lot more.

It resets much more slowly than it triggers, so the next batch of people in the queue don't notice it happening if they are walking in there mid-reset.

I could be a real geek and bring a measuring tape, and survey the room before and after to see exactly how far it moves at each corner. (Is it true vertical motion, or just hinged at one end?)

But One, I'm not THAT big a geek . And Two, they might not look too kindly upon people whipping out a 30' contractors tape-measure and measuring their ceilings at each corner, calling out the numbers to someone else taking notes, done while the park is open...

--<< Bruce >>--
    But you would be finding information that Mice Chatters all around the world have been searching for for centuries! *pushes glasses back onto nose while taking a huge breath*