Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• n/a

My Space Mountain Experience (Pics w/ lights on)

So, I was enjoying the park on Sunday, nearly a full day. At 9pm I decided I would wrap it up by using my Space Mountain fastpass. Everything normal up until the time of loading.

I was seated in the 2nd row, behind me were seated 4 foul mouth teens. In particular a girl seated directly behind me. As soon as she sat down all I heard of "F--- this sh--! I'll punch that bit-- in the face! F--- Disneyland! This isn' the f---ing happiest place on Earth!" and so on and so forth. I really wanted to say something, but decided just to keep to myself. During the entire ride all I could hear was her flapping her jaw. Although, in the background I kept hearing an annoucement being made.

With 2 turns left to go our train came to a stop. They annouced for us to remain seated and the lights came on.

Then she started spouting off some more! Including some remarks towards myself for being lame enough to take pictures. About 5 minutes later a couple cast members came out and told us that they were going to push us down the track. So they did and we coasted into the station w/ the lights on.

They told us that we could go on again w/out waiting in line. The girl behind me so was vulgar I almost didn't bother. But I did. We rode the ride as it was meant to be and as we pulled in there was a security gaurd at the station. "Oh good" I told myself, "I'm going to meant these kids behind me." (Note: they were saying things that REALLY don't need to be said near anyone, let alone kids... and she mentioned that she was going to knock someone out). But before I could get out they told them to get out and they were dealt with accordingly. I really wanted to stick around and find out what happened...

Well that's my Space Mountain experience.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• I'm A Disney Girl

Re: My Space Mountain Experience (Pics w/ lights on)

I mus say you have more tolerance then I do when it comes to matters like that, I would of told her to STFU and i would of told the CM the first time around that the potty mouth needed to be dealt with accordingly <----SOOOO doesnt tolerate that

• Banned User

those loops don't look ready yet... isn't it like a month or so left till Rockin' overlay?

YAY for problems..

YAY for safeness..

YAY for the vulgar language people getting taken care of.

• Minion

Hats off to Disney security for taking care of those foul mouthed kids! And hats off to you for keeping your cool and making the best of a bad situation.

• Shredder

Well... I think it's not bad to curse every once in a while when you're in a really bad mood or maybe when you've just hit your thumb with a hammer or something.... but never at the happiest place on earth!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

Quote Originally Posted by ladydiamond View Post
    I mus say you have more tolerance then I do when it comes to matters like that, I would of told her to STFU and i would of told the CM the first time around that the potty mouth needed to be dealt with accordingly <----SOOOO doesnt tolerate that
    Amen! I would have done exactly the same thing! That girl was way out of line! You didn't say how old you thought she was, but I'm guessing rather young.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I see this more often than i'd like too. There are some people in the "new generation" thats becoming more and more disrespectful, especially in public and sacred places (such as DL) where there is no respect or consideration of their surroundings. The foul language, and the 'mouth of a sailor' they exhibit is truely uncalled for. I wish we were back in the old days sometimes where they'd cut their tounges off for behaving in such a rude and inhuman manner.

It's becoming more and more common, not only for the kids we see these days, but for a lot of people who use the "F" word regularly or any other obscenities...especially at DL where you have innocent children trying to enjoy the magic and the fun of DL.

Actually...I hope the security gaurds did cut their tounges off...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Well I wouldn't just say it's just teenagers. I hear adults curse all the time at DL. But what age or not, foul language like that should not be tolerated anywhere. That's great of you for keeping your cool so you can enjoy yourself. I think she wanted you to react to her comments, but you didn't. Good job!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    It's becoming more and more common, not only for the kids we see these days, but for a lot of people who use the "F" word regularly or any other obscenities...especially at DL where you have innocent children trying to enjoy the magic and the fun of DL.
    I know, and it's sad really. We have the most descriptive language on Earth, and the only words a growing number of people can think to use are obscenities. I asked a teenager who was going off once why she did that and she told me, after a few choice words about my daring to ask her, that it made her cool. Where do teenagers get these ideas... that it's cool to curse every other word. They weren't even upset and were talking about stuff at Disneyland, but were just throwing in words all the time "to be cool"! Yeah, I curse when I'm upset, but it's not a stream to make even Jerry Springer blush. And I certainly don't just use words when I'm talking happily about Mickey Mouse.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Where do teenagers get these ideas... that it's cool to curse every other word.
    Because they're morons with a very small vocabulary. I take solice that those types of people will be serving me a big-mac very soon.

• Shubisha

I get the feeling that those guests had a run-in with a CM right before getting on the ride and it led to the security guards being called in. Would explain what they were going on about the moment they loaded.

//If you wanna go at it with a CM be my guest just so long as you say hi to bob the security guard on the way out =D

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladydiamond View Post
    I mus say you have more tolerance then I do when it comes to matters like that, I would of told her to STFU
    Their cussing is making you mad, so your response to them is to tell them to STFU?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

Yay for Disneyland Security taking care of that hostile person threatening another person. She doesn't deserve to be there.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Just splashing around...

I'm glad to hear that they are taking some control over inappropriate behavior in the park.

This brings up a related issue that bothers me pretty much every time I am there - people who wear T shirts with rude and vulgar sayings, that are offensive enough just out on the street and are completely inappropriate at Disneyland. I'm not saying we should go back to the times of enforcing a specific dress code, but maybe there should be some sort of standard that is upheld? Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

• Grumpy old man

Cool pictures, I'd love to see Space Mountain with the lights on.

And as for the ongoing cursing discussion, here is a point of view from a 19 year old who does swear like a sailor when with friends. It was just the way I grew up. Cursing was really fun and cool during my elementary and middle school years. It became a habit, a bad habit most of us realized really early on and actually tried to stop ourselves a couple times, but it just becomes ingrained in your mind. Add to that the culture of the 90s, the music we listened to, etc and you got a bunch of foul mouthed kids. I won't say Ive stopped, I haven't. If I'm with friends my own age or close to my age, the F word is the perfect descriptor. But I've learned to control and not use such words around people I don't want hearing them, such as my parents, family, small children and Disneyland guests

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast