Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Disney Afternoon Avenue...

Anybody remember the overlay that Fantasyland took in like the 1990s with the cartoons like..Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, the one with the bear from the Jungle Book as a pilot, etc. I remember it was right before Toontown opened and a few attractions got temporary overlays like the Motor Boat Cruise and Fantasyland Autopia. Whatever happened to it? I remember seeing it one year and the next year there was still some of left and by the time Toontown opened all of it was gone.

• Minion

I remember it, fond memories.

• Banned User

Sounds like it was around to help promote the Afternoon Avenue lineup that they used to show with Duck Tales, Tale Spin etc.

• Head Salesman

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Sounds like it was around to help promote the Afternoon Avenue lineup that they used to show with Duck Tales, Tale Spin etc.
    That's pretty much what it was. It took up the majority of the Small World corridor, littered with building facades that were supposed to represent Duckburg. Where Toontown now stands was a meet-and-greet with Baloo (Tale Spin version) in his dressing room. The Fantasyland stage had a show with an all-Disney-Afternoon cast. The motor boat cruise was a trip through Gummy Glen, and the Fantasyland Autopia became a Rescue-Rangers-themed ride. And, of course, you could find all of your Disney Afternoon cast favorites (Gadget, Baloo, Louie, Fat Cat, Chip, Dale, Rebecca, Kit, Scrooge, etc.)
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

"Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

I loved the Disney Afternoon overlay...I remember getting my map stamped after visiting various locations in Fantasyland. It was really cool and interactive!!!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• e komo mai

I remember them having a Scrooge McDuck walking around. I have never seen him before then nor since.

I still have a souvenir tour guide from 1991 (I think) that has the Disney Afternoon cast superimposed over the castle on the cover. The park guide back then was several pages (10+ I think) and stapled. Nothing like the maps/guides they give out now. It's weird to look at and not see Toontown and Indy.

• For old time sake

I remember this. My Brother in law worked briefly for WDI and did some work on this....this was one of 2 stints as a WDI consultant
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    how cool... I was in Japan at the time so I didnt get to see any of this... how not fun
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I LOVED Disney Afternoon Avenue. Wish they'd give Toontown a DAA addition.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

I have some pics of me with that Disney Afternoon stuff and all the Cutouts, let me find them and scan them and I will post them here later

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    I LOVED Disney Afternoon Avenue. Wish they'd give Toontown a DAA addition.
    Gadget's Go Coaster!

And I swear to God that I saw Launchpad at the 50th during the opening ceremony, but I was too focused on Herbie to look too hard...
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Wasn't Me!

I was there in May of '91. I was on a first date...married 10 years....divorced...needless to say I dont think I have the pictures anymore!

• -Going Retro-

Didn't they keep the cutouts in the Fantasyland Autopia for a long time after Afternoon Ave was gone? Unfortunately I have no pictures of this fun temp land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast