Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• my two sunshines

Re: Rudeness on the rise at the Disneyland Resort

You couldn't be more right on - if my kids played with the rope in that area and you would have said something I would have pulled them by the ear away from the rope AFTER apologizing! For the parent to give you a dirty look was as rude as the kids. I know my kids can be a pain, all kids can be - it's ones that listen to their parents that you can deal with.

As for the teens on the ride, just UGH! I had that happen on Star Tours - after the ride (when my kids were little) I told the teens that they ruined the ride for everyone on there and to go somewhere else - they laughed at me - just rude - I can't stand it.

If I see a gaggle of teens I go to another ride - I won't even put myself in that situation again.

Someone said here to teach Disneyland etiquite - maybe we ought to print out some business cards with those etiquite rules and hand them out

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    I hear ya.....we waited an hour and half the other night to watch the fireworks, we had the video camera set on the tripod and my camera on the tripod we had a fantastic shot of everything right in front of the castle. People kept filling in the empty space and kept mind of the camera equipment making sure they werent blocking the way. About 5 minutes a family came and stood right in front of my camera and then proceeded to put his son on his shoulders. Now ...I wouldn't have minded any other time, but the crazy thing was it wasn't too busy and there was plenty of room on the side of the camera. I asked them if they would move to the side and they did. Once the fireworks started they stood right back in front of my camera and put the kid back on his dad's shoulders.....Ugh....I finally got mad and they noticed this and moved...but wow...some people just don't get it. It seems to be getting worse....what happened to common courtesy?
    So was it the kid being on the shoulder that was blocking the camera, or the entire family? Either way, if there is empty space in front of you, I am going to take it also. It is not rude in my opinion. It is rude to me to put your camera there and expect everyone to stay clear of it for the entire show.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Sadly, it's not just at Disneyland Resort - it's everywhere. In this "ME ME ME" generation in our society, people don't care about anyone but themselves anymore.

You are quite right in the rudeness you were victim too - and beware - it's not just in Disneyland - it's an epidemic and it's everywhere....
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    But those parents should have been watching their kids more intently and kept them from getting unruly.
    Agreed, we have seen this time and time again all over. Disney and outside the parks as well. You can't really blame the kids... you have to blame the parents, because the kids are doing what they have been allowed to do. If the parents don't tell them it's wrong, the kids will keep doing it. So true about the "I can't punish my kids, it might hurt their feelings" crap. Punish the kid now while they can still learn. They are you children and as long as you love them and there is a logical reason for the punishment, they will love you back... and you'll save them a WORLD OF HURT later on when the real world does take them down a notch or two, painfully. I hated being punished when I was little, but I am thankful every single day that my parents taught me how to behave.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Some people just don't open their eyes and realize that the park isn't there just for their own personal use.
    Oh, the irony.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
    Oh, the irony.

Word

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

They must have pumped in crazy air yesterday. While on the HM there were flashes ahead and behind non stop. At the end when I said something to the cm he said "I guess they don't speak English?" That isn't a good reason? Why don't they just stop the ride, music or something cause it was very bright and annoying. There is never anything do when someone messes it up for others. Why can't we ride again without waiting line again.

On JC the cm was bad he had no timing, spoke monotone and at they were also parts with it sound like he was mumbling. (well actual that was good)

I wait in line to enjoy the ride not be tortured, but if your polite you don't count?
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Ok, I think we all need to lighten up a bit when we go to Disneyland. Please remember we are at DISNEYLAND -- not at the Walt Disney Concert Hall! Kids are going to be kids and we have to expect that they are going to act in certain ways, especially when they are excited about being there. (This can go for adults too, sometimes if they are excited or distracted).

If someone is bothering you, just be polite about it when asking them to stop. A person can be rude sometimes when asking someone to stop, and then that begs the question: Just who is the child here?
    Sorry, but I have to part company with you on this one. This kind of behavior from kids, while annoying and often a reflection of some negligent parenting, is one thing. But when adults push strollers into your ankles without apology, or adults push their way in front of you in a line, or adults fail to reprimand their children when they physically hurt you, it's not the "excitement of Disneyland" that's causing it; it's flat-out entitlement-based rudeness.

• Banned User

A few rude things happen on a trip to Disneyland and suddenly rudeness is on the rise? Please, if anything people are more polite than ever. The vast majority of people out there dread getting in another person's way. Every single day I hear "sorry" thirty or forty times. People say it for no reason. I do it too.

The camera light is rude, but they probably didn't realize how much of an impact it had on the ride. Politely ask them to put it away. Are you so frightened of others that you can't request someone to shut off the light?

The teenager thing, yeah it's annoying, but on such a classic attraction as Pirates and Haunted Mansion, you're going to get people who want to narrate along with the ride. It happens. I'm pretty sure many of you who post here provide your own narration in the Haunted Mansion elevator.

The vast majority of people at the park are just like you, they just want to have a good time. It's the few bad apples that make such a lasting impression.

• "714"

I think we have all had DL trips ruined by other people. Grrr...>_< hate that, but as far as the snow fall and how there was a huge rush after ward, you cant help that, a lot (if not most!)of people leave after fireworks. Bummer.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I think its a bit extreme to say someone completely ruined your Disneyland visit. Things happen that we arent happy with, but in the end you (and I mean this as a general "you") are the one who controls how you let it affect you and the rest of your visit.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I think its a bit extreme to say someone completely ruined your Disneyland visit. Things happen that we arent happy with, but in the end you (and I mean this as a general "you") are the one who controls how you let it affect you and the rest of your visit.
    OMG, I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post. Agreed, totally.

• Feeling LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    So was it the kid being on the shoulder that was blocking the camera, or the entire family? Either way, if there is empty space in front of you, I am going to take it also. It is not rude in my opinion. It is rude to me to put your camera there and expect everyone to stay clear of it for the entire show.
    First...It was the fact that I asked politely if they could move to the side. My Child was in front of my camera to make sure it didn't get hit. Not only did they block my view...but my son's view. When he asked them to move to the side so he could see, he was ignored. I don't expect people to stay clear the enitre time, but when it was done deliberate I have a problem with that.
    I pay along with everyone else and I believe it is everyones right to take pictures. I didn't expect to keep the area clear...it's Disney, so whether I was standing with my camera or not, it shouldn't have made a difference...I don't walk in front of someone else and put my child on my shoulders so that they can't see. That's what was rude. I guess that's just my opinion.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    ...... if you see alot of people standing around in the middle of Main Street, looking up and enjoying the snow, why would you need to be such a rude punk and start pushing and bumping into me when you see that not only am I enjoying myself but also videotaping it.
    Maybe, just maybe, they were trying to have their cake and eat it too. ie: They were most likely not bumping into you out of rudeness but because they were watching the snow fall too(while walking towards the exit).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    A few rude things happen on a trip to Disneyland and suddenly rudeness is on the rise? Please, if anything people are more polite than ever. The vast majority of people out there dread getting in another person's way. Every single day I hear "sorry" thirty or forty times. People say it for no reason. I do it too.

The camera light is rude, but they probably didn't realize how much of an impact it had on the ride. Politely ask them to put it away. Are you so frightened of others that you can't request someone to shut off the light?

The teenager thing, yeah it's annoying, but on such a classic attraction as Pirates and Haunted Mansion, you're going to get people who want to narrate along with the ride. It happens. I'm pretty sure many of you who post here provide your own narration in the Haunted Mansion elevator.

The vast majority of people at the park are just like you, they just want to have a good time. It's the few bad apples that make such a lasting impression.
    The light - rude - and yes, you should kindly ask them to put it away. The 'reciting' of parts of an attraction? I don't know that I would classify that as rude - just annoying, but not rude. I just let them have their fun.

What is rude is UNRULY behavior - cutting, saying rude things, etc.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, they were trying to have their cake and eat it too. ie: They were most likely not bumping into you out of rudeness but because they were watching the snow fall too(while walking towards the exit).
    That and well, there are thousands of people in Disneyland. Its hard to pay attention to what everyone else is doing as well as to pay attention to where you are going.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast