View Poll Results: Do you feel the "magic" is ruined by seeing backstage and exclusive location photos.

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I feel the "magic" is ruined when I see pics that Disney wants kept secret

9 9.28%
  • No, I like seeing the stuff behind the scenes and the exclusive photos too.

84 86.60%
  • I'm indifferent about the subject. Where can I get a churro around here?

4 4.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Poll-Do backstage/Disneyland "exclusive" location photos ruin the "magic" for you?

Does seeing pictures of backstage,pictures of Club 33,Walt's Apartment, or inside the Lillybelle, or any other exclusive Disney location ruin the Disney "magic" for you?

OR

Do you enjoy seeing all of the aforementioned pictures on trip reports?

Here's your opportunity to vote and comment.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Poll-Do backstage/Disneyland "exclusive" location photos ruin the "magic" for you

I LOVE these pictures. I'm all about both the magic of Disneyland and the magic behind Disneyland. It's all so fascinating when I can think about these things, then see them in a picture. There's so much stuff to see, it can't possibly ruin the magic. Instead, it makes it more magical to know so much work went into it.

• no flash photography...

Re: Poll-Do backstage/Disneyland "exclusive" location photos ruin the "magic" for you

magic?,,,ummm...no, it does not ruin the magic....of course I'm hard prssed to find anymore magic in DL that I would find anywhere else, but whoever thought of that advertisment compaign hit on a winner.

• Grumpy old man

I enjoy seeing backstage and exclusive photos. One of my biggest loves is knowing how things work and how they got there and seeing that side of Disney is really fun.

• Still wants to be a cat!

If I can't go myself....what better way to take a peak. No magic ruined here!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I work in a theater backstage, and theater is still just as enjoyable to me as to anybody else.

Seeing Disney backstage is just amazing, all the things that come together to make the front picture for us. I love it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

I'm really interested in the business side of theme parks, so peeks into the backstage business end of the parks always fascinates me. Keep 'em coming!
    Rick

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

The backstage stuff really makes it for me. It's not just about the "on stage" aspect of the park but everything that goes on behind the scenes that really makes it amazing!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• I Love Disneyland!!

I love it! I want to see everything I am unable to do/see myself... and it gives me something to hope for in the future!

I love Disneyland!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

I love backstage stuff as much as the rest of y'all, but I think that those of us who like to see it are a minority in the scheme of things. The only people I know who like to see backstage pictures and such are those who are nuts about Disneyland, and a few children (with AP's). I'd venture to say that the average tourist is not so into backstage life.

I'll agree that I'm not your average tourist. I do love to see it though.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Show Me The Pictures - but feel free to "Spoiler Tag" the thread for the people who don't want to see them.

I'm an Electrician so I know basically how they're doing it, and I've put together Haunted House tech gags that are cobbled together on a shoestring budget but manage to be totally convincing.

It's fun to see a finished effect, take a guess at how they did it, and then have a chance to see how close my 'educated guesses' are to reality. And they're usually pretty darned close.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Club 33, Walt Disney's apartment, and the "Lilly Belle" are great. Backstage is a cesspool.

Disney doesn't care about pictures that are taken in any of the former places, but the company does care about images captured of the latter. So, by the way that the question is worded, my answer would have to be "no" since the original poster does not distinguish between backstage and on-stage pictures.

Pictures of backstage definitely do detract from the magic of The Magic Kingdom, however; the artists responsible for the place never intended views of these areas to be available to the public. And, the fewer people that are forced to see them, the better the situation will be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Wow, not much of a competition is there? It really wouldn't bother me. I'm just plain curious..
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I love the pictures. I've been all around backstage, onstage, inside TDA, all around, and I can still walk on Main St. and feel that special "magic". My friends who have worked there for years and up at WDI say the same thing. It's so different and hard to describe - I certainly don't feel it at DCA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM