15 29.41%
  • Both are equal

7 13.73%
  • None!

2 3.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Post Walt Jr's Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom: Tomorowland

Well, my first of the Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom Series. Which Tomorowland is better??? You Decide.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Walt Jr's Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom: Tomorowland

Well, I have to vote for Disneyland's, although frankly right now they both suck potatoes.

The CA Space Mountain is much better, and we're getting subs again. Buzz Lightyear is better here as well.

But WDW's Magic Kingdom has a functioning "People Mover." If they still had Alien Encounter I might be swayed to vote for them. But Stitch's Great Escape is a negative.

So the difference is slight to me. There's room for improvement on both camps.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Let's see...Magic Kingdom tore out it's Sub ride and lagoon in order to replace it with a playground for two-year olds. While, Disneyland will soon open a brand new e-ticket, special effects laced Sub ride that is certain to become a favorite for the entire family. DL's Buzz interactive dark ride / game is superior to its older MK counterpart. Incredibles baced tilting, rotating PeoplePods will traveling the former PM track at DL. WDW looks to be locked in to the far less kenetic Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

DL's Tomorrowland is Lightyears ahead of MK in every respect.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm voting for Disneyland because of the aesthetic feel of CA's is so much nicer. Disneyworld's Tomorrowland is so cold and uninviting for some reason. I just don't like how it looks.

As far as rides go, I like that they have Astro Orbitor and the Transit Authority, but that's about it.

Our Space Mountain is better, we've got subs, we have the better Buzz, and the original STAR TOURS. That's like 2 E-tickets in one land!

Their autopia or speedway is boring too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I have to vote for WDW's Tomorrowland, although I may be extremely biased since I do work there. However ask yourself these questions before you vote... TTA or an empty track? CoP or Innoventions? Rocket Jets where they are meant to be or the bottleneck? Don't get me wrong... in 5 years this likely won't be a debate, but at the moment I gotta hand it to MK.

• ...TWO BITS!

I voted both. Both have their pros & cons. But I guess I'm leaning towards Disneyland's.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Let's see...Magic Kingdom tore out it's Sub ride and lagoon in order to replace it with a playground for two-year olds.
    I believe that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction was in Fantasyland, even though it bordered Tomorrowland.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I believe that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction was in Fantasyland, even though it bordered Tomorrowland.
    Yes, Magic Kingdom's 20k was designated as Fantasyland, so I believe it should be left out of the "cons" when it comes to Magic Kingdom. At Disneyland I prefer Buzz and Space Mountain, with the future potential of Nemo subs, but Magic Kingdom has the TTA and my favorite, Caroussel of Progress. Not to mention I prefer Magic kingdom's themeing a bit more to Disneylands. Though with the addition of Stitch, the soon to be added Laugh Floor and the aging Space Mountain, Disneyland gets my vote overall.

• If We Can Dream It...

I was in the middle. WDW's TL has a much better theme/layout, they've got a bigger and longer SM (although it's maintenance is questionable), COP, and the TTA. DL's TL has a better selection of attraction attractions, a far superior speedway (Autopia), and the whole land is a little "newer" with SM, nemo, and buzz.
    - Horizonsfan

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    TTA or an empty track? CoP or Innoventions? Rocket Jets where they are meant to be or the bottleneck?
    These were exactly the factors that made me vote for MK. I love that kinetic feel that the TTA and the jets give the land. And CofP will always be a keeper for me, even if Disney has been sorely remiss in keeping it up to date. I do think DL's Buzz is better, and Space Mountain is far superior in California. But that big empty track and the jets impinging horribly onto Main Street really hurt the feel of the land for me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    These were exactly the factors that made me vote for MK. I love that kinetic feel that the TTA and the jets give the land. And CofP will always be a keeper for me, even if Disney has been sorely remiss in keeping it up to date. I do think DL's Buzz is better, and Space Mountain is far superior in California. But that big empty track and the jets impinging horribly onto Main Street really hurt the feel of the land for me.

Yah, I do miss the old location of rocket jets and the people mover, but Magic Kingdom is still a miss with that Stitch Encounter. Is Time Keeper still there or is that the new Monsters Inc laugh factory? Where's all the complainers on keeping it "tomorrow" on that one?

Overall, with the People Mover making an eventual return in some shape or another, it's still great to have Space Mountain and Star Tours in the same land.

Does anyone have more pics of Florida's Magic Kingdom in its current state? It would be great to see!

I'll post some of mine of Disneyland's Tomorrowland.. i haven't uploaded all of them but here's just a few..

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Vehicle rotating backward

MK has the Carousel of Progress. DL has the Carousel of BestBuy. 'Nuff said. Also, MK has spinning rockets up high if you're into that sort of thing.

I also appreciate their neo-industrial future compared to the DL TL, which is a mess regardless of whether it's Verne/Montana future, or 70s Renaissance future.

As Space Mountains go, DL's has the better interior and effects, but I like the wild twisty ride of WDW's more. Also the dome is huge and imposing and usually lit up in it's natural color at night while DL's is covered in colored lights that usually don't light up the backside near the bus depot.

Both of them are better than Tokyo's, which is a pretty sad lineup for the city that's so high-tech.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 11-30-2006 at 09:55 AM.

• Former Epcot CM

Disneyland has more updated interiors, you can't argue with that, but it has to be said that the Magic Kingdom has a much more slick, refined and continuously themed Tomorrowland. I love the cartoony-futuristic look of the place, from the chrome palm trees to the entrance archway.

But for rides, you'll have to go to Disneyland. I do love a bit of the Big Beautiful Tomorrow though.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Disneyland has more updated interiors, you can't argue with that, but it has to be said that the Magic Kingdom has a much more slick, refined and continuously themed Tomorrowland. I love the cartoony-futuristic look of the place, from the chrome palm trees to the entrance archway.

But for rides, you'll have to go to Disneyland. I do love a bit of the Big Beautiful Tomorrow though.
    could not have said it better myself , DisneyLand Tomorowland will always have a special sentimental place in my heart , but like Speedway said , objectively the Magic Kingdom has a much more slick, refined and continuously themed Tomorrowland

My Maleficent tattoo

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yah, I do miss the old location of rocket jets and the people mover, but Magic Kingdom is still a miss with that Stitch Encounter. Is Time Keeper still there or is that the new Monsters Inc laugh factory? Where's all the complainers on keeping it "tomorrow" on that one?
    Oh trust me we're here, come talk to me sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast