Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "Always On The Move..."

Question About Million Dreams - Number in Group?

This might have been addressed before...but I either didn't see it or missed it.

So...

A couple of weeks ago my Sister and I were back at the park, for the THIRD time, we were stopped and were talked to by a member of the "Dream Team." Each and every time they approached us, they were smiling, very happy, and talked to us about the park, asked us if we were having a good time, how we like the park, etc. THEN the bizarre statement of ...

"I wish I could offer you a dream, but it's only for a family of four. Sorry. Have a Magical Day." Then they would walk off. The first time we were, "Ummm ok, that was strange." The second time, was "What the?" And the third time we broke up in laughter and both of said, "Wait, we took showers and everything." The CM looked a bit startled and said, "Oh that's the rule. You must be a family of four."

So, is that the rule, or does anyone have any idea what is going on. (I mean it's not like I'm gonna roll over and die if I don't get a Dream, but it is just strange." So if anybody has a clue...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Question About Million Dreams - Number in Group?

Thats odd, because theres been quite a few people on this board who got dreams and were either alone or with one other person.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

ew that sucks if that is true cuz I am going with one of my friends, but it will only be the two of us! I was hopin we could get like Dream Fastpasses or something like that...damn!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Jambo!

I'm sure some prizes are designated for only certain groups, possibly like a night in the Mickey suite(don't hold me to that), but prizes are given to all sorts, I got a pair of Dream Ears and I was all by my lonesome.
    Last edited by goofgeek; 12-03-2006 at 10:22 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I got a dream when I was just by myself.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I really don't see the point in the CM telling you that you won't be getting a dream that day because you weren't with a family of four. Why couldn't they have just asked how many people you were with, said something like, "That's cool...have a great day at the park?" Why the need to say something like they did just to disappoint you? Pretty bad guest/customer service if you ask me.

...Joe...

• "Always On The Move..."

Like I said, this happened on three different trips to the park. AND with three different CM's. LOL I guess we were just the "lucky ones."

But, really strange...or some CM's out there that don't quite understand the rules. The only common factor was that each time it happened right in front of City Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

This is what I saw. The Dream CM's walked out from behind HM and they stopped in the walkway on the way to Splash and Pooh (yeah I said it), and they were handing them out to anyone who walked by. They didn't care who walked passed them.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Well, that would so suck if they said that to me... there will be afamily of four, but half is soemwhere else.

• Minion

The lady that won the Cruise trip was not a "family of four". And we have heard from numerous others who have won who were not in a party of four. Maybe they were looking for the first families for the Mickey Penthouse overnight.

According to the rules, the computer spits out a time and location. The CM goes to that location and at that time, awards it to the person (or in cases like the hats, lanyards, fastpasses, people) that are there. To deny someone is violating the rules and can cause lawsuits and the state to determine its not a fair "game".

Perhaps the CMs were tired of being followed......
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The CM goes to that location and at that time, awards it to the person (or in cases like the hats, lanyards, fastpasses, people) that are there. To deny someone is violating the rules and can cause lawsuits and the state to determine its not a fair "game".
    We're just waiting for the Sunday when the computer spits out:

"12:00pm - Bench between White Rabbit and Goofy"

There may be specific prizes that call for four people, but I have not heard of any.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    We're just waiting for the Sunday when the computer spits out:

"12:00pm - Bench between White Rabbit and Goofy"

There may be specific prizes that call for four people, but I have not heard of any.
    And hands Al a Dream FastPass for DCA
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    And hands Al a Dream FastPass for DCA
    The Dream Fast Pass is for both Disneyland and California Adventure. It comes with 2 seperate cards.

We got ours under the castle walkway and they were handing them out to whoever was coming through. We are a party of three.
    Foolish Mortal

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

That particular thing may be the ride in the parade. I read on a post somewhere on here that they only offer that to families of four, specifically father-mother-son-daughter type families.

It's totally wrong how they did it though. They shouldn't wave a carrot at you then take it away. Year of a million cruel disapointments!
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    That particular thing may be the ride in the parade. I read on a post somewhere on here that they only offer that to families of four, specifically father-mother-son-daughter type families.

It's totally wrong how they did it though. They shouldn't wave a carrot at you then take it away. Year of a million cruel disapointments!
    How absolutely rotten! As if the majority of families are four, with one daughter and one son...how biased...it's the nuclear family that was invented in the 40's. Most families involve seperated parents nowadays.

Whatever is going on here, I think that's horrible and unfair. Everyone should have an equal oppertunity to winning something. If this "family of four" thing is true, then Disney is quite out of touch. I suggest you contact them about this.

Wonder if couples get anything at all? I don't visit the resort with my parents anymore (my dad never did in the first place). And my boyfriend and I are just dating, we don't have kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast