Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Star sightings, crowds and DL fun!

Just got back to the Hotel from a great day at the Park today.

We couldn't believe the short lines at the turnstiles this morning. No line inside City Hall, (b-day sticker, now a button) either. Made the noon meet at the Hub and saw some familiar faces and met some new ones.

My son wanted to try his luck at being picked for the Jedi Academy, so we went our separate way about 12:30 (most others had left for ESPN Zone for lunch). He actually was one of the lucky ones to get picked and had a great time.

Wolfy, Wolfette and Pezz Lightyear joined us at the TL Terrace and we went to IASW. Only about a 10 minute wait. Nice job with the Holiday theme (once again). We then caught the Train to NOS to enjoy the HMH. Again, not too bad of a line. Later on, our Jungle Cruise Skipper was Nick. He did a great job and kept everyone entertained while on the journey. The rats didn't make their appearance on our Indy experience today.

We enjoyed lunch at the Blue Bayou, and finished it up with the Flying Dutchman, the Tortuga Trio, and a B-Day chocolate Mousse (split between the 6 of us). Mmmmm good!

As we were eating, a group of about 10 people sat down at the table next to us. I immediately recognized Lorenzo Lamas at the head of the table. As we were leaving, he stepped outside to make a phone call. As he walked back in, I got to talk to him for a few moments. Nice guy.

We then hit the rest of the "E" ticket rides and some others. We caught a few sets of the TL Terrace show, which featured the 80's All Starz. They're fine, but we prefer the SandBox Band. They took a break at 9:15, so we walked over to the front of the Castle to check out the fireworks. Found a nice spot right in front and over to the right. Great viewing even for the little ones.

I noticed some (new to us) lighted directional signs to help with the foot traffic. Seemed to help...

We noticed a mysterious woman getting off of the Astro Orbitors. My daughter said that she looked familiar (as in movie star), but she was highly "camoflauged". She had on a round black hat which was pulled down low, large sunglasses (this was at 10 pm...) was VERY nicely dressed (as in $$$) and had ghost-white makeup on her face. She kept looking over her shoulder to see who was watching/following her. Your guess is as good as mine (and you didn't see her...) hehe.

Oh, I mentioned crowds...As in very few! That, and the company of good friends, made for a very enjoyable day at the Happiest place on Earth!

We've been here since last wednesday, and won't be leaving until this wednesday, but the time is flying by!

Enjoy!

• Senior Minion

Re: Star sightings, crowds and DL fun!

Woohooo! Pirate Mickey and family had a blast. Nice!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Man, I never see the celebs!!
    We were certainly looking though!!
    It was good to see you again
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, normally the kids are the lucky ones to spot the celebs.

I just got lucky this time. hehe

Enjoy!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

It was great "hangin" with your Pirate family and Jedi Academy was a blast! I can't wait to get home so I can actually see the photos. Work work work...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Minion

ooh, I'm so jealous!
    Have a wonderful time, and enjoy all the holiday festivities!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post

We noticed a mysterious woman getting off of the Astro Orbitors. My daughter said that she looked familiar (as in movie star), but she was highly "camoflauged". She had on a round black hat which was pulled down low, large sunglasses (this was at 10 pm...) was VERY nicely dressed (as in $$$) and had ghost-white makeup on her face. She kept looking over her shoulder to see who was watching/following her. Your guess is as good as mine (and you didn't see her...) hehe.

Enjoy!
    I totally want to go and pretend to be a celebrity! Wouldn't that be fun? I could totally do a big hat and glasses and put on expensive clothes! How much fun would that be????

Erika

• Comin' at ya!

I thought I was Jamie Lynn Spears when I went a few months ago...Inline for POTC
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

James Haven (Angelina Jolie's brother), Sam Rubin (KTLA Morning News)
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Tori Spelling (wife saw her - rode in same car on Space Mtn with her, in fact). Vanessa Williams, Ric Fox........

Those are right off the top of my head....

• The pride is back.

Hmmm...notice how you didn't see Lorenzo anywhere around at the same time? I'm guessing this is his alter ego, "Laura Lamas." The makeup, sunglasses, it all fits.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

DL invaded by LLamas!?!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• The pride is back.

Cuidado! Llamas!

Michael Jackson?

(sorry, couldn't resist! )

• my two sunshines

Yeah, normally the kids are the lucky ones to spot the celebs.

I just got lucky this time. hehe

Enjoy!
    You've got that right! Tho I've seen a ton of celebs at the parks - it's usually me saying - That's ummmm, ummmm, whathisname - and the kids tell me who it is - a few the kids that were with us would hide and giggle and I would go up to the celeb and ask if they are so and so - when the kids were younger and watched Disney Channel, quite a few people from there - BUT I've seen Cruise, kids and group - Nicolas Cage and group - Bob Saget and group - a ton more - I went up to, now I can't remember his name! LOL He was on SNL, the Ladies Man - anyways, all the kids noticed him first so I told them to stop pointing and I went up to him and he said no it wasn't him and thanks for letting him go on with his day - it was him and I told the gaggle of teens nope not him - It's fun!

BUT Lorenzo Lamas, isn't he a really huge guy? Almost looks like a wrestler, doesn't he? Does he still have the straggly hair look?

Always makes a day fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Maybe it was Micheal Jackson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast