Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Let's just decree MuppetVision Theater the one 3-D movie location on the resort, and have done with it.
    Don't you like Its tought to be a bug? I like that way better then muppets.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan117
    Don't you like Its tought to be a bug? I like that way better then muppets.
    Well, of HISTA, Muppets, and Bugs, I do think Bugs is the best, hands down. However, there's also the issue of theme to consider. I would choose Muppets because it at least seemed to relate to the Backlot concept of making a movie. Plus, its location in HPB makes the theater more versatile for replacement attractions.

HISTA is mildy Tomorrow-ish. But 3-D movies are not in and of themselves very Tomorrow-ish, and haven't been for decades. And you have that whole Innoventions issue to deal with... If Innoventions went away, I think I'd have less problem with keeping a show in Magic Eye. Replacing one exhibit or show every 8-10 years is doable, but keeping a new show in Magic Eye AND frequently changing exhibits in Innoventions means more money being taken away from plussing and upgrading the other attractions.

Bug's Land, while being IMHO the best of the 3-D films, cheats the rules of theming. It's also in a miserable location if they ever wanted to fix the lack of a real hub.

However... that goes back to the great thing about keeping the Muppetvision theater. If they decide to take out Muppets, they can retheme the building to focus on, say, a behind-the-scenes look at movie special effects. Create a small preshow film, and then use the theater to host the Disney 3-D films on a rotating basis. Keep TTBAB elements in storage, and install them for, say, three years every decade. The films extend their shelflives, and you get a "new" show every few years for not much more than a standard refurb. And when they DO create a new show, sell it the way McDonald's sells the McRib. Sell it as a "limited time only" presentation to drive guests into the park with a bit more urgency, and make it so good that, when Disney presents it again, people will flock back to see it again. It has worked for Disney videos and DVDs for years now, it should work for 3-D movies too.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Snaps for you JordanB. "Honey" has totally outlived its welcome.

I'd love to see something new. Heck, I'd be happy if they brought back Captain EO (with in-theater plastic surgery effects!)
    I hear if Jackson gets off They are going to have a Captian Freako.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    I hear if Jackson gets off They are going to have a Captian Freako.
    Funny... I was thinking of Michael during American Idol, and how he shoulda sung one of those songs to the parents of the plaintiff.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Wasn't there some news back that Disney bought the theme park rights to harry potter?? Hmmmm. That could be really cool. Maybe a Quidditch ride.

• The one, the only...

Personally, I don't like movies as an attraction. I go to movies all the time, I don't want to pay 50 plus dollars to go see a few. I also believe that 3D can be over done. Now you can see them all year long at IMAX theaters. There it is even more spectacular with the 5 story tall screen. Where is the imagination today? Why do we have to keep on just repeating the same attractions from other parks. Is it they don't want to film another movie? Come on. There has to be some great ideas for that theater! :confused:
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by aralechn
    BTW what's up with all these Star Wars avatars that I see?!?!? Is there another SW movie coming out?!?!?
    Obviously you know the movie is coming out, but there is a thread in the lounge where we are encouraging everyone to have Star Wars Avatars this week. It's been really fun so we might do more themed weeks!!

As for HISTA, anyone who hasn't seen it should see it. It's a really great show. It's one of those things I look forward to taking people to see who haven't seen it because I love seeing their reactions.

But I do agree it's time to change it out. I like the 3D shows and I think they should keep them. But I don't see why they can't change them more often. Like maybe 5 years. It seems like just filming a movie and reconfiguring the hydrolics systems is a big cost but would be way worth it to keep people in there. These days I only go do it if someone is with me ho hasn't seen it.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Although the theme wouldn't match, I'd like to see Philharmagic in there. Anything Donald rocks in my humble opinion...
    Oooooo...!!! I agree on this one. I think Philharmagic would be a great
    show to replace HISTA.

• U. B. Bold

Yes its time for something new. But not another 3-D movie. I liked the area better before the Magic Eye Theater was shoe-horned in there in front of Space Mountain. It used to be quite open with a live performance stage at the back and the upper levels of the SM queue looking down on it. I don't think they should bring back the stage, however. Some fun, kinetic attraction down there would be great. Open to the air with lots of movement. Would flying saucers fit? hmmm.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Sock Puppet

Funny, I never liked HISTA and now I'm going to be working it. It just seems like the newer generation of kids and teens won't know what the original movies were all about and I guarantee none of them know who Rick Morranis is, due to the fact that he is a d-list celeb now.

I think they should replace it with a new live action stunt show or something, Disney doesn't have very many of them. Yeah, I know the "stunt show" is something used by cheaper parks lots Universal and Knotts, but I think DL is need of having one. Maybe a Star Wars or maybe something original, but no musicals or anything, Tommorrow Land needs different shows than the rest of the park. Oh and no more shows or attractions revolving around Buzz Lightyear.

Wait, I got it,

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

AS>>>

SON OF CAPTAIN EO!!!!!!

• Minion

ACK!!!

Yes, JT would sign on in a heartbeat. But him finally fulfilling his aspirations of being Michael Jackson's little boy would not make for fine family entertainment.

Anyhoo, on a more serious note... HISTA is indeed a miserable form of entertainment. Hopefully with Eisner the Hollywood Ham departing soon, Disneyland will be able to become a themepark again, not a cineplex.

Live bands on the Tomorrowland Stage would be one thing. Otherwise, I think each land should be limited to one show, whether it be an AudioAnimatronics show, or a venue like the Fantasyland Theater. So, HISTA, Carousel Theater's first floor, or Pizza Port should vacate and make room, a great new show should go in (or at least a re-Imagineered Carousel of Progress) that sums up the Tomorrowland theme, and the rest should be used for rides or something a little more spectacular.

And any stunt show should go to HPB. A little of that goes a LONG way.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Hitchikers.... With some live action.... a little of this.. and a little of that.....

wont get boring for a while.. cause it could change every time...

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kiwilime49
    I think they do need to get rid of HOney, I loved the movies when I was younger and the ride was cool. They need a new one, like with Ludwig Von Drake doing science stuff.
    I like this idea.

• Minion

Something Star Wars, and the live action thing could really work here.
    Star Wars just makes sense, it has real lasting power in TL.
    Special effects, live actors and stunts, and maybe film behind them. They could redo Star Tours as well, and it would really help give TL that much needed face-lift.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Special effects, live actors and stunts, and maybe film behind them. They could redo Star Tours as well, and it would really help give TL that much needed face-lift.
    Hmm, maybe they could tie it in to a Star Tours redo. You take a Starspeeder to Tattooine and exit right into the Magic Eye Theater...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast