Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Andrew's 11-26 Update: TSI closed, turkeys, and Indy's breakdown of DOOM!

Today it was just me as I returned to the park after about a month. The park was awash in holiday magic, and not all that crowded... BUT TO THE POINT... enjoy the update!
    Oh, and it's a SUPERLONG UPDATE!
    Comments are encouraged!

So this is an AED in the Mickey and Friends structure…

I can’t help but hear “YYYOOOUUUUUU!! Call 911, and get an AED.” Oh American Heart First Aid training…

The view of the tram area at about 10:30.

All these people are all like “yay Disneyland! Oh wait its cold.”
    Cause it was.
    Yep.

And hmm… Due to the crowds, they’ve pulled a summer on us and moved the Ankle Rammer Rental station out to the Esplanade, er, Entrance Plaza™ .

This place reeks of moms thinking “How many can I add onto my score of ankles todayyyy?”

What do these people know that I don’t? Or, wait, what do I know that THEY don’t?
    Oh yeah, California Adventure isn’t worth its own ticket. Suckers.

And… oh, hello. There were HUGE AND IMPRESSIVE lighting rigs on Main Street by the station.

Hello, I am an expensive light rig. Don’t drop me.

And random blue boxes.

Come on, Andrew, you’re short changing me… BLUE BOXES OF DOOM!!!1

More lights… these are intelligent lights.

It makes you wonder if they know more than they’re letting on…

Green boxes.

OF DOOOM!!!!1

Whomever can tell me what this was about gets a gold star. Or cookie. Your coice.

Pretty garlands. Very Tokyo Disneyland

…without the undoubtably super-awesome technology making it possible. In fact, knowing the Japanese technology gap they’re owning us with, (oh, terrible sentence, that) that “roof” is probably a figment of our imagination, being beamed into our heads through super-cool technology.

My new desktop.

Hello! I’m busy bringing hope and joy of the seasons, leave a message!

A 20 minute wait for Space? Let’s go!

*CUES STARMAN MUSIC….. Herewegooo!dodododododododoodododododoodododododoo dodododoodoo.

D’OH!

I mean, “Annoyed grunt.”

Ooh… it’s a biggie. It got a ROPELINE!

As for the blurring… it’s, erm, to…. For the purpose of… it’s…. FOR THE PROTECTION OF THEIR IDENTITIES!. Yep.

And turning around, I saw Obervatron moving.

Nothing to see here.

…wait, WHAT???

Gah! It’s Observatron… it’s MOVING! IT’S ALIIIVE. Oh, nevermind. It’s not singing. Teh brokage.

Oh hey Space is opened. And… nice line.

Line: You don’t look so bad yourself!

And now… from the Starcade, an ANDREW PHOTO UPDATE CONTEST!!!!!

READY?
    What is under that tarp?

Post pictures for answers, or just put the answer in the thread.

While you folks were lollygagging at some meetup for some website, the Duck and I were chillin’.

Also, any handy “duck-translator” you could find would be spectacular.

I almost went to the MiceChat meet, but then I realized that I’ve got that whole shyness thing going on. Of course, this usually produces a chorus of “NO, We don’t bite… hard” responses. I know you don’t bite! I know you’re a great group of people. I know that I’ve said in about 123920 threads about meets that I’ll be coming. But you know what? Whenever it gets around to it? I just can’t do it… I have no idea why.
    I’m sure you’ve seen that random guy with the “Andrew” name tag, the 24oz. Dasani bottle and the Kodak camera bag around. That’s the one. He always does seem to be around the hub at 12:00 on Sundays. He should come over and say “hi” sometime.
    I don’t know what gets into me.

Oh, hi guys! Enough about me…..
    ON WITH THE SHOW!

So the trash guys are heading out.

Word. We know we rock. We’re like STOMP… but employed.

And now: A PEEK THROUGH THE FENCE!
    It’s a mess back there.

This picture has no bearing on this update. Please proceed.

Another view of the generator.

Yeah, we need MasterGracey or Alan to come in here and show me up.

And… the most bizarre waterfall in the world! It only HALF flows.

The Jungle Cruise needs something that’s THIS awesome!

Up to the Small World Holiday. Can I not be the one to untangle this bear?

Rawr! I’m tangled. Rawr! I’m running out of material.

Side note #2: If you’ve ever wondered how it was musically possible to mash together “Jingle Bells,” “Deck the Halls,” and “it’s a small world” and still manage to sound like a Sherman piece, go on this ride. It’s musically amazing.

Highlighting Casey Jr.’s abysmal capacity.

Here’s hoping they always run two…. Heh.

What are their names again? Flyer and Fryer? Whose choice was that? The coolest ones on that nominating list were… and I can’t remember.

I do remember... CONJUNCTION JUNCTION… What’s your function?

So it’s on to Thunder Mountain, and MAY I PRESENT: THE TINKER-TREE!

In stunning blur-o-vision.

Then it’s into New Orleans Square and… ????????????

???

But I’m getting hungry, so instead of investigating, it’s off to …. Aww! How cute!

Merry Critters, eh? It seems some animals are hanging out at the Brer Bar too often.

On the state of Splash Mountain:
    The poor ride is becoming a (dare I say it?) West Coast version of the maintenance of WDW. A water jet has been shooting blanks (and sounding like a slipping gear) since at LEAST July, the poor 50 didn’t even get taken down correctly, and the animatronics are always a beat or two behind. Today, Brer Bear didn’t even warn be about nothing in the laughing place but the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, and the sets are dirty, and paint is peeling. It always is sad to have an entire spoke of the park out of wack with Splash Mountain closed, but it will sure be nice to see that ride up and running like it should be. The poor thing is in dire need of it.
    Also, maybe it’s just me, but Splash and Space seem to have the most consistent CMs. I recognize them now.
    Maybe I go to much.

And now… TSI DRAMA!
    The island was completely closed for the entire day, as cast members, such as this one, shuffled various people over to the island and back.

Shh! Nobody can see me.

He loaded up with people with these strange devices… then took off after the Mark Twain… clockwise from Hungry Bear

Once more: ?????????????

And… nice hats.

Dogsen! WE’VE GOT DOGSEN HERE!!!

Artsy

Fartsy!

And all too soon, it’s time to go home, but not before a trip over to Indiana Jones!

[ANNOYED GRUNT]

Wait till you hear.

INDIANA JONES AND THE BEST BREAKDOWN EVER:
    This information comes to me from an unnamed source whom is intimate with the running of Indy on a daily basis. They passed this information on shortly after I left the park, as I was very curious as to why Indy had been down for over 2 hours.

At 2:47, Indiana Jones went down in what was usually a routine 101. Today, however, events would be set in motion that not even Indy could predict.
    Indy cycled out, then went 102, moving the transports through the temple, when one transport malfunctioned. It ceased its signal (normal operations), which led to an E-STOP on the ride. Only this time, something didn’t go right.
    One transport ignored the E-STOP command and continued through the temple. As it approached the downed vehicle that caused the E-STOP, the rouge vehicle’s emergency procedures kicked in, and the vehicle turned away from the stopped one ahead. This, of course, is NOT normal operations. SO now Indy had one down vehicle, and one that went rouge, and in doing so essentially jumped the track. That’s not the best descriptor, but suffice it to say the Transport was decisively out of commission, at least until Operations could figure out what to do.
    Indy was down at least until 5:00, when I left. Anyone there also try to take a ride?
    Did it open again?
    It’s a strange tale indeed.

Tree lighting.

A cute affair.

Since he was so popular the first time around… here, for your viewing pleasure, is the RETURN OF THE OLD TRAM.

Call me Tractorface.

Overshadowed by the Tramzillas.

And personally, I think the Tramzillas are better looking any day.

Well, folks, that concludes my update for this trip! The day was short, but Disneyland remained open till 12. I still have yet to see Believe… in Holiday Magic. The last time I had been to Disneyland in the holiday time was November 11 (*shudder*) 1999.

HOPE YOU’RE HAVING A GREAT ONE!
    As always, comments are welcomed and encouraged.
    Or else.

Last edited by mrfantasmic; 11-27-2006 at 08:01 PM.

• Smells like beer

Re: Andrew's 11-26 Update: TSI closed, turkeys, and Indy's breakdown of DOOM!

heh
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Awesome Photos! Thanks for sharing

• Senior Minion

Enjoyed the unofficial story on Indy's breakdown. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
    Thank you for the pictures.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Indeed... there was no one on the ride at the time. It was a 102 situation.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I like your TR a lot, especially the running commentary.

And, yeah, I'm gonna say it....we don't bite! (hard). Had to, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Yeah, we need MasterGracey/Alan to come in here and show me up.
    You mean Andy? And don't feel bad about chickening out on the meet. I've been guilty of that myself a time or two.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i chickened out of a meet in October...it was the sunday of the AIDS Walk so there were only a couple of people there (the only one i recognized was Judimouse) and i just couldn't make myself walk over and say hi.

may my hideous shyness be damned!

oh well, maybe in march
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

You're my new favourite person (for 5 minutes). Great report, photos and text.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• World Traveler

Very cool pics ... thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Very cool pictures and commentary!

The lights and DOOM boxes on Main St. (I think) are there for the Candlelight event next weekend.

I was on Indy last night after 9PM and it was running OK. There was no Rat Projector - which had been looking great the previous 2 times I rode it over the weekend.

What is the Tinkertree? The other end of Tinkerbelle's cable?

Oh, and Al Lutz may have some information on the goings-on at TSI in his article tomorrow. And he may not...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Keepin' it calsteady

Funniest trip report (of DOOM!!!) I've seen so far. Please go back soon!

LOL Everytime someone says "of DOOM" I keep seeing the evil monkey from Family Guy!

Ahhhh... candlelight!
    And the tinkertree is, yes, the other end of the wire. It's a MASSIVE fake tree.
    And glad to see Indy came back online!
    Thanks for the comments, everyone.

• Senior Minion

Great report! As for not making the meet out of shyness ... I think a lot of us have that going (myself included) ... but you should check out the meet on the 10th ... it looks like it will be fun!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast