Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Feeling LOVED

Most embarrassing moment at Disney?

My son and I were talking about this the other day. My son and I had a day to ourselves so we hit his favorite ride Space Mountain. He was so happy that we were skipping hand and hand when he tripped taking me down with him. I hit my chin and he scrapped the skin off of both his knees. To make matters worse we were both sitting there crying and people were actually walking OVER us to get to the ride. I don't care about my self but to walk over a 5 year old crying and bleeding that's another thing. Finally a couple walked over and gave us water to rinse off my son's knees and got a cast memeber to get us to first aid. But not after being walked over....

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Most embarrassing moment at Disney?

That's horrible! So much for those people being nice at the Happiest Place on Earth. More like wanting to run for Space Mountain.

My embarrasing moment happened while working at the MK at WDW. I was dancing (hopping?) down parade route on one of those big blue inflated balls. Well, they were only made to hold 70lbs and used every day. We hopped on our thighs and rarely let our butts hit the ball. On this day it was close to 100 degrees and I guess I rested for one bounce. *POP* Fell flat on my butt in front of the castle and had several hundred people laughing hysterically at me. I broke the tip of my tailbone and somehow managed to grab the spare ball and finish parade with a smile.

• The pride is back.

Last month, I drove my (rental) ECV off the curb on Main Street. It was after dark, and my vision's pretty bad at night. The front wheels hit the street with a jarring, attention-drawing bang. The two cast members standing nearby didn't offer an "Are you okay?" or any help, but simply snickered and tried to make lame jokes.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

My most embarrassing moment also involves Space Mountain. It happened over Veterans Day weekend, November of 05. We were going through Tomorrowland, and I was trying to keep up with my daughters fiance. He's about 6'2" and all legs... so he moves pretty fast. I was keeping my eyes on him (it was super crowded) when I ran smack dab into one of the short posts over around the giant ball. Of course as soon as I hit it I went face down onto the ground... my daughters friends mom was walking with me so she helped me up. I told them to just go onto the ride without me, while I recovered... (Not fond of Space anyway). Yeah... has some pretty good bruises the next day.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I was keeping my eyes on him (it was super crowded) when I ran smack dab into one of the short posts over around the giant ball. Of course as soon as I hit it I went face down onto the ground...
    Mine is smiliar to this, but I didn't hit the ground. I was trying not to lose sight of my speed-walking husband, while holding the hands of our two children. This was while walking the gauntlet in front of Indy. I slammed straight into a stroller. I was so afraid I had hurt the baby! I apologized to baby and mom -- who said everything was fine. I was so embarrassed! And ouch, my shin! Plus we didn't find my husband until HM.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    My son and I were talking about this the other day. My son and I had a day to ourselves so we hit his favorite ride Space Mountain. He was so happy that we were skipping hand and hand when he tripped taking me down with him. I hit my chin and he scrapped the skin off of both his knees. To make matters worse we were both sitting there crying and people were actually walking OVER us to get to the ride. I don't care about my self but to walk over a 5 year old crying and bleeding that's another thing. Finally a couple walked over and gave us water to rinse off my son's knees and got a cast memeber to get us to first aid. But not after being walked over....

that is just horrible.. for people to just walk over you without helping you and your son..

Friends for life

• Feeling LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    that is just horrible.. for people to just walk over you without helping you and your son..
    so true.....Its amazing what people will do. I was disgusted.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I was 5 and my parents were trying to get me on Matterhorn. I was crying and crying because I was scared of the AS's on the ride. My parents wouldn't believe that I wouldn't go on that but I would go on BTMRR. I must have looked like a bratty kid.

