Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• white and nerdy

Re: Rudeness on the rise at the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    No no.. i didn't miss it, I just didn't comment on it.
    I'll comment on it, because it is the most worthwhile thing to comment on.
    Even with that, I still belive that most people are basically good, many are even kind. Just need a way to work around the ones who are not.
    for someone who is at the park as much as CUatDL to have this perspective... it should be taken seriously.

The problem is we don't see the "them" as real people. Only we are the real people. When we start to see ourselves as the constant target of rudeness and general social illness, then we place ourselves in a victim/holier-than-thou role. The reality is that if we get angry over little things like a spot in a parade or a five person difference in line, it's not that society is become more rude, its that we are becoming more angry.

So... take up yoga or something.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    for someone who is at the park as much as CUatDL to have this perspective... it should be taken seriously.

The problem is we don't see the "them" as real people. Only we are the real people. When we start to see ourselves as the constant target of rudeness and general social illness, then we place ourselves in a victim/holier-than-thou role. The reality is that if we get angry over little things like a spot in a parade or a five person difference in line, it's not that society is become more rude, its that we are becoming more angry.

I did take it seriously - and I read it - I just didn't comment on it. I think there are many GOOD people, but many 'negative ones' as well.

• See you there!

Wow, just plain wow! This is what I was thinking, but you said it so very much better than I did. I don't know about others, but I really, I mean I really am working on the "not getting upset over the Chicken S..., little things in life". If everyone took your advice and didn't get angry over the little things, we could have a much less angry society, and it might, just maybe be a little better place to live. thejoshualee, thank you for your perspective! It makes a difference to me.

Just MHO, YMMV,

CU@DL

Andy

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    Wow, just plain wow! This is what I was thinking, but you said it so very much better than I did. I don't know about others, but I really, I mean I really am working on the "not getting upset over the Chicken S..., little things in life". If everyone took your advice and didn't get angry over the little things, we could have a much less angry society, and it might, just maybe be a little better place to live. thejoshualee, thank you for your perspective! It makes a difference to me.

Just MHO, YMMV,

CU@DL

Andy
    I agree. You can't let the little things in life get to you - but the big things - they are a little more difficult. I agree 100%.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Good points, T-Gel, but I also think it depends on the circumstances. I've been trying to extend more grace when it comes to driving, and the last time we went to Disneyland, we watched two cars battle it out like it was life or death. As far as we were concerned, we let a few cars cut in front of us, and by the time we got to the tram, all was basically forgotten.

But for the story earlier about some lady showing up just before the show, making disparaging remarks about Veterans, and eventually shoving the guy's stuff out of the way when it's perfectly "legal" to save your spot and come back (please don't tell me they would rather have us pee in the street), and THEN making the comment about hoping he gets killed in Iraq...if I had been sitting nearby and heard that conversation, I would have verbally been on that lady like white on rice. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Now...yelling at that nimrod would probably take some of the shine off of my Disney day, but I feel there are times when SOMEONE needs to say something when an injustice is taking place. Cut in front of me, I'll probably get over it. But bully someone at Disneyland when I'm standing nearby and I'll very likely pop a cork. Sometimes severely narcissitic individuals need someone to tell them that they are NOT the center of the universe.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

This was probably said already so forgive me if it was. Far too many of us (myself included) focus way too much on the negative.
    Theres always going to be someone somewhere who isnt happy with something in the park.
    In the end its up to you if YOU have fun or not. Not everyone else in the world.

Flame on.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Flame on.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

cute guy in pic...
    Whats funny, is I thought that when I typed it.
    Last edited by frecky; 12-05-2006 at 04:07 PM.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

He looks kind of warm if you ask me.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

muey caliente

<ahem> sorry, continue with your discussion about the collapse of society, I was momentarily distracted.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post

muey caliente

<ahem> sorry, continue with your discussion about the collapse of society, I was momentarily distracted.
    I expect to see that on my myspace page when I get home

Back on topic :
    Originally Posted by Moi:
    This was probably said already so forgive me if it was. Far too many of us (myself included) focus way too much on the negative.
    Theres always going to be someone somewhere who isnt happy with something in the park.
    In the end its up to you if YOU have fun or not. Not everyone else in the world.

Flame on

• Banned User

used to be a time where you didnt have to worry about people being rude. I tell ya. what ever happened to those times?????

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

***comes in with group bearing candles and chanting***

all we are saying...is give peace a chance...

all we are saying...is give peace a chance...

all we are saay--ing...is give peace a chance...

all we are sayyy-ing....is give peace a chance...

ALL WE ARE SAYYY-IIING...IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE...

(CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?)

By the way, instant karma's gonna get you....you rude people

(leaves room, laying down candles in the rain )

--Barry

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

peace. ahhh if it were that easy.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011