Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Help With Special Assistance Pass

Hi-
    I will be going to Disneyland tomorrow. I have heard about all the changes to the sap...
    I have epilepsy. Does anyone know if that would qualify for a sap? If I were to have a seizure in line, that would be very devistating to me.
    Thanx for the help!

• Banned User

Re: Help With Special Assistance Pass

Go to city hall and tell them you have epilepsy. They will hand you a yellow pass up to 6 people to go up the exit with you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Hi-
    I will be going to Disneyland tomorrow. I have heard about all the changes to the sap...
    I have epilepsy. Does anyone know if that would qualify for a sap? If I were to have a seizure in line, that would be very devistating to me.
    Thanx for the help!
    There is no longer a SAP. They were widely abused. You can go to City Hall and explain to them your issues, and they will discuss options with you. You may receive a GAC, howeer, it is not a "front of line" pass. You will still wait in a line, it will just be in a seperate area. Some lines are much longer than the regular line, as rides have limits as to the number of disabled can be on a ride for evacuation purposes. POTC you wait outside along the walkway. Space Mountain, you wait in an area near the exit. IASW - The line is almost always twice as long as the regular line, you wait right in front of the ride, near where you used to enter with fastpasses. Get a guide to Disabilities from City Hall and it will explain which rides have HA queues and which don't. Rides such as Buzz, which you may not be able to ride anyway, is fully accessible. All rides in DCA are accessible. You may want to check out a couple other threads.

We discussed this here previously.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

A Special Assistance Card does still exist, but they are given out on a case by case basis, per the discretion of the cast members working in City Hall that day. I'd say bring lots of doctor documentation, detailing your illness/handicap and the necessity for the SAC.
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Minion

I have an implant thing planted in my chest and I have a card for that. But unfortunatly I have no other documentation...
    I have been, but have not asked for assistance lately, but seem to be having a bad spout. I will see what happens. Hopefully I will get a nice person.
    Took my grandma (she is 88 and on dialysis) and the cast member was so rude! (This was last yr) They told me she needed to be present and then when she was, they said she didn't need a card...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Don't bother taking any doctor notes. The CM's won't even touch them.

We get a "Guest Assistance Card" from City Hall each trip to DL/DCA. There are different levels of ride access with each stamp on the card. They have a stairs stamp and a wheel chair stamp. The stair stamp will get you in w/o having to climb stairs (like POTC, Splash, BTMRR, Indy, etc..). But if a ride doesn't have stairs to enter/exit, then you will have to go in the regular line. If you have a pass with the wheelchair stamp on it (and you don't have to be in a w/c to get the stamp), then you have the ability to avoid most lines by entering the exit. For instance, you even avoid the wheelchair access line for POTC and enter the exit and board right away (even when there is a w/c line formed outside the exit). The same is true on Space Mtn.

I won't discuss the reasons/conditions that would qualify you for a w/c stamp, you just need to plead your case with the CM at City Hall.

If you have a wheelchair. ECV, or a cane/walker, then no pass is needed. You automatically "qualify" to enter the exit when it is required. As already mentioned, most newer rides are w/c accessable, so you still need to go through the main line.

One tip that I will pass on though, is to not throw away your GAC at the end of your trip. On your next trip, you can just show the CM your "expired" card and they will more than likely issue you another one for your current trip. Of course, assuming that you still qualify to have one.

We are satisfied with the current GAC program. The previous program was a joke. Way too many folks abusing the system, and now that DL had to tighten the regs to get one, people are whining about it.

Those that truly need one, can get one.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

• Minion

I Agree U Don't Need Any Documentation They Will Not Look At It I Get A Pass With Arrows On It It Is The Best Pass No Line What So Ever U Just Need To Plead Ur Case. I Agree The System Now Is Alot Better

Yep, the arrow one is the third (and I think final one). It is not handed out very often.

That is the one that we have too.

It does make a big difference in our ability to enjoy the Park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    If you have a pass with the wheelchair stamp on it (and you don't have to be in a w/c to get the stamp), then you have the ability to avoid most lines by entering the exit. For instance, you even avoid the wheelchair access line for POTC and enter the exit and board right away (even when there is a w/c line formed outside the exit). The same is true on Space Mtn.
    We do not have a WC and have to use the HA queues. When we go on POTC, I usually place the kids in the wheelchair line, then I go to the CM managing the line and tell them our party size and that we don't have a wheelchair. They will then work us in, but I never bypass the line and assume I will board right away. I always stand in the line until the CM is ready for us and brings us forward.

On Space Mountain, we always wait in the HA line, and even though we do not need the mobility rocket and do not have a WC, we still wait our turn.

I wish they would just find a way for the HA queue to also use fastpass.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    We do not have a WC and have to use the HA queues. When we go on POTC, I usually place the kids in the wheelchair line, then I go to the CM managing the line and tell them our party size and that we don't have a wheelchair. They will then work us in, but I never bypass the line and assume I will board right away. I always stand in the line until the CM is ready for us and brings us forward.

On Space Mountain, we always wait in the HA line, and even though we do not need the mobility rocket and do not have a WC, we still wait our turn.

I wish they would just find a way for the HA queue to also use fastpass.
    AS LONG AS U DONT HAVE A WHEEL CHAIR UR PASS IS A FAST PASS U CAN CHOOSE WHERE U RATHER GO

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Yep, the arrow one is the third (and I think final one). It is not handed out very often.

That is the one that we have too.

It does make a big difference in our ability to enjoy the Park.
    YEAH THEY TOLD ME U HAVE TO BE UNDER 18 TO GET THE ARROWS THEY HAD TO MAKE A SPECIAL ASEPTION FOR US

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    AS LONG AS U DONT HAVE A WHEEL CHAIR UR PASS IS A FAST PASS U CAN CHOOSE WHERE U RATHER GO
    No, we can't. We travel with a service dog. We are required to use the HA. We cannot use the fastpass lanes, they will send us down to the HA area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    YEAH THEY TOLD ME U HAVE TO BE UNDER 18 TO GET THE ARROWS THEY HAD TO MAKE A SPECIAL ASEPTION FOR US
    The Arrow stamp is usually reserved for Make-A-Wish kids. They do make rare exceptions though, but the exception is very rare.

True. There is less than a handful of reasons (that I know of) that qualify you for an arrow pass.

And rightfully so, since you do have the opportunity to by-pass most of the lines.

If the lines are manageable, we will go in them. Just this past week, we rarely used the pass and everything went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    We travel with a service dog.

I have a question...

When you go on a ride, does someone from your group have to stand-by with the service dog? Is the dog allowed on certain rides (like POTC or IASW)? I wouldn't think that the CM's would allow an unattended dog waiting for you while you are on the ride (no matter how well trained he/she is).

Also, I just read about a service dog that can detect a seizure before it happens. Actually up to about a half hour before the seizure occurs. That is amazing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast