Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• World Traveler

Expensive Delivears charges

I just callled Disneyland Delivears to place an order for a collectible and they wanted $91.00 in shipping alone. I thought that was ridiculous and did not place the order.

Short of me flying out to California myself, does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of calling the Disney Gallery tomorrow. Maybe they will have a different policy. What urks me is that if I had bought it on DisneyShopping.com, I would have gotten free delivery.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Expensive Delivears charges

What collectible is it? Was the shipping high because its a large or delicate item?

Shipping is a ripoff no matter where or how you get it, its just a price you pay for good art and merchandise.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I just callled Disneyland Delivears to place an order for a collectible and they wanted $91.00 in shipping alone. I thought that was ridiculous and did not place the order.

Short of me flying out to California myself, does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of calling the Disney Gallery tomorrow. Maybe they will have a different policy. What urks me is that if I had bought it on DisneyShopping.com, I would have gotten free delivery.
    The gallery will ship via DelivEARS. What was the item? I have paid a little more than that to ship some framed artwork.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Comin' at ya!

I agree. I bought something and it was over 50 bucks to ship to washington!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Still wants to be a cat!

I know shipping a "Big Fig" from the DL Resort to 2.4 miles down the road is around $70.00 (I asked, just because I was curious).....has to be a better way!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Disneyland Cast Member

Disneyland shipping is based on the price of the item. So if you buy say a Jose Hess diamond Mickey ring the shipping will be high because it is an item over $4,000 even though it may only weigh a couple of ounces. And then another policy that hikes up the price is that Disneyland will not ship anything over $100 by ground UPS because UPS will only insure to $100. This means a $125 big fig has to be shipped via the more expensive 4 day Fed Ex. It is all figured out by the registers when you enter the shipping code. It has nothing to do with the size or weight of the item. It doesn't make sense but it is the way they have always done it. Go figure.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
    Disneyland shipping is based on the price of the item. So if you buy say a Jose Hess diamond Mickey ring the shipping will be high because it is an item over $4,000 even though it may only weigh a couple of ounces. And then another policy that hikes up the price is that Disneyland will not ship anything over $100 by ground UPS because UPS will only insure to $100.
    Actually, I ship everything UPS ground, and I add insurance above $100. It costs a little more, but not as bad as shipping 3-day express, 2 day, or overnight. (Or worst of all, same day!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Wow I think I need to call DelivEars and find out how much it will be to ship the item I want before I go ahead and make the order. My sister loves that Mickey-ronni and Cheese Boxed stuff and I can't find it in the parks anymore and they told me to call them. I hope it won't be too expensive.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Just Me

For some reason, I don't think they can/will ship food items.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl View Post
    For some reason, I don't think they can/will ship food items.
    You're right, they won't. I tried last week.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Not Even if its just like dehydrated pre-packeged Mac and Cheese Just like the Kraft Blue Box? I don't know how else I am gonna be able to get that then... GRRRRR...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• World Traveler

It was one of the Olszewski pieces. What I don't understand is why it costs so much to buy from Delivears, but Disneyshopping.com would have free delivery!

• Disneyland Cast Member

Because disneyshopping.com needs the business. Why else do they always email discount codes to people on their email list. The mark up on Disney products are so high that they can offer discounts and still make a profit. This Holiday Season Company D is offering their merch which is marked down by 50% or better to Cast Members during the Family Holiday Party week with their 20% or 35% Cast discount on top of the low prices and still making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Wow I think I need to call DelivEars and find out how much it will be to ship the item I want before I go ahead and make the order. My sister loves that Mickey-ronni and Cheese Boxed stuff and I can't find it in the parks anymore and they told me to call them. I hope it won't be too expensive.
    If its not in the park, DelivEars will not have access to it. Furthermore they won't ship food products. Since your local, I would suggest periodically checking out World of Disney and/or Markethouse on Main Street.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• World Traveler

Just to update everyone ... I ended up buying this on ebay ... even paying less than if I'd purchased it directly from Delivears ...

Sorry Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast