Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I've got the Disney fever

Wink Your First Disneyland Memory...

Alright the question is what your first Disneyland memory is ride or otherwise. Not that you know you did, your actual memory. See for me I know that I was taken to Disneyland since I was a little baby, but my first major Disney memory is my sister and I riding the Peter Pan ride, I think I was 4 or 5 so she was 7 or 8 and we were so in love with the blacklight ( had no idea what is was then) but we thought it was the coolest thing ever that our La Gear shoe laces lit up on the ride. Maybe lame but I love that memory. So....what's yours?

Re: Your First Disneyland Memory...

I was five or so and had visited Disneyland with a group (YMCA I think). The rest of the group walked over the barrel bridge on Tom Sawyer Island and I was too afraid to pass over it so I stayed on my own side , was separated from the group and explored TSI all alone for what I think was a really long time (an hour or two) before being reunited with the group. I have a really soft spot in my heart for TSI to this day and my family still teases me about whether I will or wont cross the bridge when we visit TSI. (Of course the barrel bridge has been closed for a while so they tease me when we get to the suspension bridge).

• Comin' at ya!

LOL i created a topic just like this a few weeks ago. I think it was even titled the same
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

I remember being in line for People Mover when i was 4.

• my two sunshines

I remember being terrified of Monsanto - seeing everyone shrinking I just cried! And then I remember going on HM when they had the premiere - my Dad said that the ghosts will follow us home (we had just moved into a new home too) I was so scared and left things on my dresser and nightstand so that they were teetering off, so if anything followed us home than I would know if they fell off. Now that I think of it, I was rather silly!!! LOL (my neice is terrified of the HM and Pirates - she's 5 - I'll get her on and show her how silly everything is!)

•   
    • Kerplookee

mickey mouse pankcakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Popular Princess

the driving rain when we went to DL for my 6th b-day. that was the wettest trip we've ever had!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Going on my first ride in DisneyLand with my dad. That woud be the Peter Pan ride.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I remeber that Snow White was the first ride my mom took me on when I was 2 years old and I was traumatized and kept having memories of the witch... She didnt know that it would freak us out, because while she grew up with Disneyland this was one of the classic rides she grew up with, and she kept reassuring me that the witch wasnt real and the ride will soon be over, but I was in tears after seeing all the happy dwarves and Snow White, but then to see nothing but the witch my mom found it hard to stop me from crying... To make it crazier it was the first ride we rode that day, but I know my first disneyland memory was not happy although my mom made up for it and took me on the people mover, Skyway, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Dumbo, Alice and Its a small world and I seemed to enjoy those bevcause they were magical... but at age 2 some rides like the Haunted Mansion (the dark and the ghosts), Pirates of the Carribean (because of the dips), and Snow White (the witch) can be traumatizing to a young mind... It took me until the age of 5 to really start appreciating Pirates, age 7-8 to start appreciating Snow White ( I was too afraid to ride it until age 7 since it was my first disneyland memory) and The Haunted mansion... but I remember when it came time for lunch my mom had bought an apple and cut it up for my sister and i and my sister and I started crying in tears because we couldnt stop thinking of the awful witch... and we used to always check out closet for the witch to make sure she was not there. Although after I hit 3 years old I started knowing Disneyland and now because of that memory... It was my first ever Disneyland memory so I now have to do Snow White whenever I go to Disneyland!

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I have little bits of my first memories...I remember seeing Snow White down on Main Street, I remember seeing the Dinosaurs on the Disneyland Railroad, I remember it being really dark in the Haunted Mansion, but I wasn't scared, and then I vaguely remember riding Space Mountain when I was like 4 or 5...I think the Snow White memory was when I was like 2 or 3...good times :0)

oh and I remember riding Peter Pan with my mom when I was like 2 or 3 and she kept saying "Look Rob! We're flying!"...to this day that makes me all warm inside...a great memory! A ride very special to my heart!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I was afraid of just about everything. Everything except for Dumbo.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

My memories are vague and disjointed. It was very late 1955 and I was 5 years old. I remember Autopia and the Richfield eagle sign. I remember the "Midget Autopia" and driving through the little yellow barn. I liked the Hall of Chemistry because there were a lot of colors. I especially remember the hobby circle where people flew model airplanes. I just thought it was very odd, but also how very lucky these people were to be able to do it in Disneyland. I also remember my brothers and I getting our picture taken on the Main Street horsedrawn firewagon. I especially remember The Frito Kid dispensing machine. That was fascinating for a little kid. I wanted to ride in the stage coach but never got to.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    My memories are vague and disjointed. It was very late 1955 and I was 5 years old. I remember Autopia and the Richfield eagle sign. I remember the "Midget Autopia" and driving through the little yellow barn. I liked the Hall of Chemistry because there were a lot of colors. I especially remember the hobby circle where people flew model airplanes. I just thought it was very odd, but also how very lucky these people were to be able to do it in Disneyland. I also remember my brothers and I getting our picture taken on the Main Street horsedrawn firewagon. I especially remember The Frito Kid dispensing machine. That was fascinating for a little kid. I wanted to ride in the stage coach but never got to.
    wow... all the stuff we have read about like the Frito kid machine and hall of Chemistry and you actually got to experience it... Just think how lucky you are to have experienced all those changes Disneyland has gone through from then until now... I know I will someday have memories and all but The Oldest things I could remember that are extinct and no longer at Disneyland or in their original form are the Skyway, People mover, Big Thunder ranch petting zoo, Country bear jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, Alladins Oasis, Subrmarine Voyage, Rocket Rods, Circle Vision, The Rocket Jets on top of the people mover and The old Fantasyland Autopia... Its amazing how much Disneyland is always changing, sadly sometimes good things wind up leaving and things like Buzz lightyear, Tarzan, Nemo, Pooh and in some cases nothing takes their place.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

My first visit that I can recall was at age 4, in 1960. I distinctly remember seeing the late Jimmie Dodd and the original Mousketeers performing at the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I remember being scared by tribesmen "on the warpath" at the Indian Village....and I remember pancakes at Aunt Jemima's Pancake House.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Sitting in the Plaza (hub) area on a cool night all bundled up - wearing a red beanie on my head. I remember the twinkling lights and feeling excitement, yet not knowing really what was going on. I do recall we were waiting for my Aunt to get off of her shift at Tomorrowland Terrace and we were going to watch "The Main Street Electrical Parade" - this new parade. It must've been around 1973 or 1974.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast