Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Something Star Wars, and the live action thing could really work here.
    Star Wars just makes sense, it has real lasting power in TL.
    Special effects, live actors and stunts, and maybe film behind them. They could redo Star Tours as well, and it would really help give TL that much needed face-lift.
    Totally agreed. Star Wars in that part of TL really works. There's Star Tours, the Star Trader and the Starcade. I know a lot of people are against movie tie-ins but if it's done well enough, it'll ahve enough staying power like its counterpart, Star Tours.

If they redo Starcade as a restaurant and other entertainment, I think it would justify putting Star Wars more into the land.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

I think Philharmagic is a G-R-R-REAT (homage to dead legend, may he rest in peace) idea. I've never seen it, but I've read that it is 4-d attraction, and 4-d is futuristic, right? As long as it's new, glossy, and high-tech it could make a good tomorrowland addition! I mean, not everything in Tomorrow has to be star wars or Buzz Lightyear, as much as I love the former. And look, they're building a FINDING NEMO attraction in Tomorrowland. Think about it. FINDING NEMO. In TOMORROWLAND. Personally, I wouldn't mind importing some 'goods' from Japan and France, though. Like the 20,000 leagues under the sea attraction from Japan, or StormRider. Those are somewhat themed rides. They have great technology.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaChel
    I think Philharmagic is a G-R-R-REAT (homage to dead legend, may he rest in peace) idea. I've never seen it, but I've read that it is 4-d attraction, and 4-d is futuristic, right? As long as it's new, glossy, and high-tech it could make a good tomorrowland addition! I mean, not everything in Tomorrow has to be star wars or Buzz Lightyear, as much as I love the former. And look, they're building a FINDING NEMO attraction in Tomorrowland. Think about it. FINDING NEMO. In TOMORROWLAND. Personally, I wouldn't mind importing some 'goods' from Japan and France, though. Like the 20,000 leagues under the sea attraction from Japan, or StormRider. Those are somewhat themed rides. They have great technology.
    Well, the Submarine ride used to have Captain Nemo...

• Sock Puppet

I can now say that HISTA is a whole lot funner to work than it to actually ride (had my training to today). So now I hope they don't get rid of it because that's where I'm having the most fun at right now. Although as a guest, I can see where a new show needs to be put in.

• Hooterville, USA

Leave "Honey" alone! Not every attraction has to be removed after so many years. Look at how long the best rides have been there.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    I think it is time to do something like Terminator 3D with a mix of live action and 3D movie. Maybe make that the Star Wars building:

1) updated Star Tours,
    2) Star Wars combo live-action show/3D-movie,
    3) and replace Starcade with a dark ride like buzz but you have to aim by moving your whole car left-right and up-down instead of just holding a pistol.
    A Terminator 2/3-D - live action crossover type of attraction would be SWEET! Besides Star Wars, other films that would lend themselves to a future themed 4-D format (of any kind) are Flight of the Navigator, The Incredibles, The Absent Minded Professor, or any new non-Star Wars sci-fi that Lucas releases - or a 4-D attraction based on Tokyo Disney Sea's Journey To the Center of the Earth ride.

A more volatile version of WDW's Stitch's New Great Escape would also make for a great HISTA replacement. HISTA remains a good attraction for thiose who haven't seen it many times. But, the thill is gone for most everyone else and it's time to move on. If Disney wanted to bring Michael Jackson back, they could have him do a Turtle Talk with Crush / Scared Straight hybrid kind of a thing...Criminal Talk with Wacko Jacko. It would start out, Yo, Kids! "I have to watch my back everyday because I've been BAD..."

The idea of a Harry Potter-based 4-D attraction (especially one featuring Quiditch) would rule to the extreme. However, I think such a show would mesh with the Adventureland theme much better. Other films that would be great for such an Adventureland attraction are National Treasure and Aladdin (virtual Magic Carpet ride). I look forward to a version of WDW's Mickey's PhilharMagic eventially coming to either Fantasyland or Toontown

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234