My most embarrassing of all time at a theme park was when I was at Knott's Scary Farm. We were in a maze and there was a strobe light. All of a sudden, I went into a seizure. I've never had a seizure before so I didn't know what happened. Only my friends saw it and all they could do was make fun of me. All I could say is that it hurt like heck.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• love my friends

the most embarrassing moment for me i think was after i went into the bathroom.. i am walking to meet hubby and the girls everyone is just staring at me (hubby and the girls were laughing) i thought what is my face dirty. oh no.. i had a trail of toilet paper attached to my running shoes.. it was about 4 feet long.. sooooooooooooo embarrassing

Friends for life

This is my first post and I have many stories but my best was in the paradise pier lobby (then Pan Pacific) going to get something from the gift shop. I was walking through the lobby ( thinking i was looking real cute in these new sandals) slipped in front of everyone. the worst part was you could hear my legs hitting the tile. And i just sat there. The manager came runner over asked if i was ok. I said yes then proceeded to cry on the way back to my room. My mom said i should of worn my tennis shoes. I did end up with a sprained ankle.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

People were walking over you? WTF? That is seriously messed up. If that had been me I would have been tripping the people trying to step over me... let them see how it feels.

• Minion

Talking Re: Most embarrassing moment at Disney?

I once saw this guy walking around with his camcorder in his hand and he had his arm lowered and was walking and swinging his arms as he walked and he walked too close to a corner wall and CRASH. He smashed his camcorder into the wall and it broke into a million pieces. Boy was he upset and I still get a chuckle everytime I think of it.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Not sure if this is so much embarrassing as it is funny.

In Dec. 2004, we went to Disneyland for my 33rd Birthday (wife, Mom, Dad, sister). My mom rode one of those little motorized carts around for he long treks to rides to rides to rides......well, we all got on Pirates...and she left it off the side. Then when we got off, we went to the restroom over by French Market - she walked there with sister and wife. So, i went over and got her 'ride'. My dad walked behind me with a closed umbrella (was raining off and on) and was hitting me with it saying "Hurry up you slow poke. Move it...." etc and so on. It was funny to us (those things are so slow) but the horror in some peoples eyes when they saw my Dad hitting me with the umbrella and his commands.....PRICELESS!

I was in the waiting area for Captain EO, near the planter, enjoying a little sun. I waited for the pushy crowd to go in so that I could have the pleasue of watching them get coaxed to moving to the end of the seating, while I took my time and was awarded a middle row seat for being patient.

Suddenly, something fell from the heavens, hitting my shirt. I was the recipient of the happiest bird defication on earth. It splattered well and I think I was hit by a hawk due to the splash factor. Several people saw what happened and they had a good laugh. I hustled out of the waiting area, my friends laughing in tow. I cleaned up in the bathroom under the Tomorrowland skyway station, and bought the next available shirt.

I was careful not to buy a Captain EO shirt, lest I get hit by a California Condor. How embarassing.
    Last edited by Triton; 11-28-2006 at 04:56 AM. Reason: It reads better this way

• living to haunt

OK, talk about embarrassing...I am afraid of heights, drops, etc. Well friends of ours ( I did call them friends right?) convinced me that the TOT in DL was not as bad as it looked. I would be fine, no quick turns, just one drop. Well Hubby helped with the pushing "oh honey thats ok if you don't want to go I guess I won't go either", so on I go. I remember NOTHING after the first drop. The next thing I know all the people are getting off the ride and looking at me??? Husband and male friend are standing over me, female friend is standing back looking shocked. I was out cold! I felt like a idiot! Little kids were laughing!!!

Now unlike most of your posts, the CM was a sweet heart, terrified, but great. First wanted to know if we needed medical attention, first aid, anything. Probably was hoping I didn't die on his shift Then once I could balance and stand up wanted to run and get me a wheelchair or something. I told him I was fine I just needed a second to get my legs working. After a minute or two the poor kid looks at us and says " I'm sorry but I have to have you move off the ride so we can keep it going, I am really sorry". You know he was worried about getting in trouble holding up the line. So he helped me to a chair off to the side of the ride in a hallway and that is where I got to sit and get my body back in working order. He checked on us several times to make sure we didn't need help.

Trip to DL $1200, tickets inside $120, making my friends and husband feel like smucks for the rest of the weekend...priceless!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast