Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Rudeness on the rise at the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, they were trying to have their cake and eat it too. ie: They were most likely not bumping into you out of rudeness but because they were watching the snow fall too(while walking towards the exit).
    But if they were walking towards the exit, this means they were walking TOWARDS exJungleSkipper - therefore, they could have avoided him, I should think.

This would be classified as rude, I think.

• I'm not really here

It's not just at Disneyland. It is on the rise. I rarely get any kind of apology any more for anything. People cut in line at grocery stores, no one uses their turn signals any more. The "Looking out for only me" mentality is becoming more prevalent. I have people who will be cutting in and out of pedestrian traffic in the mall, running and they will bump into me and turn and yell at me for being in their way when they are the ones running all over the place. Not an isolated incident, but something that recurs fair frequently. It's sad that it is even starting to creep into Disneyland.

We were waiting in line for Pluto patiently. Two families in front of us. When it was our turn a family who was just walking by ignored the rope that was up and just walked right up to Pluto and basically mobbed him. His handler actually started to physically move them out of the way. And while she was doing that... another family just waltzed up behind her to Pluto. Pluto basically just walked up to us on his own and we did some pictures, hugged and thanked him and his handler who gave us a very frustrated look. It was pretty obvious that she dealt with this kind of abuse all day long. People don't bother taking time to look at see if there is a line, or if someone is in the way... they just go and do what THEY want when THEY want it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I think the rudeness has a lot to do with the way parents are raising their children. It goes hand in hand that if the children are horrible, the parents won't be much better.
    A few years back, Minnie Mouse told me of a dinner service she did at Chef Mickey's at WDW. A boy about 9 bit her inner upper arm while she was about to give him a hug. He said "That's for not getting to my table sooner!" while the parents just laughed. Luckilly, it only hurt Minnie and didn't break through her frail mouse skin. The restaurant manager prohibited the characters from going to that table.

• I'm A Disney Girl

I had an incident like that years ago, my friend and I wanted 3 hours for fantasmic, we got our seats up front and everything, and what happens? 5 minutes before the show some damn lady comes and shoves us out of the way. Me being...well...13 and bitchy...I got into a verbal screaming match with her and told her to sit her kids DOWN so the people who actually sat and WAITED to see the show could see.

I don't tolerate stuff like that...maybe its bad and all...but I dont like parents getting away with shoving people around so their precious children can see something better, it teaches the kids the wrong lesson. Had she asked me to scoot over so her kids could see, I'd have no problem with it.

I'm sorry you had those experiences

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I think the rudeness has a lot to do with the way parents are raising their children. It goes hand in hand that if the children are horrible, the parents won't be much better.
    A few years back, Minnie Mouse told me of a dinner service she did at Chef Mickey's at WDW. A boy about 9 bit her inner upper arm while she was about to give him a hug. He said "That's for not getting to my table sooner!" while the parents just laughed. Luckilly, it only hurt Minnie and didn't break through her frail mouse skin. The restaurant manager prohibited the characters from going to that table.
    Thats horrible, they should of been kicked out for that type of behavior. When I have kids if they EVER hit anyone, esp. those people in the costumes, they are going straight home and having to write a formal apology to the DLR and the person inside the costume for their actions

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

This is HORRIBLE! Do you know that if my brother, sister or myself had every done anything like this, we'd have been spanked. Dad would have marched us to the restroom and spanked us. My parents did not put up with sassiness, rude behavior or back-talk.

It sounds like my Dad was very militant, but he was not. We were not afraid of him and had a wonderful childhood, but we knew our boundaries and what Mom and Dad would and wouldn't put up with.

Children

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

This is HORRIBLE! Do you know that if my brother, sister or myself had every done anything like this, we'd have been spanked. Dad would have marched us to the restroom and spanked us. My parents did not put up with sassiness, rude behavior or back-talk.

It sounds like my Dad was very militant, but he was not. We were not afraid of him and had a wonderful childhood, but we knew our boundaries and what Mom and Dad would and wouldn't put up with.

Children NEED boundaries. For the record - so do Adults.

• Keep that Zebra safe...

Everyone gets edgy about just the thought of spanking their children anymore, but sometimes it just seems some kids really could use it!
    Theres a difference between abuse and a lesson well taught and learned sometimes telling you child "No sweetie, don't do that" isn't enough.

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

Parents are so concerned these days with being their kids' "friends" that they don't discipline them at all. Last year I was having a lot of difficulties with these 3 boys in my class so I called in the parents for conferences. In all 3 cases we talked about how they discipline in the home and they each had extremely lame excuses! They seemed like they were afraid of their children!

When I used to work at Limited Too, a clothing store for little girls, I would be appalled by the kids' behavior in the store and then look toward their parents and understand completely where they learned it from! The parents would knock over piles of clothing and just leave them on the ground!

I went to Chuck E Cheese a few weeks ago for a school fundraiser and my friend and I wanted to play Super Mario Kart. A father kept encouraging his son to play game after game after game even though we were waiting in line. Everytime his game was over, the dad would just put another coin in the slot!

Parents don't teach their kids about respect and common courtesy anymore and it's a tragedy. I try to enforce it as much as possible when I'm teaching. I cannot count the number of times I say, "Stop doing that, it's rude and disrespectful," over the course of a day!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCarnivora View Post
    Everyone gets edgy about just the thought of spanking their children anymore, but sometimes it just seems some kids really could use it!
    Theres a difference between abuse and a lesson well taught and learned sometimes telling you child "No sweetie, don't do that" isn't enough.
    RIGHT ON! I fully agree. I have an aunt that used to 'discipline' daughters with a stern 'finger shaking' and say "No no no. You know you shouldn't do that. Now come here Pretty Girl and sit on Mommies lap."

I USED TO CRINGE! What type of punishment or discipline is THAT?

My mother used to have 3 rules for my brother and I while at Disney:
    1. No fighting
    2. Don't embarass me
    3. Have fun!
    Simple, to the point, and it worked well

The parents are the worst. While holding a spot for my mom and step-dad of veteran's day, I got every nerve tested. The situation was this. We all sat down in front of the castle claiming a nice spot early. My parents began to get cold, so they told me to watch the spot while they went to the coffee cart. My moms backpack and stepdad's marine corp jacket marked their spots to my right. Of course, this gap invited everyone and their stroller to try and squeeze through the people sitting along the curb. I don't understand why they could go through the cleared walkways, or even give a simple "excuse me." Nope, they just trampled over backpack, Marine Corp jacket and all. On veteran's day. Then came two mothers with strollers. Now I use the term mothers only in the technical sense since both were only 19 abouts and had their "little pimp" decked out in all the coolest clothes. He could even recite rap lyrics, such talent!.

Well, these two parents began to kick aside my parents things so they could sit in their spot. I told them that the spot was reserved and they would be back from getting coffee any momment. I was then treated to a broken-english tirade about how you can't save spots and I'm just a fat liar. I showed them my stepdad's marine corp jacket, and they responded "I don't give a (explative) about the army. This is my spot and he can go die in Iraq." With that they sat in the spot and placed the double-wide stroller right in front of me. "Hope you can see alright, *%#%!"

So yeah. If even a vet can't get respect on veterans day, what hope do we have for the rest of us?

P.S. And where was the crowd controlling CM? Prentending not to notice. Firework CMs have never ceased to dissapoint me in their lack of action. Especially when someone is standing at the front of the no-standing section.

I can't believe you didn't explode at those girls. To disrespect someone who served this country and then say what they did. I would have proceeded to sit with my legs across the area where the jacket was. Of course I'm not quite 5' so it still would have been cramped quarters.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    The parents are the worst. While holding a spot for my mom and step-dad of veteran's day, I got every nerve tested. The situation was this. We all sat down in front of the castle claiming a nice spot early. My parents began to get cold, so they told me to watch the spot while they went to the coffee cart. My moms backpack and stepdad's marine corp jacket marked their spots to my right. Of course, this gap invited everyone and their stroller to try and squeeze through the people sitting along the curb. I don't understand why they could go through the cleared walkways, or even give a simple "excuse me." Nope, they just trampled over backpack, Marine Corp jacket and all. On veteran's day. Then came two mothers with strollers. Now I use the term mothers only in the technical sense since both were only 19 abouts and had their "little pimp" decked out in all the coolest clothes. He could even recite rap lyrics, such talent!.

Well, these two parents began to kick aside my parents things so they could sit in their spot. I told them that the spot was reserved and they would be back from getting coffee any momment. I was then treated to a broken-english tirade about how you can't save spots and I'm just a fat liar. I showed them my stepdad's marine corp jacket, and they responded "I don't give a (explative) about the army. This is my spot and he can go die in Iraq." With that they sat in the spot and placed the double-wide stroller right in front of me. "Hope you can see alright, *%#%!"

So yeah. If even a vet can't get respect on veterans day, what hope do we have for the rest of us?

P.S. And where was the crowd controlling CM? Prentending not to notice. Firework CMs have never ceased to dissapoint me in their lack of action. Especially when someone is standing at the front of the no-standing section.
    THIS IS HORRENDOUS. I'm burning up inside. I cannot CANNOT believe that someone would say something like that. What is more, those US Marines are over fighting so that idiot has the freedom to say what they want to say!

THAT FRIES MY FANNY BIG TIME!

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I would exploded at that as well or if I had managed to keep my fiery temper in check (doubtful >.<) I would have marched over to a CM and demanded something be done! As to what I would have said/done to those people well...hmph some things I'm just glad I'm not around to witness.

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast