Fireworks soundtrack volume pumped up during show???

Anyone else notice that they have pumped up the volume on the fireworks in recent weeks. We were in the park tonight and it felt twice as loud as normal, and this was the second time we noticed it. Is it my imagination, or has it got very loud? Not saying that I don't like it... becuase I LOVE IT!!! I always thought that Disney should push the volume with that massive sound system.

Any thoughts?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: Fireworks soundtrack volume pumped up during show???

Well, since I can't hear it at my house it's clearly not loud enough.

• Shubisha

It can vary from time to time probably. It can also be your imagination depending on how much noise there is going on around you and where you're standing in relation to certain speaker clusters. I can point you at parade speakers that are louder than others along the route for example.. they try and gauge how close people are standing in relation to the speaker probably, etc.. The day of the christmas special filming was cool because they had the parade music blasting through all the speakers at max volume without any fading or transitioning between floats and you really got to hear the music and the quality of their sound system, especially as all the attention went towards town square for miley cyrus and they still had it playing towards coke corner where only a few people walked along mostly quiet heh. I loved it.

• Basking in birthday love

It's not your imagination, the music is much louder than usual in the hub. Don't know why. Town Square's sound system seems to have been having issues of late.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

I love how loud it has been lately, really makes it that much better. Now only if the folks running Fantasmic! would catch onto this. Is it just me or has that show had incredibly LOW volume lately. Low volume takes some of the magic away from Fantasmic! IMHO.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Banned User

Were you next to a speaker?

Well, the soundtrack is louder to go over the fireworks noise. Also, the end music covers the sound of the snow machines. If the volume is too low, you can hear the motors running the machines. That kinda takes it out of the moment.
    Remember:
    Fireworks= loud music to be heard over fireworks and cheers
    Parades= lots of base so dancers can feel the beat
    Fantasmic!= MASSIVE sound system, but there are dead zones. Try to be in one of the prime viewing areas.

No, this is a noticeable increase in the volume. It's not subtle at all. At first I thought I was just standing near a speaker, but that wasn't it. I asked my wife and a few friends on several different occasions over the oast week, and we all agreed it is MUCH louder than usual.

Been around the fireworks and parades hundreds of times in the past fifteen years, never heard it cranked this much. Its super cool. Kinda like taking a hot rod out on the freeway and opening it up a bit more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Well, the soundtrack is louder to go over the fireworks noise. Also, the end music covers the sound of the snow machines. If the volume is too low, you can hear the motors running the machines. That kinda takes it out of the moment.
    Remember:
    Fantasmic!= MASSIVE sound system, but there are dead zones. Try to be in one of the prime viewing areas.

• Creative Director

I LOVE it when the music is nice and loud! This is how it is supposed to be. Some folks do have sensitive ears though.

Parades is where I get picky. Some places along the route is really nice and loud. Then, in some spots, its just way too low.
    Actually, for POD, I think the volume is too low along Main Street, nice and loud in the hub, small world is pretty good, but Town Square seems to be a bit 'echoey' (if thats even a word =)). kind of too much reverb there, needs to be smoother and cleaner (and I am not talking about the different floats music clashing with each other in that area.

It also all depends where you stand.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Remember:
    They do that because they don't want to ruin the "magic" for its guests.

• Banned User

I noticed this the last time I saw the holiday show as well. The sound system was incredible, especially in the hub. Down Main Street, the base tends to disappear because there aren't nearly as many subwoofers as there are in the hub. There are plenty of speakers, but not enough subwoofers to provide that awsome bass. I notice that in Town Square as well. This makes it the best audio vantage point I would say. Plus, the speakers they have facing into the partner's statue in the hub help a lot too.

The sound system up and down the parade route and Fantasmic system are without a doubt the best in the park. The speakers on the Observatron platform are tremendous as well (ever heard the bass from the Tomorrowland loop?), but they tend to get a little static and funky sometimes. They could use some updating. But speaking of Observatron, and loud volume, next time you all are in Tomorrowland, listen for the music that comes up when the Observatron is supposed to work every 15 minutes. Talk about blasted. You can hear it from Main Street and Ariel's Grotto sometimes. No complaints though-I love it.