Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• living to haunt

Cast Member Thank You Comments

Maybe this is not the right place to post this but if not someone will let me know. I know that over the years most of us have been in line at City Hall on Main St. to complain about a CM not having lived up to the Disney standard, as we see it anyway!!

Well I think sometimes we forget to stand in that line at City Hall and leave a positive report on a cast member. When I go in either to yell or smile I always ask for a boss person. Hey why take it out on the poor kids at the desk they don't get paid enough for that. I will never forget the first time I told the boss person that came out that I had a compliment about one of thier CM's. I thought she was going to fall over. She wrote all the info down and said she would make sure that this CM was thanked.

So please this holiday season when you are at DL, and by the look of the list Mellonballer is posting there are going to be a ton of us there, remember the good CM's and stand in line a few minutes to let the powers that be know that they have gone the extra mile to make your visit special. IMHO it is worth it!

So to all you CM's that are going to be there in December and are working your tails off to make our Christmas time a little happier ....
    THANK YOU!

Lady Dragon

• Disney Gram

Re: Cast Member Thank You Comments

I agree...take the time to say Thank You!! And, if the lines are long at City Hall, you can email guest relations with your accolades. I have always gotten a response when doing this.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

It still ticks me off that you can't just zip in, grab a card off a desk, and leave your comments. I've wanted to leave GOOD comments several times but honestly have had to leave as I'm usually running late when I leave. I think human nature dictates that people will stand in line to get disabled passes or to complain, but to ask someone to stand in line for half an hour at Disneyland when their day is quickly evaporating cuts down tremendously on the POSITIVE feedback they could be getting. The last time I tried this, the line was out the door and a good distance down the steps going all the way into the parade crowd.

Come on Disney! If you REALLY want to hear what we have to say, structure it so that the COMMENT CARDS ARE OUT WHERE WE CAN JUST GRAB ONE AND HAVE A BOX WHERE WE CAN DROP THEM OFF!

If we REALLY want to talk to a plaid CM, we'll stand in that line. WHICH, by the way, would easily be cut in half if the cards were accessible.

I just don't get it.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    It still ticks me off that you can't just zip in, grab a card off a desk, and leave your comments. I've wanted to leave GOOD comments several times but honestly have had to leave as I'm usually running late when I leave. I think human nature dictates that people will stand in line to get disabled passes or to complain, but to ask someone to stand in line for half an hour at Disneyland when their day is quickly evaporating cuts down tremendously on the POSITIVE feedback they could be getting. The last time I tried this, the line was out the door and a good distance down the steps going all the way into the parade crowd.

Come on Disney! If you REALLY want to hear what we have to say, structure it so that the COMMENT CARDS ARE OUT WHERE WE CAN JUST GRAB ONE AND HAVE A BOX WHERE WE CAN DROP THEM OFF!

If we REALLY want to talk to a plaid CM, we'll stand in that line. WHICH, by the way, would easily be cut in half if the cards were accessible.

I just don't get it.
    Good point! If say the eateries, or shops, had them somewhere so you could ask for them. I know just setting them around they would get picked up and thrown on the ground, but in locations you could find them would be nice. That way when you tell a CM...hey good job...they can say ...run over to the shop there and fill out a card and let them know I did good.
    So OK Disney, we know you read this stuff, get er' done or us chatters will!

Lady Dragon

those positive comments are great for these reasons:

• an official Guest Compliment is typed out and presented to the CM
    • becomes a permanent part of the CM's personnel file
    • is used in evaluation during CM's annual performance review
    • reinforces CM's focus on safety and courtesy
    • provides Guest satisfaction
    have you hugged a CM today?

• Disney Gram

Another thing I do, besides making sure to let Disney know a CM went above and beyond, is to make little CM Appreciation Cards before my trip to hand out to CM's who have helped make my visit special. That way they get some "instant" recognition also.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by ssturgeo View Post
    Another thing I do, besides making sure to let Disney know a CM went above and beyond, is to make little CM Appreciation Cards before my trip to hand out to CM's who have helped make my visit special. That way they get some "instant" recognition also.
    Great idea!! I will do that! also make one that I can write their name on and what they did to hand in at the office~
    thank you for this great thought

Lady Dragon

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo View Post
    those positive comments are great for these reasons:

• an official Guest Compliment is typed out and presented to the CM
    • becomes a permanent part of the CM's personnel file
    • is used in evaluation during CM's annual performance review
    • reinforces CM's focus on safety and courtesy
    • provides Guest satisfaction
    have you hugged a CM today?

That is good to know! I always hoped that it did some good for the cast member. The CM's make the park what it is.
    LD

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I've actually stopped and taken the time to ask a CM all their info so I could leave them a compliment and when I went in and filled everything out they told me they couldnt take the compliment because I had too much information about the CM. (I think they may have thought I was a friend or relation or something!) I felt really bad that I couldnt leave detailed compliments on such a great CM.

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I waited for half and hour to file a compliment. Everyone else is there was complaining. I was patient. When I got there to say I wanted to give a compliment. The CM gave a sigh of relief and said, "Thanks, we need more of those." There were like 5 or 6 people giving complaints when I was there and only 1 compliment. I should have given the CM at City Hall a compliment now that I think about it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Blog Entries

I don't know about the parks but at the PPH if the CM recieves 10 comment cards in a three month period they get invited to a party. I always take the extra time to leave compliments because I really feel hard work should be acknowledged. I love the idea that you gave ssturgeo about the personal comment cards. I am gonna have to think of something of my own to print out because I just absolutly love that idea.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• I'm not really here

Another great thing to do in addition to the comment cards, is to smile and say thank you to the CM's. We've found that it really brightens their day to know that someone appreciates what they are doing, even if it is just checking your over-the-shoulder restraining device. And we've often times found that they remember us when we come around to get off the ride and they'll usually ask us how the ride was, or if we enjoyed it. Late at night, there have been times when we've been offered a second ride.

Fill out those cards, but don't forget to let them know personally that you appreciate them. That makes just as much difference and can change a bad day into a really good one for them quickly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Whenever we feel as though we have gotten really great service from a CM or just a CM made us feel good, we always make sure to stop by City Hall on our way out of the park to put in a good word for this CM.

People are always willing to comment when someone has 'done wrong' but rarely do they stop to put in a "GOOD WORD" for someone.

A couple of particular ladies we know of are CM Ruth and CM Kathy in the Timepieces Store on Main Street. Haven't seen Kathy in awhile, but these ladies are awesome! We always drop a 'good word' for them when we can. Not sure if I should mention their names here, but shoot, in case you see them, you'll be sure to get help from them - as they are AWESOME! WE love them. We actually just drop in to say hello to Kathy whenever we can....it's at that level now. When you have a 'relationship' of sorts with a CM, it just makes your trip and future trips that much more 'special'. It really does.

Thank you CM's - those special ones of you that Go that Extra Mile to make us guests feel like you're happy to see us!

Thank you!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

If for some reason you can not get to City Hall, you can always send a compliment to a cm via email through Disneyland's web site.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rock Star Minion

Quick word of caution: If the CM broke any rules (or spent company money) to make your day more magical, don't go into those details.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast